New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

I have finished making changes to how data is retrieved from OS. There are probably some tweaks that need to be made to HS devices. But I think I have updated all the HS device status related issues.

Email me. I don't have an email address for you, other than your work address. And judging from the domain name, I'm sure an attachment would be blocked.

Comment

New version should show up in the updater soon. Spent a fair bit of time on this - almost re-wrote the entire thing. Have done 99% of what I wanted to but still struggling a bit with program options - I may work on this later. More info out soon.

On a side note, the new Firmware (210) is pretty good. I like the inbuilt weather control - does what the guys above wanted and its all inbuilt to the controller - I didn't even have to use Homeseer to do it!

Cheers.
      Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
        On a side note, the new Firmware (210) is pretty good. I like the inbuilt weather control - does what the guys above wanted and its all inbuilt to the controller - I didn't even have to use Homeseer to do it!
        Cheers.
        Matt.
        Glad to hear the plugin is alive and doing well Matt. A friend of mine just bought the Raspberry Pi hardware and is fixin to move toward installing your software.

I am not familiar with the Firmware you mention. Would you elaborate on the "inbuilt weather control" feature? I've been spending a ton of time to prefect the ET algorithms. I and others have it converted to vb.net from Python now. And are still researching and testing with it. It can still output a percentage or fixed amount or whatever your plugin requires.

Thanks!
        Frank

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
          I tried to do proper JSON, but can't get System.Web.Extensions to load in the project. I think it's because I'm using VB Express 2010 and not the full Visual Studio.

I'll see what I can do with regex.
          Did you determine that the problem was with using VB Express 2010?

Comment

No. And I haven't looked into it further.

Brady

Comment

Originally posted by frankc View Post
              I am not familiar with the Firmware you mention. Would you elaborate on the "inbuilt weather control" feature?

Thanks!
              Frank
              You need to upgrade firmware to version 2.10 to get this. They use the "zimmerman" method and say they will add ET at a later update.
              My new plugin which will come through the updater will only work with firmware 210. If you have the older firmware then download and use the .exe file on my first post.

https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/...er-adjustments

Comment

Is this zee friendly? I have OS already but have found most plugins can't be used with the zee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                  Is this zee friendly? I have OS already but have found most plugins can't be used with the zee.
                  I have no zee and therefore have no way of knowing - test it for me and let me know! I'm not sure what would need to be done for it to work an a zee but I'd be happy to make whatever modifications are needed if someone can clue me up to what that is?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                    You need to upgrade firmware to version 2.10 to get this. They use the "zimmerman" method and say they will add ET at a later update.
                    My new plugin which will come through the updater will only work with firmware 210. If you have the older firmware then download and use the .exe file on my first post.

https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/...er-adjustments

Interesting. I'll take a look at the Zimmerman method.

Comment

Just wondering on the ETA of the new plugin, I would like to update my firmware on the device, and also looking forward to a plugin but I have not seen it show up in the updater...

Many thanks!
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I've sent about 3 emails to updater@homeseer.com and even put in a help ticket but got zero response.

I'll attach it here. Instructions are:

If you've already installed it before:
                        Copy the images in the attached zip file into html/images/OpenSprinkler folder (and delete anything else that was in there before).
                        Overwrite the existing .ini file and reset your settings
                        Disable existing plugin, overwrite the .exe file and restart.
                        Go to config page to ensure settings are correct.

If you haven't installed it before (alternatively do the above):
                        Put the zip folder into Updates/ZIPS folder
                        Put updater_overwrite.txt into root homeseer folder.
                        Refresh the plugins/interfaces page and install OpenSprinkler through the normal plugin way.
                        Delete updater_overwrite.txt
                        I recommend setting your IP address in the ini file before starting but you don't have to.

If anything doesn't work properly, it will write an error in the homeseer log - let me know the error and i should be able to fix it pretty quickly. You should also be able to partially test the plugin before updating your firmware - i think all the status updating should work but most commands will fail.

Let me know how you go.
                        Cheers.
                        Matt.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think the key for the zee is that it must use vb.net?

Comment

Thanks for this, it is great
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

It's in the Updater now.

Looks good, however I did get the following errors on HS startup.
                              Code:
                              12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                              12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                              12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
                              12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~OpenSprinkler~!~Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised
                              12/4/2014 2:08:38 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler
                              But everything seems to function OK.

Comment

Hmmm interesting. You say it still works fine though even with those errors? It must have failed in the lines of code after building the devices and before the End Try statement.

I know you have expansions where as I only have a single board to test with. Would you be able to email me the text strings you receive with the jp, js, jc, jo, and jp get commands? I can take a look and clean it up.

I assume that you get the same messages if you hit the "rebuild devices" button or restart the plugin?

Also, is your rain sensor enabled?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X