Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know of any 8 ohm marine-grade ceiling speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know of any 8 ohm marine-grade ceiling speakers?

I'm looking for ceiling speakers for my patio/deck, but since I live on a saltwater canal I'm looking for something not just outdoor rated, but marine grade. Don't want to replace the speakers every couple of years. Any suggestions? They don't need to be super high quality, but something to provide background music outside.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Forgot to mention that I'm looking for 8 ohm speakers. Most marine speakers I've found are 4 ohm for installation in boats.
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Pyle has some outdoor rated marine grade that are waterproof and they are 8 ohm impedance.

Here is one I found. https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWRC81-W...iling+speakers
      Last edited by cowinger; March 26, 2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Fusion marine speakers going on year 7 on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
          Fusion marine speakers going on year 7 on the east coast.
          Do they have any 8 ohm impedance speakers? A quick look at their website only shows me 4 ohm.

Comment

Yea forgot about that, you could wire 2 in series to get your 8 ohms.
            Stuart

Comment

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I knew I'd find some here. I ordered a pair of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

They didn't get great reviews, but I'll give them a shot.

Comment

Working...
              X