No announcement yet.

Pentair Easytouch interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still very interested in a Pentair & HS interface. Have my pump picked out but don't want to install until HS can control.

Can u shed some light on if these are scripts or a plugin or just how you are controlling the pentair equipment.

Are you going to make this available as a HS plugin? (I hope so!)

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Pentair Intellitouch / Intelliflo module for HS3 / linux

Another bump for this. Also, with HS3 now running on Linux, and with most pentair systems in remote locations (usually next to pool equipment) the best way to implement this would be with either a serial-to-ethernet or serial-to-wifi interface to the pool controller, as this would allow the windows and linux implentations to just use IP.

I'm happy to test on HS3 linux when you get ready. Given the prrice of pool equipment (and the market being people with pools), and the value in terms of power savings, this module could easily fetch $100 or more if implemented well.

Let me know if you need some assistance testing on HS3 linux.

Comment

+1 for this - I also have a Pentair Easy Touch system and would be interested in interfacing it to Homeseer. Also, willing to test, etc.

Mike

Comment

Has anyone made any progress on this? I just had a pool installed with an EasyTouch controller and am trying to figure out how to integrate it.

Comment

I have my EasyTouch controller interfaced through a NetDuino+ and RS485Shield to my pool.

You are able to turn on/off any of the 16 circuits and also read status of all circuits + temps.

The NetDuino controller has a jquery interface for HS2/3 to communicate with and a HTML interface for iPhone, etc. control.

Jason

Comment

This sounds exactly like what I want - read the temps, turn the lights/pumps on, etc. Can you provide details as to how to set this up? I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Pentair Easytouch interface

I would be willing to sell a complete setup of the hardware and required firmware for $250.

Please contact me if you have interest in this.

Thanks,
                Jason Rhubottom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I would be interested but want a little more info info on the functionality to justify the price. I know the hardware can be bought for around $70, but your time in development is definitely valuable as well.

If you want, email me the further info and we can take this offline. Here are my must haves on this: control spa, water feature, and pump speed; set temp of spa and pool; read the pool and spa temps; turn lights on and off (mine are actually setup as Aux circuits). The 'nice to haves' would include reading the IntelliChlor info. My desire is to be able to control each one individually, and then use HS to setup custom settings/scenes. I would also want the current control system to continue to work, as it has it's own wireless device that is handy as well.

I use the HS Touch for my interface on my phone, so I would look to be able to have all of these items as devices in HS so that I can populate the GUI appropriately.

Any further info you can provide, without sharing your secrets, I would appreciate.

Comment

Were interested in this as well and maybe its best to discuss in open forum to prevent redundant questions.

My questions are not such much hardware but within HS. Does your setup include HS Devices, Event Triggers, and/or Event Actions?

Today I lack ability to script, is scripting required to run or modify this setup?

Does support come with this purchase?

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
                    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Hardware costs are somewhere around $100 for controller, case, and RS485 shield.

The Pentair 520442 which provides a serial stream can be had for around $500.

The interface that exists today is as follows:

http://pool/on/X - turn circuit X on
                      http://pool/off/X - turn circuit X off
                      http://pool/on/X/M - turn circuit X on for M minutes
                      http://pool/getstatus - returns a jqeury encoded structure with all circuit status and temperature readings

http://pool -Returns a web page with current status and allows for turning on/off circuits

If I was to make this available I would need to add additional features/support/etc. that I currently don't have any needs for as for a home brew solution it currently does everything I need and I can totally control my pool from HSTouch and my iPad.

Jason

Comment

Are you running HS2 or HS3? I use a script on HS2 - very simple to call web sites. I plan on making a plugin for HS3 when I upgrade to HS3.

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                        Were interested in this as well and maybe its best to discuss in open forum to prevent redundant questions.

My questions are not such much hardware but within HS. Does your setup include HS Devices, Event Triggers, and/or Event Actions?

Today I lack ability to script, is scripting required to run or modify this setup?

Does support come with this purchase?

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

I would definitely be interested in this, however I'm on HS3. Let me know how we proceed.

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
                          Hardware costs are somewhere around $100 for controller, case, and RS485 shield.

