X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecobee Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to interface HomeSeer with your Ecobee Thermostats

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Fixed problem when changing settings due to side effect of the Schedules feature

Changes to v3.0.0.28
    - Fixed problem with security protocol change on Ecobee servers

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - Added possibility to define schedules from config page, and apply them to a thermostat from an event action

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - Added "Set Hold Action Setting" action
    - Added "Sensor In Use" device which report if the temperature sensor of the thermostat or the lilbee is currently in use

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - Fixed HVAC status when used with heat pump.

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - Fixed error description. Most of "The call failed for an unknown reason" errors should now have more descriptive messages.

Changes to v3.0.0.23
    - Added "Humidifier Mode" and "Humidifier Level" devices.

Changes to v3.0.0.22
    - refactor Ecobee.Net library to avoid installation problems on Linux (specifically on SEL)

Changes to v3.0.0.21
    - Added ControlUse filed to devices, in order to be controllable from Google Home and Alexa

Changes to v3.0.0.20
    - Added "Aux Heat" HVAC Mode
    - Added new model names for Ecobee 4

Changes to v3.0.0.19
    - Fixed error when Ecobee server returns an empty response.

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - Fixed bug when setting "Minimum Fan Runtime" to 0

Changes to v3.0.0.17
    - Added "Minimum Fan Runtime" device

Changes to v3.0.0.16
    - Fixed problem when resetting authorization
    - Fixed problem with "Auto" icon on Linux
    - In case of multiple thermostats, details for each thermostat are now requested in separate requests.

Changes to v3.0.0.15
    - Fixed fan hold

Changes to v3.0.0.14
    - Force refresh of authentication token when AuthenticationTokenExpired exception is received
    - Added possibility to log to file

Changes to v3.0.0.13
    - Added support for HS Replacement Variables in "Send Message"actions.

Changes to v3.0.0.12
    - Fixed Current Program device status

Changes to v3.0.0.10
    - Set root device to Offline when plugin can't reach server.

Changes to v3.0.0.9
    - Added occupancy device for the main thermostat
    - Added a temperature device for the main thermostat which is the temperature given by the internal sensor.

Changes to v3.0.0.8
    - fixed icons for remote sensors
    - fixed copy/paste of actions

Changes to v3.0.0.7
    - fixed problem with remote sensors devices key (if you had installed version 3.0.0.6 previously you need to delete the devices for remote sensors, and then install and start the new version)
    - added icons for sensor occupancy device, and root sensor device

Changes to v3.0.0.6
    - added support for remote sensors

Changes to v3.0.0.5
    - Fixed refresh of access token
    - Avoid error when thermostat name is blank
    - Fixed problem when setting low and hig setpoints.

Changes to v3.0.0.4
    - Fixed problem with AutoHome and AutoAway event type missing

Changes to v3.0.0.3
    - Fixed HSTouch integration / thermostat API
    - Added "Current Program" device and moved confort controls to this device
    - Added "Hold Action For" setting in the config page

Changes to v3.0.0.2
    - Added "Send Message" action
    - Added controls on the root device to resume program and for each comfort setting

Changes to v3.0.0.1
    - Fixed problem with DehumidifierMode field
    - Added icons for humidity and temperatures
    Last edited by spud; October 25, 2018, 03:05 PM.

Getting the following error after installing:

Code:
    Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Install/Update of package Ecobee was successful.
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\\Ecobee.ini
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Extraction Complete.
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Extracting files from zip file: images.zip
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\System.Time.dll
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Ecobee.Net.dll
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Making dir: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Installing package Ecobee
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Using local file: Ecobee_3-0-0-0.zip
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Downloading update: Ecobee
    Oct-27 8:05:35 AM	 	Updater	Starting download of updates

EDIT: Disregard this error. I needed to install .Net 4.5. Once I did that the plugin loaded and I was able to authorize. Now I'm getting the following error:

ERROR Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "on" to type 'Ecobee.Net.DehumidifierSetMode'. Path 'settings.dehumidifierMode', line 62, position 29. ---> System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'on' was not found. at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument) at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult) at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase) at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.EnumUtils.ParseEnumName(String enumText, Boolean isNullable, Type t) at Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.StringEnumConverter.ReadJson(Json Reader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.StringEnumConverter.ReadJson(Json Reader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserializeConvertable(JsonConverter converter, JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.S etPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.C reateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.C reateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.S etPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulate(JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.PopulateInternal(JsonReader reader, Object target) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.PopulateObject(String value, Object target, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.OnLoadFrom(String json) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.OnLoadFrom(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ApiObject , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid2[T0,T1](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ApiObject , Object ) at Ecobee.Net.ApiObject.LoadFrom(Object dataObject) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Thermostat , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid2[T0,T1](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1) at Ecobee.Net.Thermostat.ApplyDetails(Selection selection, Object data) at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Thermostat , Selection , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) at Ecobee.Net.Thermostats.d__12.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()
    Last edited by wposner; October 27, 2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      Getting the following error after installing:

