DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    The images in this directory are what is downloaded from the DoorBird device, the device stores an image when the doorbell is pressed and the plugin is downloading this image from the device but is only doing it upon request from the UI as you found. Even I were to refresh the download they still are the images stored in the unit, not always a live image.

Can you show me what you are doing in an event, it could be that when you are downloading the image (say when the doorbell is pressed) that the image has not get finished being saved to the unit so is old (I had to put something in to deal with that as if you read too quickly you got half an image) by one. A delay/wait of a couple of seconds may solve that.
    Thank you kindly... even a 1 second delay is sufficient and we have a snapshot of who is at the door at last

Comment

Does everyone's plugin still work OK? DoorBird have very kindly put significant changes in their API but appear to have got rid of some old methods that I was using in the plugin (which from what I can see make no mention of whether or not they continue to support them or they have gone) and I don't know if this has had any implications on how things are working.

Comment

Worked 12 hours ago if that's helps? Delivery of my Chinese takeaway yum yum

Comment

Still seems to work for me as well. Great plugin!
          stefxx

Comment

I spoke to soon. Since a restart of HS3, it doesn't work anymore...

feb-26 08:00:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
            feb-26 07:56:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
            feb-26 07:54:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
            feb-26 07:50:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
            feb-26 07:48:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
            feb-26 07:46:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
            feb-26 07:26:18 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
            feb-26 06:58:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
            feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird MAC Address: xxxxxxx
            feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird Build Number: 15190330
            feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird Firmware: 000110
            feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird Success At Connection To DoorBird
            feb-25 19:50:14 Starting Plug-In Plugin DoorBird started successfully in 38 milliseconds
            feb-25 19:50:14 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin DoorBird ...
            feb-25 19:50:11 Info Plugin DoorBird has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61444
            feb-25 19:50:11 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in DoorBird
            feb-25 19:50:09 Plug-In Found plug-in: DoorBird, version: 0.0.0.19

And now only this:

feb-26 18:52:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:50:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:48:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:46:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:44:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:42:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:40:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:38:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:36:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:34:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:32:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            feb-26 18:30:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
            stefxx

Comment

restarted homeseer here and doorbird still works

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                I spoke to soon. Since a restart of HS3, it doesn't work anymore...

feb-26 08:00:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
                feb-26 07:56:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
                feb-26 07:54:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
                feb-26 07:50:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
                feb-26 07:48:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
                feb-26 07:46:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out
                feb-26 07:26:18 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
                feb-26 06:58:21 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
                feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird MAC Address: xxxxxxx
                feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird Build Number: 15190330
                feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird DoorBird Firmware: 000110
                feb-25 19:50:14 DoorBird Success At Connection To DoorBird
                feb-25 19:50:14 Starting Plug-In Plugin DoorBird started successfully in 38 milliseconds
                feb-25 19:50:14 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin DoorBird ...
                feb-25 19:50:11 Info Plugin DoorBird has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61444
                feb-25 19:50:11 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in DoorBird
                feb-25 19:50:09 Plug-In Found plug-in: DoorBird, version: 0.0.0.19

And now only this:

feb-26 18:52:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:50:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:48:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:46:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:44:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:42:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:40:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:38:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:36:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:34:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:32:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                feb-26 18:30:16 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
                Strange, what is odd is that I would expect it to return a 404 error (or similar) if I was calling something that no longer existed however as this is returning 503 it seems like it can't reach it at all but at the start it manages to connect and get the data from the unit. Can you just try restarting it a couple of times and seeing if anything changes?

Comment

After some basic troubleshooting, it seems my device is having problems. The video stream was still accessible, but I could not login to the admin section (from the Doorbird app).

I restarted the device, and I can non-stop ping the device without issues, but the video access from the device fails most of the time. Is my device broken?
                  stefxx

Comment

After some basic troubleshooting, it seems my device is having problems. The video stream was still accessible, but I could not login to the admin section (from the Doorbird app).

