Aeon Labs DSC11 Smart Power Strip Reads 0 Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs DSC11 Smart Power Strip Reads 0 Consumption

I just purchased the Aeotec by Aeon Labs DSC11 Smart Power Strip hoping to use it to read power from my Washer and Dryer to know when they stop so I could notify my wife and myself. I swear HomeSeer even sent emails showing that this power strip was perfect for this very thing. I plugged the power strip in and successfully paired it with HomeSeer. I can turn the outlets off and on but no matter what I do, the only readings it shows are 0. I ran the dryer for a full cycle and nothing. Plugged my phone in and nothing. Am I wrong that HomeSeer can read the watts and kiloWatts? Is this device even supported? Searches on the forum showed similar Aeon Labs power strips with success, but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

System Information:
    Current Date/Time: 7/29/2017 12:15:17 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 8 Minutes 10 Seconds
    IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Number of Devices: 161
    Number of Events: 99
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.24.19274: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.18: Ecobee
    3.0.0.37: EnvisaLink
    5.0.0.17: Global Cache
    3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
    1.0.17205.396: MyQ
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Looks like I figured out my own answer right after posting, of course lol. I went into the "No Status" "Aeon Labs Switch Binary" device properties and clicked on the Z-Wave tab. In there was a polling setting that was set to 0. I changed the polling time to 8 seconds to test and instantly things lit up. I'm getting readings from all devices that are plugged in. I'm still working out a good polling time and monitoring how accurate the readings are and how I can use them for my needs, but I think it should work.

Comment

I was under the impression that the energy reporting would update automatically with a certain amount of wattage change (+/-). Can anyone confirm this to be true on the latest strips?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comment

They do not require polling and I would strongly advise against it. It will add a lot of traffic and potential delays to your Z-Wave network.

There are parameters that can be set to determine the reporting. It can report periodically or on a current change of a configurable amount. Entering any value into parameter 255 will reset reporting to factory defaults. I have about 8 of these devices and none of them came configured the same as the next. Resetting them to factory defaults should get them reporting properly on current change of either 5% or 25-watts, whichever happens first. Attached is the manual, the parameters begin on page 9.
        Attached Files
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I was wondering about how this came out? Were you able to get the mentoring working well enough to let you know that the machine cycles were actually finished?
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
          X