Frustrated, no help, no guides...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated, no help, no guides...

So far Im really digging the Homeseer thing. Got my system setup, added some sensors, door lock, garage door opener (even tho it doesnt work, (go control), at least it reports status), a siren and have some switches and plugs on the way to cover my basic automation needs. Figured out some events, the system tells me if the door is open based on sensor status and speaks it ot the speaker client. Kids love it, wife thinks im nuts, and Im nerding out loving it lol.

Today I purchased imperihome and the adavanced SMTP plugin figuring I want some reliable email alerts taking advantage of the sale this week. Other than perhaps a smart thermostat plugin (which I dont own yet), I think Im good for plugins for what I want out of this and have the basics figured out by reading on the forum with some replies from you (thank you!), youtube vids and plain trial and error.

Enter BL securty. I trialed it. Have no idea how to use it, post in the forum, get crickets....I got out on a limb today and even purchase it (not being on sale either) and still no love. What gives? Im trying to figure it out as I got but am at a loss. Ive added zones, devices, even setup a user. I basically want to have 2 "buttons" I can present in imperihome for arm/disarm (with a count down timer) I then want to have the siren go off if any of my sensors are tripped while in armed mode.

I could have sworn there was a forum post on this, but cant find it. Can anyone help?

Im a little confussed that the author of this plugin wouldnt include a base FAQ, readme or instuctions (unless Im blind and cant find them) after shelling out 30 bucks, which I gladly did and will for the efforts but no direction on how to use makes me feel a little frustrated.

Originally posted by whoa_nelly View Post

So far Im really digging the Homeseer thing. Got my system setup, added some sensors, door lock, garage door opener (even tho it doesnt work, (go control), at least it reports status), a siren and have some switches and plugs on the way to cover my basic automation needs. Figured out some events, the system tells me if the door is open based on sensor status and speaks it ot the speaker client. Kids love it, wife thinks im nuts, and Im nerding out loving it lol.

Today I purchased imperihome and the adavanced SMTP plugin figuring I want some reliable email alerts taking advantage of the sale this week. Other than perhaps a smart thermostat plugin (which I dont own yet), I think Im good for plugins for what I want out of this and have the basics figured out by reading on the forum with some replies from you (thank you!), youtube vids and plain trial and error.

Enter BL securty. I trialed it. Have no idea how to use it, post in the forum, get crickets....I got out on a limb today and even purchase it (not being on sale either) and still no love. What gives? Im trying to figure it out as I got but am at a loss. Ive added zones, devices, even setup a user. I basically want to have 2 "buttons" I can present in imperihome for arm/disarm (with a count down timer) I then want to have the siren go off if any of my sensors are tripped while in armed mode.

I could have sworn there was a forum post on this, but cant find it. Can anyone help?

Im a little confussed that the author of this plugin wouldnt include a base FAQ, readme or instuctions (unless Im blind and cant find them) after shelling out 30 bucks, which I gladly did and will for the efforts but no direction on how to use makes me feel a little frustrated.
    There's sometimes a Help section for the plugin in the Homeseer help section. From the main page hit the Purple Question mark and look for your plugin.

Otherwise sometimes in the plugin setup there will be help or a link to it. There's also generally a lot of information in the plugin specific subforum.

Comment

don't forget to double check your display option settings when looking at forums/subforums. Make sure they show everything from the beginning.

You might also find some information by looking at the plug ins drop down menu under your homeseer web control. There is no set way for a faq/help section to be listed. Sometimes the plug in shows it on a config page.. you may have to poke around the screens a bit
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks all. Whats interesting is that the help section finally worked from the plugin, I know I clicked on it before and it would just open a new tab but took me back to the plugin page which was odd....read some stuff there, but gathered this is going to require some tinkering.

I managed to create a virtual device that points to 3 events that set the BL Security plugin to one of the modes (Arm/Sleep/Disarm). From within the plugin iteself I was able to create a 30 second timer before it "arms" and it annouces through the speaker client (arming system/system is armed after 30 seconds and system disarmed when its off). Ive made an event to trigger the siren if anything tripps in one of the 2 modes (havent tested it yet) to have it silence itself (turn off) after 10 minutes to not drive the pets insane. From within the plugin, it will send an email if anything is tripped too. As far as basic functionality, I think Ive got it.

Nice to haves Im struggling with:

In terms of alarm codes, since Im going to have a main wall tablet mounted (plus my cell phone), I can utilize impirhome to ask for a "pin" to simulate entering a code...all this does is allows access to arm/disarm sytem from the virtual button. I think I can live with this, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

In imperihome, Im stuggling with getting a decent icon other than a light bulb for arming/disarming activities . I was going to use a composite IN/OUT widget) which can utilize the vritual button, but I cant seem to figure out how to feed it the current status of the BL Security plugin. I tried creating a generic "sensor" in the imperihome plugin but it doesnt seem to work/show up in the app.

Im way further along than I was a few days ago and think Im pretty close to get it where I want it to be and have learned a whole lot too

Comment

Go back to the plug-in forum for BLSecurity. Blade has responded.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by whoa_nelly View Post
            In imperihome, Im stuggling with getting a decent icon other than a light bulb for arming/disarming activities . I was going to use a composite IN/OUT widget) which can utilize the vritual button, but I cant seem to figure out how to feed it the current status of the BL Security plugin. I tried creating a generic "sensor" in the imperihome plugin but it doesnt seem to work/show up in the app.
            Control over icons is definitely limited in IH. That isn't a limitation of the plug-in so much as IH itself. I don't believe IH has a widget for a security system, just for individual security sensors, but I could be wrong.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              Control over icons is definitely limited in IH. That isn't a limitation of the plug-in so much as IH itself. I don't believe IH has a widget for a security system, just for individual security sensors, but I could be wrong.
              Agree, seems a bit limited. Im ok with the composite icon which looks like a lock and changes from green to red. Just cant seem to feed it the right value its looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                IH can use Custom icons. Only three states but for most things it works fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X