X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Target High & Target Low buttons seem to be joined

HS3 W10 Nest-3G Thermostat
    My HVAC has Fan and Heat.

From the HS device management page if I press Target Low - it decreases both High and Low values by the same amount. Both values are set to 21 right now.

Is this normal? I am under the impression they set the at home and away temps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
      HS3 W10 Nest-3G Thermostat
      My HVAC has Fan and Heat.

From the HS device management page if I press Target Low - it decreases both High and Low values by the same amount. Both values are set to 21 right now.

Is this normal? I am under the impression they set the at home and away temps.
      "Target Temperature Low" is for heat and "Target Temperature High" is for cool, if your system only has Heat, only one "Target Temperature" device should have been created.
      You can try to delete both target temperature devices and then restart the plugin so that the devices are properly recreated, if 2 devices are recreated maybe your thermostat is misconfigured?

Comment

in version 3.0.0.17 (available here) I have added support for Nest Cameras (including Dropcams)

For each camera you will get 3 new devices like in the screenshot below:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cameradevices.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1183010

Some new Nest triggers have been implemented to let you trigger some HS events based on motion and/or sound events detected by cameras:

Name:	CameraEventStarts.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1183011

to benefit from this update you need to give the plugin some new permissions from your home.nest.com account. (You should have received a message there)

Name:	permissions_updates.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1183009

Comment

Any way of getting Nest cam to disolay in HSTouch?

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post
            Any way of getting Nest cam to disolay in HSTouch?
            no, I don't think that's possible, unless maybe if you embed the Nest web page directly in your HSTouch project.

Comment

Away - Target Temp

Hi,

I was hoping to be able to display the target temp depending upon if the nest is in Away or Home mode. However it appears that the only target temp that exists is the Home temp. When I switch the mode to Away the temp doesn't change even though the Nest app shows a much lower temp in the away config page.

Is there any way to retrieve this? I was really hoping to display both the current and target temp in my UI so that I can see that things are correctly setup.

Thanks,- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by januszczyk View Post
                Hi,

I was hoping to be able to display the target temp depending upon if the nest is in Away or Home mode. However it appears that the only target temp that exists is the Home temp. When I switch the mode to Away the temp doesn't change even though the Nest app shows a much lower temp in the away config page.

Is there any way to retrieve this? I was really hoping to display both the current and target temp in my UI so that I can see that things are correctly setup.

Thanks,- Jeff
                Yes the away low/high temperatures are available in the API, so I could add some new devices to display them, but note that you won't be able to change them via the plugin.

Comment

Away - set temp

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  Yes the away low/high temperatures are available in the API, so I could add some new devices to display them, but note that you won't be able to change them via the plugin.
                  So what I'm trying to do is display the set temp and current temp in the UI. This is to allow me to see if things are setup correctly on a status screen (using Jon00 html plugin). Adding two new devices that showed the away low/high temp would be symmetrical to the current implementation (reports the home low/high points). I guess the question is how useful that is, especially since you can't change them. Personally I was hoping to have two devices that shows the current temperature set point (low/high) tied to the current mode. If we are in Away it shows the away low/high, if in Home the home low/high. That makes the UI significantly easier (especially since logic isn't permitted in the Jon00 plugin).

One last wish - I have Nest setup in two different locations. Would be awesome if the plugin config allowed me to select which Home to filter on. No filter is the current behavior - I have to effectively discard 1/2 of my devices since they are irrelevant. Would be nice to simply not process them in the first place.

Thanks! And I'm blown away by the fast response!
                  - Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by januszczyk View Post
                    So what I'm trying to do is display the set temp and current temp in the UI. This is to allow me to see if things are setup correctly on a status screen (using Jon00 html plugin). Adding two new devices that showed the away low/high temp would be symmetrical to the current implementation (reports the home low/high points). I guess the question is how useful that is, especially since you can't change them. Personally I was hoping to have two devices that shows the current temperature set point (low/high) tied to the current mode. If we are in Away it shows the away low/high, if in Home the home low/high. That makes the UI significantly easier (especially since logic isn't permitted in the Jon00 plugin).

One last wish - I have Nest setup in two different locations. Would be awesome if the plugin config allowed me to select which Home to filter on. No filter is the current behavior - I have to effectively discard 1/2 of my devices since they are irrelevant. Would be nice to simply not process them in the first place.

Thanks! And I'm blown away by the fast response!
                    - Jeff
                    in version 3.0.0.20 available here, the Target temperature devices now show the away temperatures when in away mode.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      in version 3.0.0.20 available here, the Target temperature devices now show the away temperatures when in away mode.
                      Excellent! That seems to work just great. My status page now displays both the ambient temperature and the corrected target temp. Quite awesome.

Thanks Spud!
                      - Jeff

Comment

Nest plugin is not showing correct temperature values. Like I have set value at 22.5 but it's showing 22. Can this be fixed ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmoud View Post
                          Nest plugin is not showing correct temperature values. Like I have set value at 22.5 but it's showing 22. Can this be fixed?
                          I'm guessing you're using Celsius?

In general HS3 Touch has always rounded Celsius numbers (this was not the case in HS2). Many a Canadian has asked for this, but it hasn't happened. IMHO, it's always worth continuing to shake that tree - let HS know directly that it's something you're looking for.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                            I'm guessing you're using Celsius?

In general HS3 Touch has always rounded Celsius numbers (this was not the case in HS2). Many a Canadian has asked for this, but it hasn't happened. IMHO, it's always worth continuing to shake that tree - let HS know directly that it's something you're looking for.

Paul
                            Yes, I am using Celsius. I just shake the tree and lets see what they say. I am on day 3 of trial and making sure everything works before I buy this expensive software.

Comment

I will say this - as much as it's nice to have temp within HS, for the most part with my Nest I kinda ignore the HS side of temperature, mostly because the Nest app just works so darn well, if I need to play with temp I just open it up instead of HS....

Comment

Originally posted by mmoud View Post
                                Yes, I am using Celsius. I just shake the tree and lets see what they say. I am on day 3 of trial and making sure everything works before I buy this expensive software.
                                If the problem is only with HSTouch (?) you should post in the HSTouch subforum or contact HST support directly. As the Nest plugin author there is nothing I can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X