Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denisl View Post
    Steve do you have the status icons available?
    The green heart or red exclamation point?

They are standard Homeseer status icons I reference so they should show up without having to install anything additional.
    Steve

Comment

Ok I may need to update HS3. After the second poll I got the green heart on one of the devices. All good. Thanks

Comment

Ok I may need to update HS3. After the second poll I got the green heart on one of the devices. All good. Thanks
        Both the windows and linux versions I tested the plugin on had the icons. I'm running 3.0.0.300 on windows. For linux I downloaded and set up a trial with, I think, the same revision as windows.

The actual icon file names are:
        /images/HomeSeer/status/alarm.png
        /images/HomeSeer/status/clockwise-start.png
        /images/HomeSeer/status/alarmheartbeat.png

Steve

Comment

Just installed on Linux. Waiting for devices to report in but installation was simple. Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful.
          Installed on my SEL about 7 hours ago but so far nothing is showing on it at all. Several of the battery devices have updated since the install. Not sure why it isn't creating any devices.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
            Installed on my SEL about 7 hours ago but so far nothing is showing on it at all. Several of the battery devices have updated since the install. Not sure why it isn't creating any devices.
            Make sure that the correct device type is selected in the device view window. I missed that at first.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
              Make sure that the correct device type is selected in the device view window. I missed that at first.
              Not sure what you mean by this. What am I looking for?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by this. What am I looking for?
                In the Device Management page, select the Device Type dropdown and click on "Check".
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Steve, I changed the wakeup interval of a device. Will the plugin automatically adapt to that, or do I need to delete the child device for it to reset?

Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Hi Steve, I changed the wakeup interval of a device. Will the plugin automatically adapt to that, or do I need to delete the child device for it to reset?

Thanks

Al

It will adapt to the change. If you have increased it by more than the overrun interval then you will get a missed wake up reported but once the next wake up occurs the status will change to ok.
                    Steve

Comment

On the 'Device Management' page look in the 'Device Type' dropdown. If any devices have been created then there should be 'SDJ-Health Child' and 'SDJ-Health Root' in the list. Make sure these are checked or, as Al says, click on the 'Check' at the top to select everything.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        In the Device Management page, select the Device Type dropdown and click on "Check".
                        If Check All is what you are referring to, that is already checked.

Comment

If Check All is what you are referring to, that is already checked.
                          Is there an entry for 'SDJ-Health Root' in the 'Device Type' dropdown?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                            Is there an entry for 'SDJ-Health Root' in the 'Device Type' dropdown?
                            Yes. That is checked. I see the Waiting line in the devices, but nothing else.

Comment

Yes. That is checked. I see the Waiting line in the devices, but nothing else.
                              Sorry, I thought you said it hadn't created any devices.

The 1st time a device wakes the plugin creates a child device and the status will show as 'Waiting' because it doesn't know how long the sleep period is. The second time it wakes the sleep period will show and the child status will change to 'OK'.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                                Sorry, I thought you said it hadn't created any devices.

The 1st time a device wakes the plugin creates a child device and the status will show as 'Waiting' because it doesn't know how long the sleep period is. The second time it wakes the sleep period will show and the child status will change to 'OK'.

Steve
                                There is only one line - for the root device - that shows Waiting. No child devices representing battery devices have been created, and many of the battery sensors have woken up and updated in the last 8 hours.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X