devices not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

devices not updating

I'm having a problem with my device manager updating. I tried restoring a backup but no good. I'm using HS3 on ZEE S2 3.0.0.297.
    I also lost the node on a light switch. It works from the Device Manger but shows unknown. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it won't work either way. Is ther a way to manually add the node number?
    Last edited by scg; January 1, 2017, 04:28 PM.

Same Problem

Current Date/Time: 1/5/2017 6:11:14 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 18 Days 4 Hours 3 Minutes 42 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.112
    Number of Devices: 117
    Number of Events: 70
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.79: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.95: Z-Wave

Noticed this (device updates) but haven't worried, thought about adding a script to poll updates. Not a critical problem here, but you are not alone.

Comment

no update

I tried polling from the homeseer web control...No good.
      Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling (removing and re-including)the switch using the Z tool+app. The app can not find the device to uninstall so I tried to include and Z too still can find the switch. I used Audit this node and replaced the missing node with a new number. The test connectivity and optimize now works but still will not update on the web control. I will try to remove it again tomorrow now that it accepted a node number.

Comment

different oroblem

office light shows dim level but light is off. If I poll device from menu, it polls and updates to correct off state.

Comment

Issue - Zwave All Off

My issue is command Zwave All Off. Lights go out but device status not updated. Reset polling to 59 minutes, will see if device status is updated. If I manually poll from menu, devices will update.

Comment

Well I did not get a chance to try the re-include. It just started working. Web control is now updating the device that was bad and not updating. Maybe adding the new node number worked, Maybe the polling, not sure.
            Art

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              My issue is command Zwave All Off. Lights go out but device status not updated. Reset polling to 59 minutes, will see if device status is updated. If I manually poll from menu, devices will update.
              With the Z-Wave All Off/All On commands, the devices do not acknowledge back to the controller that they have changed state, so HS has no confirmation that it is done and therefore does not update. You may be better off using events that turns each device on/off individually.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
                Well I did not get a chance to try the re-include. It just started working. Web control is now updating the device that was bad and not updating. Maybe adding the new node number worked, Maybe the polling, not sure.
                Art
                Might be both. You may just have needed to optimize the node to make sure it could communicate back to HS through the z-wave mesh. By removing it and re-adding it, it could have resolved that.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Well it started again. Nothing is updating. No device updates. Devices show on when they are off. If I poll devices on the main page of web control all devices update. I tried to test the new washer event (watts =3 Speak) but the status stayed on 0 watts. Any thing I'm doing wrong? I have the devices set at different times in polling and have z health checked.

Also is there a way to change the name font colors on the web control page.
                  A different color for each type of device?

Comment

Originally posted by scg View Post
                    Well it started again. Nothing is updating. No device updates. Devices show on when they are off. If I poll devices on the main page of web control all devices update. I tried to test the new washer event (watts =3 Speak) but the status stayed on 0 watts. Any thing I'm doing wrong? I have the devices set at different times in polling and have z health checked.

Also is there a way to change the name font colors on the web control page.
                    A different color for each type of device?
                    I would not run z-health on an ongoing basis. Run a full optimize on each device that is not properly updating. Besides the energy meter, what other types of devices do you have? Do they support instant status? How often are you polling them? Under the z-wave tab of the root device for each physical device, what happens when you click on "Test Connectivity"? If you run the full-optimize from there, does it optimize properly with no errors in the log?

Re. the last question, I don't think that's possible, so you'd have to build a custom page to do that. jon00 has a great web page builder tool.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

I ran Test Connectivity, optimize and full-optimize on three devices that did not update. Kitchen Light (wall switch) Washer Watts and Washer Module
                      All three acts were successful. Polling is set at 3- 5 seconds except for washer module on off which is set for 20 minutes.

Comment

Most Z-Wave devices are not instant status. This means that when you change a switch locally, the switch does not inform the Z-Wave controller.

Polling means that the controller asks the device what it's status is.

It is recommended not to poll often, as the amount of network traffic on the network can make the network unstable. I've gotten away with polling every 90 seconds for a few key devices.

I'm afraid that polling even a small number of devices every 2-3-4 seconds could cause instability.

Your best option is to upgrade to switches that support instant status. I prefer the HomeSeer ones. GE switches support pseudo instant status -- they essentially are instant status so longer as they communicate directly with the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                          Most Z-Wave devices are not instant status. This means that when you change a switch locally, the switch does not inform the Z-Wave controller.

Polling means that the controller asks the device what it's status is.

It is recommended not to poll often, as the amount of network traffic on the network can make the network unstable. I've gotten away with polling every 90 seconds for a few key devices.

I'm afraid that polling even a small number of devices every 2-3-4 seconds could cause instability.

Your best option is to upgrade to switches that support instant status. I prefer the HomeSeer ones. GE switches support pseudo instant status -- they essentially are instant status so longer as they communicate directly with the controller.
                          I removed the BLMapper plugin and all seems to be updating now.

Comment

Working...
                          X