given key error on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

given key error on startup

I am new to this plugin so I decided to start with the beta. I had understood that the beta treats the lights in a different way and my thought was that doing it this way I would not have to go through a migration.

When my homeseer starts up I see this on the console:

6/13/2016 9:20:28 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error: (DisplayObjectInfo)isplayObjectInfo error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

and the log has this:

Jun-13 09:20:28 JowiHue Error: (DisplayObjectInfo)isplayObjectInfo error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Jun-13 09:20:24 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue

Jun-13 09:20:23 JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done

Jun-13 09:20:23 JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 1.1.0.5

beta 1.1.0.5

I'm not sure if this is licensing or something else (I did license it). Is this something that I can fix?

thanks,

Chris,

Welcome on this board

This error should have nothing to do with licensing, no worries there.
    The error you see should not occur, but also should not cause an issue.

On what environment are you running the plugin? Windows or Linux?

Did you already try to register the Hue bridge? If you did, did it go correct and did the error come back after a restart?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I registered the bridge and all the devices were created. Then I noticed that I had a bulb with the same name as a room so I redid everything. I deleted all of the devices for Hue and re-registered the hub. I wonder if I have messed it up in some way by not starting over correctly. My bulbs are all now in Events so I can't easily remove them again.

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH View Post
        I registered the bridge and all the devices were created. Then I noticed that I had a bulb with the same name as a room so I redid everything. I deleted all of the devices for Hue and re-registered the hub. I wonder if I have messed it up in some way by not starting over correctly. My bulbs are all now in Events so I can't easily remove them again.

thank you!
        Chris,

Did you stop the plugin before deleting devices? You could have just renamed the bulb by renaming the device, the plugin will handle the rename with the bridge by itself.
        I am afraid one or more device was left behind, what might cause the error?

Maybe it is an option to enable deep trace in the configuration page as wel as "save to file". This will create a log in the logs subdirectory of your hs installation location. Once you have set this option, stop the plugin and start it again. Check if you see the same error in the log. If it does, disable deep logging and save to file in the configuration page again.
        Then send the log file that has been created to my mail addres w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
        Last edited by w.vuyk; June 20, 2016, 05:40 AM. Reason: correct email address
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim, did you receive the email I sent you? thanks,

Comment

Crhis,

I did not receive your email, I made a typo! the dot com should have been dot nl... I have send the correct email address with a PM, so we can be sure it will not go wrong when you retry

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X