Changing Zone Names on the Concord panel- HS3 not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Zone Names on the Concord panel- HS3 not updating

I just edited Sensor Text on the Concord 4 panel but HS3 is still showing the old sensor name.Do I have to manually edit a config file in HS3/Concord Plugin to reflect this change.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    I just edited Sensor Text on the Concord 4 panel but HS3 is still showing the old sensor name.Do I have to manually edit a config file in HS3/Concord Plugin to reflect this change.
    Have you tried to just edit the device name manually in HS3? It's only entered when it's created, so that should work.

LMK,
    Z

Comment

I can certainly do that. Does the plug-in read the zone/sensor names only once on an initial startup. I thought that when you selected Get Zone Details from the Configuration menu it would pick up any change made on the panel automatically including Zone name.

Comment

I can certainly do that. Does the plug-in read the zone/sensor names only once on an initial startup. I thought that when you selected Get Zone Details from the Configuration menu it would pick up any change made on the panel automatically including Zone name.
        Worse, once during creation (ie must not be there). I don't track the panel and HS3 changes because the Concord panel descriptions are so limited and short the HS3 descriptions are usually changed to be something more readable.

At least that's what I think I remember it does

Z

Comment

So if I delete a sensor/zone on the Concord panel I must manually delete it in the Concord plugin. I was curious to know if you are able to synchronize the panel/plugin time could you do the same with the zone/sensor names.

Comment

So if I delete a sensor/zone on the Concord panel I must manually delete it in the Concord plugin. I was curious to know if you are able to synchronize the panel/plugin time could you do the same with the zone/sensor names.
            Actually, I've never tested removing a sensor/zone. I suspect it may not remove itself (it's focused on creating), I'll have to look at the code. If you do remove one LMK.

It's possible (coding wise) to do it but it's not necessarily a simple process as you many occasionally remove a sensor/device from the panel for some reason and not want it removed from both the plugin and HS3 (ie you may use it in an event or such). So probably it would need to be a manual process (ie checkbox, etc)

Z

Comment

Yes I removed a sensor/zone on the panel and it still remained on the plugin. That sensor/zone is now null as it doesnt exist anymore on the panel.

I assume you have all the zone/sensor info stored in a database file. Maybe you could write a routine to cleanup the database by comparing what is stored in rom on the panel v what is stored in the plugin database using the panel info as the reference point.

Comment

Yes I removed a sensor/zone on the panel and it still remained on the plugin. That sensor/zone is now null as it doesnt exist anymore on the panel.

I assume you have all the zone/sensor info stored in a database file. Maybe you could write a routine to cleanup the database by comparing what is stored in rom on the panel v what is stored in the plugin database using the panel info as the reference point.
                Like I said, that depends on wheterh you want that to occur automatically or manually. If you just removed it to replace it, or disable it temporarily, you may not want it to automatically be removed from the plugin and HS3. It's also not just a matter of updating the Concord plugin database, but also removing the HS3 device.
                I'll take a look at it.

BTW, why did you remove a sensor?

Z

Comment

Also, just leaving it as Null and deleting the HS3 device shouldn't cause any issues other than having an orphan sensor in the PI DB. You could also use a SQL editor to remove it from the DB (make a backup first).

Z

Comment

Ok. In order to have the plugin recognise my panel's now edited sensor/zone names would I have to reinstall the plugin. Is there anyway to reset the plugin to force it to read the control panel sensor/zone names now without doing a reinstall.

Comment

I've added a new sensor/zone directly at the Concord control panel, restarted the PI and it picked it up straight away with the name I supplied at the control panel. The same does not apply if I delete the sensor/zone. It might be a feature you could possibly consider. It would keep the control panel in step with the PI as far as Concord sensors/zones are concerned.

Comment

Working...
                      X