Setting Programs & Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Programs & Times

I installed EZFlora the end of last season, the warm weather is coming around and i am re-visiting the install and configuring zones, and water times..
    I am unable to find any documentation regarding setup , and explaining of operation.
    My questions are as follows
    First off I Just want to confirm
    Under Manual Timers For each zone
    If i set the time in each zone if i turn on a zone using the valve control.. The manual timer should kick in and TURN off that zone, after the specified time... Correct??
    And Under The Program Timers...
    I am a little unsure how they work.. I need to confirm, that if i set two zones, to run for xx minutes, it will only turn on 1 zone at a time.. for xx minutes..
    I understand this is a standard in lawn sprinkler controllers, that only one zone will turn on at a time, but since there is no documentation on this i just want to confirm and not asume. also, just want to find out the best practice to Time trigger an event.. Im again assuming i would just set a Program timer set up for my two zones, and then use a timed trigger event to activte that timed program..
    Again I am assuming, i just want to make sure that it the way i should be setting times..

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
    I installed EZFlora the end of last season, the warm weather is coming around and i am re-visiting the install and configuring zones, and water times..
    I am unable to find any documentation regarding setup , and explaining of operation.
    My questions are as follows
    First off I Just want to confirm
    Under Manual Timers For each zone
    If i set the time in each zone if i turn on a zone using the valve control.. The manual timer should kick in and TURN off that zone, after the specified time... Correct??
    And Under The Program Timers...
    I am a little unsure how they work.. I need to confirm, that if i set two zones, to run for xx minutes, it will only turn on 1 zone at a time.. for xx minutes..
    I understand this is a standard in lawn sprinkler controllers, that only one zone will turn on at a time, but since there is no documentation on this i just want to confirm and not asume. also, just want to find out the best practice to Time trigger an event.. Im again assuming i would just set a Program timer set up for my two zones, and then use a timed trigger event to activte that timed program..
    Again I am assuming, i just want to make sure that it the way i should be setting times..
    Your assumptions are correct for each of your questions:
    1. The Manual Timers will set the duration that a zone will run when it is manually enabled using the valve control and will automatically turn off when the specified timer value is reached.
    2. The program Timers will enable one zone at a time for the duration specified. Only one zone can be active at a time on the EZFlora device.
    3. Triggering the Program Timer to activate is achieved through the use of HomeSeer Events. Just create an event that is triggered based on the conditions you desire and then set the action to turn on the Program Timer that you have programmed with your desired times. Once the program runs through all of the programmed zones and times it will automatically shut off.
    Let me know if you have any additional questions,

Adam

Comment

Awesome..
      thanks so much for clarifying it..
      i was pretty sure my assumptions were all correct, just wanted to make sure..

thanks
      Fred

Comment

Hello, im back, I seem to be having some minor issues...
        I am running plug in version 2.0.0.1

All my program 1 times, are set to 30 mins...
        If I run the program it works perfect...
        however I need to tweak the times.. and if I go in and set them..
        and then go back in days later, they revert back to 30..
        and that goes for the Manual timers also...
        any thoughts suggestions please would be awesome.. thanks

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
        Your assumptions are correct for each of your questions:
        1. The Manual Timers will set the duration that a zone will run when it is manually enabled using the valve control and will automatically turn off when the specified timer value is reached.
        2. The program Timers will enable one zone at a time for the duration specified. Only one zone can be active at a time on the EZFlora device.
        3. Triggering the Program Timer to activate is achieved through the use of HomeSeer Events. Just create an event that is triggered based on the conditions you desire and then set the action to turn on the Program Timer that you have programmed with your desired times. Once the program runs through all of the programmed zones and times it will automatically shut off.
        Let me know if you have any additional questions,

Adam

Comment

That is very strange. I am not sure how the program times could revert back to a previous value unless command to change the timer values was unsuccessful or there is an issue with EZFlora hardware. Could you post a copy of the log with debug logging enabled capturing when you attempt to change the timer values so I can verify the messages are being sent and responded to properly?

Thank you,

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by hurry4it View Post
            That is very strange. I am not sure how the program times could revert back to a previous value unless command to change the timer values was unsuccessful or there is an issue with EZFlora hardware. Could you post a copy of the log with debug logging enabled capturing when you attempt to change the timer values so I can verify the messages are being sent and responded to properly?

Thank you,

Adam
            Adam,

Please disregard, immediately after typing this I tried once more and it seemed to work..
            perhaps I didn't save ALL THE WAY Out of the device when making the change..
            sorry for the false alarm
            thanks
            fred

Comment

Glad to know it is working. Let me know if happen to run into any other issues.

Adam

Comment

Hi.Will your plugin work on the new https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...smart-home-hub that's coming out later this year?I have the insteon plugin working but I need to control my EZFlora sprinkler system

Comment

Working...
                X