HS3 and way2call Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITguyHS,,

THANKS AGAIN !!!! When I plug a headset into hometroller I am getting my test speech in the headphones. Also getting test speech on my android phone client so speaker client must be working. Will need to check if Hometroller S6 PRO has an internal speaker. I thought it did. Seems at one time earlier on I heard homeseer startup message coming from hometroller. Maybe I have a speaker in my monitor that it was playing through. Is there a way to select the speakers that the speaker client sends audio to? Thanks again you are great !!!!! Rick

I created an event in homeseer that is triggered manually. The action is say something. My text is Hello this is a test of homeseer text to speech output. No quotes around it. When playing on my android client it says most of the time (Hello Hello this is a test of homeseer text to speech output). It says Hello twice. Is there a better way to do this test event or a different command I should be using to play text to speech in an event to prevent this from happening. Doesn't do this when testing script output on homeseer computer. Should I be using a wait for event completion or something like that? Thanks again as always !!!! Rick
    Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 18, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      When I plug a headset into hometroller I am getting my test speech in the headphones. Also getting test speech on my android phone client so speaker client must be working. Will need to check if Hometroller S6 PRO has an internal speaker. I thought it did. Seems at one time earlier on I heard homeseer startup message coming from hometroller. Maybe I have a speaker in my monitor that it was playing through. Is there a way to select the speakers that the speaker client sends audio to?
      I doubt that it has an internal speaker. I notice in the specs that it has a "line out" jack and an HDMI port. You probably would have to plug a powered speaker into the line out. There's a possibility that it might be routing audio out through the HDMI, but you'd have to check with Homeseer Support to find out. If it does, and you used a monitor with built-in speakers, that might also be a solution. You can define the default client list by going to Setup=>Network. There's a setting for that at the very bottom. By default, it sends to all clients.

I created an event in homeseer that is triggered manually. The action is say something. My text is Hello this is a test of homeseer text to speech output. No quotes around it. When playing on my android client it says most of the time (Hello Hello this is a test of homeseer text to speech output). It says Hello twice. Is there a better way to do this test event or a different command I should be using to play text to speech in an event to prevent this from happening. Doesn't do this when testing script output on homeseer computer. Should I be using a wait for event completion or something like that?
      As you are discovering, audio support on the HS clients is far from perfect. All my clients [both Android and Windows] have the same problems you are experiencing. If you send audio to a client before the previous audio is finished, it will usually just cut off the previous audio and start playing the new. I haven't found the "wait for completion" to help much, but an event "wait" helps. But even that only works within the same event.
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks ITguyHS,

When you speak of event wait are you referring to the checkbox in the event setup? Thanks again !!!!! Rick

Comment

When you speak of event wait are you referring to the checkbox in the event setup?
          You can use that also, but within the event there's an event action for Wait. You probably shouldn't use a Wait of more than a few seconds, to keep from tying up resources. But to allow a little time for audio to finish, it's ideal.

If you're wondering why I refer to it as "audio" instead of "speech", it's because HS supports playing audio files through the clients, as well as speech. Both of them have the same kind of problems.
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks ITguyHS,

I noticed there are no checkboxes for wait when using event action of speak something. Would this be what you are getting at:

IF triggered manually
            THEN speak hello this is a test.
            AND WaitMS(2000)

The problem is when the speech starts. Sometimes it says hello twice. The speech finishes fine? Strange why it does this. Maybe I will try slowing down the tts speech rate also to see if this helps?

Thanks again for your help !!!!!!! Rick

Comment

In the event, just choose the Wait action, then choose the duration. So it will look something like:

IF triggered manually
              THEN speak hello this is a test.
              THEN Wait 5 seconds.

