Simply Automated UPB UCQF-W 3-Speed Fan Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could you try again with version 3.0.0.34

I tried importing your upe file with version .33, and got the following error:
    ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Unable to create tailored device instance -- No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

It is now fixed in .34, but what is weird is that this error is not in your logs. Have you ever seen it?
    When you install make sure both HSPI_UPBSpud.exe and bin/UPBSpud/UPB4CSharp.dll are updated and that you don't have any other UPB4CSharp.dll in the HS3 folder.

thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Yes this version is supposed to fix the issue were the High channel device was updated incorrectly when you press physically the switch:

You should see some debug log messages like this one:
      "Ignoring device state report for fan controller"
      I am now seeing these messages with version 3.0.0.34.

Could you try to delete your channel devices and then reimport or restart the plug-in. Thanks.

could you try again with version 3.0.0.34
      I did this just as you asked.

I tried importing your upe file with version .33, and got the following error:
      ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Unable to create tailored device instance -- No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

It is now fixed in .34, but what is weird is that this error is not in your logs. Have you ever seen it?
      I don't believe that I have. For reference, I am using UpStart 8.0 Build 47 for my most recent Export files.

When you install make sure both HSPI_UPBSpud.exe and bin/UPBSpud/UPB4CSharp.dll are updated and that you don't have any other UPB4CSharp.dll in the HS3 folder.

thanks
      Both files updated. There was not an occurance of UPB4CSharp.dll in the HS3 Folder.

Neither activating the Links or using the Controller changes the Ceiling Fan LED Indicators in HS3 anymore. I can see the commands in the Log that look like they should be changing them but the status is now "Off" all of the time.

I did notice that I am no longer seeing this message that I am used to seeing after a level change in the log:

"DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Confirmed request to set device to level succeedded -- updating internal state".

Maybe you accidentally filtered the state change that was needed?

Here's the test logs with this version:

(1) Starting with the controller being on High speed, press the off button on the physical switch

May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08050200878608DC]
      May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Ignoring device state report for fan controller
      May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08040200878608DD]
      May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:09:31 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890502048720FFFFC7]
      May-09 7:09:30 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Level changing on channel 0 from 100 to 0
      May-09 7:09:30 PM UPBSpud DEBUG Device 135 transmitted link 4 with action Activate => Firing event 9686
      May-09 7:09:29 PM UPBSpud DEBUG LINK[4]:: Got Link ACTIVATE
      May-09 7:09:29 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890402048720FFFFC8]

(2) Starting with the controller being off, press the High button on the physical switch

May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08050200878601E3]
      May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Ignoring device state report for fan controller
      May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08040200878601E4]
      May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:10:07 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890502018720FFFFCA]
      May-09 7:10:06 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Level changing on channel 0 from 0 to 100
      May-09 7:10:06 PM UPBSpud DEBUG Device 135 transmitted link 1 with action Activate => Firing event 9335
      May-09 7:10:06 PM UPBSpud DEBUG Device 135 transmitted link 1 with action Activate => Firing event 8232
      May-09 7:10:05 PM UPBSpud DEBUG LINK[1]:: Got Link ACTIVATE
      May-09 7:10:05 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890402018720FFFFCB]

(3) Starting with the controller being on High speed, press the Low button on the physical switch

May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08050200878604E0]
      May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Ignoring device state report for fan controller
      May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU08040200878604E1]
      May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      May-09 7:10:41 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890502038720FFFFC8]
      May-09 7:10:40 PM UPBSpud DEBUG FAN_CONTROLLER_DEVICE[135]:: Level changing on channel 0 from 100 to 0
      May-09 7:10:40 PM UPBSpud DEBUG Device 135 transmitted link 3 with action Activate => Firing event 2737
      May-09 7:10:40 PM UPBSpud DEBUG LINK[3]:: Got Link ACTIVATE
      May-09 7:10:40 PM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU890402038720FFFFC9]

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

ok, I think we are almost there
        please test version 3.0.0.35 attached
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thanks you. You nailed it. I couldn't get it to fail even once. I even turned the HS Light Indicators on manually in all modes so they were all lit and it corrected the condition with the next UPB Activation of a Link for Speed or Off change. I changed HS Light Indicator devices to Status Only and it continues to work so this is perfect. I will still followup with any issues as well as with whatever work Simply Automated comes back at me with but this looks to be squashed.

Thanks a gain for your time and help with this. Top notch support as always.

-Travis

Comment

Cool, thanks for all the testing.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Everything is still good here, thanks! I just received an email from Simply Automated explaining the UPB message you have programmed the PI to ignore. I am not sure if you want to play with it to fully support the switch or not without the workaround but here is the information:

----------
              Good Day Travis,

Doing a little review of the Fan Controller (UCQF) state functions, I now see the state report is a value of 2 bytes that define the 16 various states of the 4 LEDs. Note, the first of the 2 bytes is not used (always 0).

When the state is reported by the unit, it transmits the basic/standard UPB status message, where the last byte (before the check sum) indicates which LEDs are lit.

For example if no LEDs are lit, the value is 0 (e.g. 00000000 binary, or 00 hex). If all the LEDs are lit, then the value is 15 (00001111, or 0F).

Therefore, the High, Medium, Low and Off values (per factory default) would be 1, 2, 4 and 8 (decimal), which is what UPStart tells us in Log View.

If the Fan Controller was configured to use the light-load output (4th LED), then all 16 values of the byte would cover all possible (including unusual/undesirable) states, as follows:

HEX: Fan and Light State
              00: fan off, light off
              01: fan high, light off
              02: fan medium, light off
              03: fan high and medium, light off
              04: fan low, light off
              05: fan high and low, light off
              06: fan medium and low, light off
              07: fan high, medium and low, light off
              08: fan off, light on
              09: fan high, light on
              0A: fan medium, light on
              0B: fan high and medium, light on
              0C: fan low, light on
              0D: fan high and low, light on
              0E: fan medium and low, light on
              0F: fan high, medium and low, light on

The unusual/undesirable states of the fan being on at multiple speeds (e.g. medium and low), results in the fan being on high as the capacitor network built into the unit for speed control would pass current roughly equal to high speed.

I hope this helps,

Millard Schewe

Simply Automated, Inc.
              ----------

What do you think? I'm ok with staying as is or testing if you want to go that route.

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post

What do you think? I'm ok with staying as is or testing if you want to go that route.
                I say we stay as is for now!

Comment

I say we stay as is for now!
                  Sounds good. At least you have the information should you need it in the future. It may be needed for other circumstances when the controller is setup differently in UpStart.

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                  X