X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reboot of HS3 sure helped

Originally posted by RJS View Post
    Initially, I had the same problem until I rebooted HS3. Now it works well.
    Just one bug left. The User Opening device only shows the 3 msb digits of the 8 digits so we have no idea who actually disarmed the system. It always reports 750. However the logfile spits out the entire 8 digits. For me, it's important because when I'm on travel, a neighbor will come over to tend to the cat. So when she disarms the system using her guest code, I want HS3 to react differently than if me or my wife disarms the system.
    I posted bug 2243 about this last week. If displaying 8 digits it too much work, the 3 lsb digits are the most important.

Comment

Actually, I did have something odd (and frustrating) happen last night. I came home from work & Costco after trying to fillup my gas tank, which was declined by AMEX. So I disarmed the system and a Force Arm was triggered. That's happened before so I have an event that kicks in to clear it. It simply sends the arm partition using the master code to the IT-100, waits a couple of seconds and sends the disarm code. That seemed to work to I called AMEX. I have set the "Cannot Re-Run For:" property to 4 minutes but it kept re-triggering every few seconds anyway. It's never done that before. So HS3 is playing all these alarm noises that I wrote events for, while I'm on the phone with AMEX (turns out their system was down last night and declined many people's purchases) and at the same time, my cat is meowing his head off to pay attention to him. Arg! So I'm running around the house trying to find a quiet place with the Homeseer alarm going off, the cat following me and the AMEX computer voice saying "I'm sorry I didn't not understand that." Failing to find a quiet place, I kept punching the master code into the panel over and over and over until it magically cleared.
      The good news is that I'm glad it didn't happen to my wife! I'd be in for it and any future Homeseer purchases would be in jeopardy.
      The "force arm" is a standard DSC note. It makes no sense, but the panel sends it quite frequently. I get it all the time and just ignore it. It doesn't show on the panel itself, only through the IT-100 messages.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        The "force arm" is a standard DSC note. It makes no sense, but the panel sends it quite frequently. I get it all the time and just ignore it. It doesn't show on the panel itself, only through the IT-100 messages.
        I can reproduce it by tripping the PIR while disarming. Until that condition is cleared, the partition will never report either a disarmed or ready condition. It was not an issue until I had HS perform actions based on the partition status. I still don't understand why the event kept re-triggering.

Comment

I felt like Earl Holliman in the Twilight Zone episode when he was locked up in the small room to simulate being on a spaceflight to Mars and at the end he kept bashing the panic button over and over, hoping it would all end.

Comment

I was wondering if you guys are working on a plugin wich would be compatible with the new DSC NEO panels ?

Comment

Originally posted by abuck View Post
              I was wondering if you guys are working on a plugin wich would be compatible with the new DSC NEO panels ?
              I'm curious about this as well. Looking to replace an ancient panel, and was thinking of going with the Neo.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Comment

Have you restarted HS3 since the plugin update? When I upgraded, I had com port errors but restarting fixed it.

Also, what problems were you seeing before the update? There are only 2 issues I see with .44:
                  1. Partition Armed never gets set. (I submitted bug 2348 on 10/31/14)
                  2. User Opening shows only the 3 MSB of the 8 digits (I submitted bug 2243 on 9/25/14)

- Robert

Comment

I had problems with the Baud rate if changed in the plugin. I keep it at 9600 and have had good luck with it. If I changed the baud rate in the plugin to anything other than 9600, I loose connection between HS3 and DSC, The IT100 flashes and DSC works but will not update HS3. When changed back all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
                      I had problems with the Baud rate if changed in the plugin. I keep it at 9600 and have had good luck with it. If I changed the baud rate in the plugin to anything other than 9600, I loose connection between HS3 and DSC, The IT100 flashes and DSC works but will not update HS3. When changed back all is good.
                      OK, I never changed the baud rate so I never saw that problem.

- Robert

Comment

When I want to go to the DSC Security > Device Config I got a blank page after upgrading to ver. 3.0.0.44

the apps still running... and working but no page to config.

how can I recover the Html page?

Comment

Have you restarted HS3 since the plugin update? When I upgraded, I had com port errors but restarting fixed it.

Also, what problems were you seeing before the update? There are only 2 issues I see with .44:
                          1. Partition Armed never gets set. (I submitted bug 2348 on 10/31/14)
                          2. User Opening shows only the 3 MSB of the 8 digits (I submitted bug 2243 on 9/25/14)

- Robert
                          To answer your questions:

I have tried to restart HS3 on multiple occasions

I wasn't seeing any issues prior to the .44 update - other than there wasn't seemingly any communication between HS3 and DSC, which was working just fine, but mysteriously stopped at some point. My original questions remains, which is how can I troubleshoot this and identify where it is failing?

Comment

missing green padlocks

Just upgrading to HS3 from HSPro.

I've installed the DSC plugin and it works, the status text will update with the text "open or restored" however there is no little green open/closed padlock like I had with HSpro. Which also means the little padlock icon is missing in hstouch as well.

I can manually go in and associate the open and closed padlocks with each value, but I've never had to do this on the old version and wondered if it an install bug/permissions problem or expected behaviour?

Comment

I just upgraded to version 3.0.0.45 and it is still not working. Issue is described above - can someone PLEASE provide some troubleshooting steps. All I am looking for is basic troubleshooting steps when DSC plugin is not working. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mwijas View Post
                                I just upgraded to version 3.0.0.45 and it is still not working. Issue is described above - can someone PLEASE provide some troubleshooting steps. All I am looking for is basic troubleshooting steps when DSC plugin is not working. Thanks!
                                You get no status from the panel and cannot send any commands to the panel either, right? It seems that there is either a com port issue or a plugin issue.
                                Maybe the com port got fried. Have you tried using a different com port?

- Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X