Code:
      Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Ecobee.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Install/Update of package Ecobee was successful.
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Config\\Ecobee.ini
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Extraction Complete.
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Extracting files from zip file: images.zip
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\System.Time.dll
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Ecobee.Net.dll
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Making dir: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Installing package Ecobee
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Using local file: Ecobee_3-0-0-0.zip
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Downloading update: Ecobee
      Oct-27 8:05:35 AM         Updater    Starting download of updates
      I think you need to install .NET 4.5 or higher

Comment

Spud,
        How do you like the Ecobee stats? Are they high quality and reliable?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I think you need to install .NET 4.5 or higher
          I did. I edited my post to include the error that I'm getting after installing .Net 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Spud,
            They don't have the same build quality as Nest. The backplate is a flimsy as are the connection terminals. But the UI is nice--about on par with Nest. There are some features Ecobee has that Nest doesn't, like vacation mode where you can preprogram in a date/time and the Ecobee will automatically go to "away" for that duration. You can also group Ecobees so they share settings. So if you want one group to behave one way and another group to behave in a different way that's possible. A new cool feature just released is native geofencing (as long as you have the homekit enabled version and an apple tv).

A few things I don't like:

If you have a schedule set, but it's in auto-away, it will come out of auto-away to run the schedule. Why????? I HATE this!

If you have the feature enabled where it will start cooling/heating early to reach the desired set point by it's scheduled time, the Ecobee will show the CURRENT set point, while the equipment is running to get to the scheduled set point. So if your current set point is 78 and you have it programmed to go to 72 by 8PM, the Ecobee will show a set point of 78 while it also shows a room temp decreasing. Once 8PM rolls around, the set point will change.

If you set the system to OFF, but you don't turn off the auto fan runtime, the fans will still run. This became a huge problem for me when I started my home renovation project. I turned off the system, but my fans still ran at set intervals all day long sucking up all kinds of dirt and dust. Off should mean off!

They look cool hanging on the wall. They're more sensitive to motion detection than my Nests were, and they behave slightly differently than what you might be used to for Nest thermostats. But now that we have a plugin for Homeseer, I'm happy!

Comment

I did. I edited my post to include the error that I'm getting after installing .Net 4.5
              please test version 3.0.0.1 (attached to first post), it should be fixed in this version
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Spud,
                I installed three ecobee3's yesterday and so far I love them. Compared to my last thermostats (CT30s with Zwave), these have no communication issues and work perfectly without a 'C' wire. I can't compare them to the Nest since I never had one, but after reading dozens of reviews and comparisons, I decided to get them. Also, the ability to add up to 32 extra sensors per thermostat sold me almost instantly. I have a total of 7 sensors in 7 different rooms and have actually disabled the use of the built-in sensor in one of the thermostats since the thermostat is right above the air return and is much colder than the actual temperature.

However, I've only had them for a day and a half so I would take my advice/review with hesitance for now.

Comment

That version fixed the error.

Is there anyway to control away vs home like in the Nest plugin? BTW, awesome job!

Thanks!
                  Wayne

Comment

That version fixed the error.

Is there anyway to control away vs home like in the Nest plugin? BTW, awesome job!

Thanks!
                    Wayne
                    not yet, but it should not be too difficult to add

Comment

not yet, but it should not be too difficult to add
                      Aside from adding Home/Away/Sleep, would it be possible to add occupied/unoccupied statuses from the wireless sensors? I would love to have the ability to use them for motion lighting if possible.

Also, great plugin! I installed 3 ecobee3's yesterday and was planning on having to wait a few months for a plug-in, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Whenever the plug-in is officially released I'm happy to pay.

Comment

Also, would it be possible to add a "resume schedule" button to one of the created devices? Similar to if you manually change the temp you can just tap on the "TEMP and holding" icon on the thermostat to resume the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Aside from adding Home/Away/Sleep, would it be possible to add occupied/unoccupied statuses from the wireless sensors? I would love to have the ability to use them for motion lighting if possible.
                          Also, would it be possible to add a "resume schedule" button to one of the created devices? Similar to if you manually change the temp you can just tap on the "TEMP and holding" icon on the thermostat to resume the schedule.
                          I will add Home/Away controls as well as a "Resume schedule" one. Regarding the occupied/unocuppied statuses from the wireless sensors, I'm not sure if it's possible with the current API

Another cool feature I want to add, is the possibility to send messages to be displayed on your Ecobee. This way your thermostats can be used as additional displays for notifications.

Comment

Another cool feature I want to add, is the possibility to send messages to be displayed on your Ecobee. This way your thermostats can be used as additional displays for notifications.
                            Is that possible with the API? I didn't even think about that, that would be an amazing feature!

Also, could you add an event trigger for alerts? I was thinking about possibly doing something like IF "masterbedroom ecobee3" has an alert THEN pushover "Alert at $$DSC:thermostatCode:: $$DSC:alertDevice:." to all clients.

Comment

Is that possible with the API? I didn't even think about that, that would be an amazing feature!
                              yes it is possible, I have just successfully tested it. I just need to implement it as an Event action now.

Also, could you add an event trigger for alerts? I was thinking about possibly doing something like IF "masterbedroom ecobee3" has an alert THEN pushover "Alert at $$DSC:thermostatCode:: $$DSC:alertDevice:." to all clients.
                              it should be possible as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X