This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcp View Post
    Thanks and can add them manually to HSTouch. I am not using Netcam but rather UltraNetCam; any chance you will support UltraNetCam as a source?

I'll try it out this weekend and add it to the app if it's straightforward.

Comment

I would be happy to try on my iOS devices if it works with Hs3.

Bob Silver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this app still under development? It's nice, but not being able to group thermostat components into one device is a bit of show stopper for me. Any plans to fix the thermostat issues?

Comment

Issue with no device control

So I am having the same issue with HSBuddy as I am with HSTouch (and the designer).

All of the devices show up but I have no control options, only status. No errors in my log. Anyone seen this? JSON and Ascii are both enabled.

When I start HSBuddy I am seeing this in my log:

Problem serializing data for JSON request: Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.
          Last edited by rmiles7721; May 22, 2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

This is an excellent app!! Just wondering if you are continuing to develop this app, since I've not seen any activity since March with v.1.0.10. Are there any plans for future enhancements? Also, can you add the capability to Enable or Disable an event and not just Run the event. Thanks.

Comment

How do I go about getting this on an iPhone?

Comment

This app definitely had some good potential. I wonder what happened to Avargaskun. Why would he spend all that time making this good app and then just disappear? Hope he's ok.

Avargaskun, if you're still around but don't want to work on this app anymore, maybe you could open source it and let the community build on top of it. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                  This app definitely had some good potential. I wonder what happened to Avargaskun. Why would he spend all that time making this good app and then just disappear? Hope he's ok.

Avargaskun, if you're still around but don't want to work on this app anymore, maybe you could open source it and let the community build on top of it. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it
                  Totally agree! Good to see he popped into the forum today, so who know he may give an update.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                    Totally agree! Good to see he popped into the forum today, so who know he may give an update.
                    Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away for a while. Switched jobs a couple months back and that's been keeping me extremely busy. As I continue to get adjusted to the new schedule I'll start dedicating some time to the app once again

Cheers!

Comment

Where can I download this app?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_L View Post
                        Where can I download this app?

Refer to first post. If you are after IOS, you will need to send him a PM

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                          Refer to first post. If you are after IOS, you will need to send him a PM
                          Thanks... PM on the way

Comment

Android

Started using the app yesterday and I'm very pleased so far. Using s6edge Android.

Have not managed to find my camera yet. Added manually through hstouch and Netcom plug in.

Any suggestions? It's working in homeseer original app.
                            I can

Comment

Originally posted by entazee View Post
                              Started using the app yesterday and I'm very pleased so far. Using s6edge Android.

Have not managed to find my camera yet. Added manually through hstouch and Netcom plug in.

Any suggestions? It's working in homeseer original app.
                              I can
                              There is a couple reasons why the camera functionality was disabled in the Android app:
                              • The camera option in HSBuddy requires a Direct Connection to HomeSeer, it does not support MyHomeSeer. This means the HS server needs to be visible to the Internet. In almost any case this should be done only using secure connections (SSL).
                              • Android does not support connecting directly to HS using SSL because HS uses old security protocols that Google explicitly disabled (which is also why HS cannot be accessed directly via SSL using Chrome).

I took a look at some options and found a way to access HomeSeer via SSL using newer security protocols. I've documented how to do this, by Using a proxy for SSL redirection.

With that out of the way, I've pushed a new version of the Android app that re-enables camera support. Anyone using the app should get a prompt to upgrade next time they use the app, or it can be downloaded directly from HockeyApp.

Comment

New build and HS3 plug-in

After a while of not being able to get back to it, I finally had some time to work on HSBuddy again. A new build of the application is available with some bug fixes. Also available, the first version of an HS3 plug-in that complements the functionality in the app.

The first feature available through the plug-in is the ability to view cameras added to HS3 via netcam, hstouch, ultranetcam3 or ultrasighthoundvideo3. Although that was already possible with the hsbuddy.aspx hack, it was not very stable. More features will be coming.

Information on the plugin, where to download it, how to install and configure it: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/ser...server-plug-in

Suggestions on how to configure your network to connect to the plugin securely: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/network.html

The new versions of HSBuddy for iOS and Android can be found in their usual locations:

iOS: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288

Android: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60

-Antonio

Comment

Working...
                                X