The repeating speech is a known, long-standing problem. You can submit a bugzilla on it, but I don't hold out much hope of it getting fixed anytime soon.
              Fred

Comment

ITguyHS,

Thanks much !!!! I played around some today with the speaker clients and in some cases it got almost half way through the speach phrase and started over and finally finished. It does this more often than not. Seems almost unuseable. I have a sonos play one that I think I will try and get going with sonos plugin. Seems like it would be much better to send tts and other speech and music throughout the house. Have you had any experience with homeseer and sonos speakers? Also I was wondering how bad or frequent your speech messes up on your speech clients? I am thinking the quality of the wifi in the house would greatly affect the reliability of the speaker clients? I'm thinking that the problems with homeseer speaker clients have caused alot of homeseer speaker client users to switch over to sonos speakers for remote speech. They are pricey but seem to work well and reliably. Thanks again !!!!! Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
                  Sorry, I have no experience with Sonos. My client speech problems are almost constant. That's good thinking on the quality of WiFi affecting the client speech! I think if any of your clients can be temporarily moved, it would be worth temporarily putting one of the ones that consistently has speech problems very close to the WiFi router to see if that makes the problem go away. If you get a chance to do that, please let me know the results.
                  Fred

Comment

ITguyHS,

I tried moving clients (cellphone, kindle fire, etc.) Close to the router with no changes. Still just as bad. No improvement. Will probably send something to homeseer tech support regarding this issue. Like you mentioned earlier, probably won't do any good. Strange thing about it is I have looked all over the forum and can't find others with this same issue? Have you seen anything on forum regarding this issue? It is surprising as the speaker client issues we are experiencing are really bad. Intetesting to know if you have seen forum threads regarding this issue. I just checked with homeseer tech support and they said this is the first they have heard of this issue? That is strange. They said to put in a bug report in on this issue and to have others do the same. I was wondering how you do that and what you think of their comment? Thanks again for your thoughts and great help !!!! Rick
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 19, 2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen other mentions of repeated speech. The problem is that there are so many possible causes other than a HS bug. Here is a
                      link to one I've seen. You might want to check out the very last post in the first link to see if that helps your situation. You'll notice that there are references to having multiple speech proxies being a cause of this. It doesn't apply to me, but you should check your setup to be sure.
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=speech+repeat

I have gotten to the point where I pretty much "tune out" the repeats, so I went back and did some testing today. The repeats are not happening much now, so I misspoke on that. In your case, I'd check out the proxies thing. I can't be of any help on that one, since I've never used any.
                      Fred

Comment

Thanks much ITguyHS !!!! I will check the link out for sure !!!!!! Look forward to talking with you again as I expand on hsphone use !!!!! You have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate it !!!! Rick
                        Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 19, 2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

ITguyHS,

Well here I go again. I found that the more clients you have connected the worse the problem is. My thought regarding this is to send speech to one client at a time using events. That way if my network is a bit slower than it needs to be, I won't tie the network up by trying to push to much info over it at the same time.

I have the following clients:

HOMETROLLEREFAULT
                          HOMETROLLER:ANDROID

First question is can I send to these speaker clients individually? Seems I can. In the event setup I can edit speaker client list. When I select HOMETROLLEREFAULT speech only goes to hometroller speaker output jack. When I select HOMETROLLER:ANDROID the speech goes to all three android clients at the same time. I believe the reason is they all have the same name. I have checked but can't seem to find out how to change the speaker client names. It is probably obvious but I am not seeing it. I was wondering if you know how to change the speaker client names? I have checked under settings,network,speaker clients and in the event setup. I believe if the android speaker clients have separate unique names then in the event I can select which one to send the speech output to. Your help and thoughts on this again are much appreciated. Thanks again !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
                            You're exactly right about directing speech to individual cleints. Client names have to be changed on the client end. For Android clients, bring up the client options (default is by touching the top right corner of the Main screen, but this can be overridden if using Designer). Look for Client Name and give each one a unique name.
                            Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Did a quickie how to over here.

How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Basically it is installing the drivers, plugging in the W2C box and testing with the W2C Wizard. Once this is done with HS3 in off mode. Start up HS3 and you will see the W2C device in the drop down on the Homeseer Phone tab in HS3.
                              Hi Pete, thanks, installed 32 bit and zilch. install say all ok, but nothing in device manager, and id when I plug in the Way2call windows reports unknown device

Any thoughts Sir?
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Yeah first time that you plug in the Way2Call box you should have HS3 off and it will load the drivers that were installed.

Try rebooting the computer with the W2C box plugged in. Also try keeping HS3 off on reboot.

It will take a few minutes to load the drivers. You can nudge it maybe by going to device manager - unknown device and upgrade drivers...

Here tested it on Windows 7 64 bit quickie box I made to test run HS3. It was a tad slow installing the drivers.

The drivers and test wizard are installed in the Windows system32 directory.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X