I restarted the device, and I can non-stop ping the device without issues, but the video access from the device fails most of the time. Is my device broken?
                    I'd leave it a short time and try again, it might have left some video connections open and waiting for them to time out. You will get a 503 if you have more than one open at a time...

Please keep in mind that the device is a Video Door Station, which handles in general - like all commercially relevant door stations - only one simultaneous audio/video call for live communication. You get a status code "503" (Busy) if another user already took the call. In that case you can notify the user with a message dialog on your GUI, e.g. "Line busy" and additionally preview one still image (LIVE IMAGE REQUEST)

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      I'd leave it a short time and try again, it might have left some video connections open and waiting for them to time out. You will get a 503 if you have more than one open at a time...
                      Thanks. I posted my message after 10 minutes of trying, and just two minutes later it started working again

Plugin is working as well again. Not sure why it failed for over 24 hours... but it seems resolved. Thanks!
                      stefxx

Comment

DoorBird look to have made some significant changes to the API with their D2xx line of devices, I imagine (and hope for my sake) that the use of these devices is going to be rare to non-existent with HS users due to the fact that they are likely more suited to commercial applications where multi user access is required. Support for these devices on this basis will be limited at this time. There is no information in the DoorBird API as to when they are likely to deprecate the old legacy HTTP calls and I have decided to go through the pain of changing now rather than get caught by surprise later.

Some changes I have noticed/implemented;

1) The relaxation parameters have gone, these were the re-trigger times for the sensors - albeit there appears to be a setting in the app called 'pause between alarms' which may do the same. All mention of that and ability to change those parameters has gone from the plugin.

2) Moved to Newtonsoft JSON DLL, users won't notice this and it was needed because the .net functions don't have the flexibility around some parameter properties that Newtonsoft has.

3) Users can have the ability to be able to be designated an API operator - I HIGHLY suggest you ensure that the user that you are using in the DoorBird plugin is afforded these permissions in the app.

4) Favourites/Schedules - The biggie! DoorBird have made some decisions here that again will likely not be used by HS users. The way I setup the plugin is to create three favourites which are the HTTP calls into the plugin to notify HS of your doorbell/motion/open sensor being triggered. You then have to set a schedule for these favourites to be activated, these were a bit problematic to preserve so I have elected that they be defaulted to 24x7 for both alert notifications to the DoorBird service and also to the plugin. HS's event engine is going to be better to make decisions around the timing/conditions of when events should be triggered and it could cause confusion should these schedules be amended in the app.

I am afraid visually there is nothing different and as such it might be difficult to notice the changes, I would be greatful if someone would be willing to give version .20 a go for me and see how they get on (I am more interested in whether it works and newer functionality should hopefully be coming at some point) - this zip file can be extracted into your HS directory and then go into the updater and it uses the updater_override file which you will need to delete afterwards.

Thanks...
                        Last edited by mrhappy; March 30, 2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I installed .20 on my HS3 system running build 423. I am using a D101S DoorBird device with firmware 110.

A (very) quick test seems to validate that everything is working just fine. If over the next few days anything happens you'll be the first to know

Thanks for your continued support!
                          stefxx

Comment

Well, shoot. Hope this doesn't break things, I have a D202. Got a good deal on it I'll try the new plugin shortly and let you know.

Comment

I installed .20 on my HS3 system running build 423. I am using a D101S DoorBird device with firmware 110.

A (very) quick test seems to validate that everything is working just fine. If over the next few days anything happens you'll be the first to know

Thanks for your continued support!
                              That's good to hear thanks I'll wait to hear back from a couple of other people to make sure it's ok then I'll put it in the updater. Thanks for trying it..

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                                Well, shoot. Hope this doesn't break things, I have a D202. Got a good deal on it I'll try the new plugin shortly and let you know.
                                That's great to hear and the D202 should be ok as it's just a single access intercom, it's more the multi button ones that support is limited for at the minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X