Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you use the HSTouch Shuffle action, the plug-in will also send the request to the player.

Comment

btw, it seems that if you do the "hs.speak" action, even though you have nothing playing (but you do have a full playlist) that once its done speaking it will try and play it (i believe it is even very short, but you will notice)

bad part about this is, when i listen to spotify on my iphone at work, when somebody rings the doorbell at home my music stops here.. (because spotify was in the playlist at home, you can only stream 1 client at a time)

Comment

Have you tried setting the player's speak volume device to 0? If set to 0 it should not speak it on that player. Another option if you don't use the speak via the SB plug-in is to disable it. Is this player typically turned OFF when it tries to speak or ON and paused? I will try to reproduce it.

Comment

Well the player is suppose to speak. It does speak correctly when the music is playing for instance, it stops the music then speaks, then start what was playing again.

When there is no music playing but there is still a playlist present it will speak (so yes, turned on and paused) then for a short duration (talking here in less then a second maybe) i can hear the speakers pop a sound. When using spotify that second is enough to trigger spotify to cancel streaming on wherever i am

In the other thread i referred to http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3768 which had a script which does something similar, but this one starrt playing the old playlist after a "speak" or "wav" file, which is a bad thing. It does however use a "silent" wav file for knowing when the sound is done. Perhaps he had the same issue.

Just thinking out loud here, you know more then me

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
            I have to look into it if I can always get the sync states... would an API call returning a status be fine as I am not sure were I could show it otherwise in the current HS2 devices?
            PCP, any chance this is in the works?

Comment

No didn't have a change to look into it yet.

Comment

Can I have a little tiny bit more information about the way TTS and wavein work?

Do you have to be running a speaker client on a windows box to use the wavein?

My sqeezeserver is running on a linux box, (vortexbox 1.5)

TTS seems to work, so I'm guessing what it does is use a speech proxy to intercept it, then play it on the sqeezeboxes and then return the players to whatever state they were in right after?

I'm trying to figure out why wave in would be better, and how to make it work with a linux box as my sqeeezeserver
                Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

The TTS option uses the TTS Windows APIs to convert the text to a sound saving it to a file on the HS2 server and then streaming it to the SB server/players via the HTTP server embedded in HS2.

The wavein option redirects the audio on the SB server to the player(s). It samples any audio (again from a sound card on the SB server) to players not just a HS2 speaker client playing on the SB server to that this audio stream. For wavein to work, you need a HS2 speaker client to run on the computer where you run wavein to sample to audio output and redirect it to SB players. In your case and since I believe there is no HS2 speaker client for Linux, the TTS is your option (except of course if you run the hs2 speaker client on a windows and connect the audio out to the audio in of the sound card on the Linux SB server).

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, that will save me a little bit of hair pulling.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                      No didn't have a change to look into it yet.
                      I think the CLI supports this..
                      PHP Code:
                      syncgroups ?

The "syncgroups" query returns a comma separated list of sync groups members (IDs and names).

Examples:

Request"syncgroups ?<LF>"

Response"syncgroups sync_members:04:20:00:12:23:45,04:20:00:12:34:56 sync_member_names:Living%20Room,Kitchen<LF>" 
                      maybe you could give us a command that's similar to PlayerSendCLICommand

instead it would be something like this.

PHP Code:
                      Public Function PlayerQueryCLICommand(ByVal playerName As StringByVal
                      command 
                      As Stringtimeout as integer) As String 
                      or whatever... That would take the load off of you for adding in commands that might not even be supported yet. Allowing us to do what we want with the data that comes back.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Yes I looked at this one; the issue was more how to get reliably notified all the time that groups changed and how to add a representation to HS2 devices (without adding a new one). Good idea about exposing API(s) to query the server and get replies. I can add such APIs to the next update.

Comment

New to Squeezebox so bare with me. What is the cheapest solution to get for Pandora support for hardware and what software needs to be installed also on Homeseer server. Also will this plugin have two way communications with Squeezebox and get the current playing Artist, track ect?
                          John

Comment

I updated the Beta version (2.0.0.11) in the first dialog that includes two APIs to query the SqueezeBox Server (for a specific player or the server). It returns the reply send by the server and can for example be used to query the syncgroups. See below

Code:
                            str = hspi.PlayerQueryCLICommand("SqueezeboxTV", "sleep ?")
                            hs.WriteLog("SB Music", "Player CLI Command: " & str)

str = hspi.ServerQueryCLICommand("syncgroups ?")
                            hs.WriteLog("SB Music", "Server CLI Command: " & str)
                            Please try it out. I plan to release this version of the beta version as the release version which will make it available via the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilson56 View Post
                              New to Squeezebox so bare with me. What is the cheapest solution to get for Pandora support for hardware and what software needs to be installed also on Homeseer server. Also will this plugin have two way communications with Squeezebox and get the current playing Artist, track ect?
                              yes it is a two way communication. You view/select/control the music, control hs2 from the players menu or trigger using the player's IR remote, display screensaver screens on some players based on HS2 devices. Check the documentation (pdf) included in the plugin (in html\SqueezeBox once installed and can be accessed from hs2 help's resource) to get more details.

Comment

Settings on Server plug-in?

I just installed .12 of v2 beta. Went very smoothly and the integration w HSTouch looks to be excellent. Fantastic job!

One detail seems to be missing. I do not see how to update the IP address of HS in the SB Server plug-in. There is no link to Settings next to the plug-in entry. Is that deliberate, an oversight, or am I just missing something obvious?
                                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                                X