The Pentair 520442 which provides a serial stream can be had for around $500.

The interface that exists today is as follows:

http://pool/on/X - turn circuit X on
                          http://pool/off/X - turn circuit X off
                          http://pool/on/X/M - turn circuit X on for M minutes
                          http://pool/getstatus - returns a jqeury encoded structure with all circuit status and temperature readings

http://pool -Returns a web page with current status and allows for turning on/off circuits

If I was to make this available I would need to add additional features/support/etc. that I currently don't have any needs for as for a home brew solution it currently does everything I need and I can totally control my pool from HSTouch and my iPad.

Jason

Comment

Jason, I"m still interested in this for HS3. Have you been able to update it yet?

Comment

Reading easytouch data

So far I can read data from the easytouch.
                              My sincere apologies for all bad codding habits.
                              Here is my testing VB script. I am launching it from an event.

'file name readSunControlTest01.txt
                              sub main()
                              Dim OpenErr
                              Dim LogString
                              Dim datastring
                              LogString = "Read SunControl "
                              hs.WriteLog "INFO", LogString & " Start reading"
                              OpenErr = hs.OpenComPort(6,"9600,N,8,1",0,"readSunControlTest01.txt"," HandlePortData")
                              If OpenErr <> "" Then
                              hs.WriteLog "ERROR", LogString & " Line 1 OpenComPort Returned " & OpenErr
                              Else
                              hs.WriteLog "INFO", LogString & " data READING Started On COM6"
                              hs.CreateVar "Partial_String"
                              hs.SaveVar "Partial_String",""
                              End If
                              End sub
                              '------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sub HandlePortData(NCIDString)
                              '+++++ Callback function when info is available on com6
                              Dim datastr
                              Dim varpart
                              Do While hs.GetComPortCount(6) > 0
                              datastr = datastr & hs.GetComPortData(6)
                              Loop
                              'hs.writelog "INFO", "datastr = " & datastr
                              varpart = hs.getvar("Partial_String")& datastr
                              hs.savevar "Partial_String",varpart
                              'hs.writelog "var", varpart
                              'writeHexLog varpart
                              If Len(varpart) > 46 Then
                              hs.CloseComPort(6)
                              hs.writelog "END", "bigger than 46"
                              hs.writelog "HEX", varpart
                              'convert to HEX
                              For i = 1 To Len(varpart)
                              valpartHEX = Hex(Asc(Mid(varpart, I, 1)))
                              'hs.writelog "FOR", valpartHEX
                              strHEX = strHEX & " " & valpartHEX
                              Next
                              hs.writelog "strHEX", strHEX
                              'hs.writelog "if",Left(strhex,24)
                              'If Left(strhex,23) = " FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF" Then
                              hs.writelog "Air Temp",Asc(Mid(varpart, 31, 1))
                              'msgbox "Air Temp",Asc(Mid(varpart, 31, 1))
                              hs.SetDeviceValue "PoolTemp",Asc(Mid(varpart, 31, 1))
                              'hs.SetDeviceStatus "PoolTemp",Asc(Mid(varpart, 31, 1))
                              'hs.writelog "PoolTemp", hs.devicevalue("11.05.8F:1")

hs.writelog "Hour",Asc(Mid(varpart, 17, 1)) & ":" & Asc(Mid(varpart, 18, 1))
                              hs.writelog "CFI",Asc(Mid(varpart, 19, 1))
                              'End If
                              'BINARY CONVERSION OF BYTE 19 (CFI)
                              maxpower = 8
                              i2=0
                              CFI = Asc(Mid(varpart, 19, 1))
                              bin = "0"
                              For i2 = maxpower To 0 Step -1
                              If CFI And (2 ^ i2) Then ' Use the logical "AND" operator.
                              bin = bin + "1"
                              Else
                              bin = bin + "0"
                              End If
                              Next
                              hs.writelog "BIN", bin
                              hs.CloseComPort(6)
                              hs.WriteLog "INFO", "Stop: COM6 Port Closed"
                              Exit Sub
                              End If
                              End Sub

Things to consider

Comment

I will be releasing a plugin the HS3 in the next 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                                X