Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset Lock Replacement

Hi all,

Had a Kwikset 910 crap out on me today. Was a very quick call with Kwikset and a replacement is on its way. I just needed to upload a couple of pictures to their website for verification of the lock. The lock still responds to z-wave but the motor no longer operates. Ideally I would swap the z-wave daughterboard between the existing lock and the replacement lock so that I don't need to redo any events/scripts. Has anyone tried that before and are there any issues with that?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Spark an,

How long did you have the lock and what was its average open/close cycle per day?

I have 1 that cycles perhaps 20 times a day, 1 that cycles a couple of times a day and 1 that cycles about once a month.

Michael
    Michael

Comment

I've done this twice with a Yale lock, without any issues. In that lock, z-wave card just plugs into a slot. From controller's standpoint, it is the card that is the identity of the lock. So as soon as I plugged the old card into a new lock, I was done.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
        I've done this twice with a Yale lock, without any issues. In that lock, z-wave card just plugs into a slot. From controller's standpoint, it is the card that is the identity of the lock. So as soon as I plugged the old card into a new lock, I was done.
        Great, thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
          Spark an,

How long did you have the lock and what was its average open/close cycle per day?

I have 1 that cycles perhaps 20 times a day, 1 that cycles a couple of times a day and 1 that cycles about once a month.

Michael
          Hi Michael,

I believe I bought it in 2010. Couldn't find the details, which worried me when I called in for the warranty, but they did not even ask me when/where it was bought. It is our most used lock, cycles about a dozen times per day. One other is 4-5 times per day and one very rarely (it is mostly operated manually with the lever and not with the motor).

Cheers
          Al

Comment

i just started working with kwikset vs old yale lock i had. what has been your experience with kwikset? mine is on outdoor gate and i find it hard to reach vis zwave.
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Working...
            X