This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

It's installed. I will let you know if the issue with the motions is resolved.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Looks like there may be some additional issues. I was noticing this before but wanted to make sure before I posted.

When the heartbeats are coming in, they always show the battery as FULL when they are on battery. Oddly enough, the one on USB power always reports as GOOD.

See images: You will note that despite the battery report showing FULL, the actual battery level device shows that it was last updated in June. And it also shows, good. That is probably a more accurate battery level. Might even be low at this point as it's heartbeat is set to 1 hour or there abouts.
      Attached Files

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        Looks like there may be some additional issues. I was noticing this before but wanted to make sure before I posted.

When the heartbeats are coming in, they always show the battery as FULL when they are on battery. Oddly enough, the one on USB power always reports as GOOD.

See images: You will note that despite the battery report showing FULL, the actual battery level device shows that it was last updated in June. And it also shows, good. That is probably a more accurate battery level. Might even be low at this point as it's heartbeat is set to 1 hour or there abouts.
        HS only updates the date if the status actually changes. I think there is a device option to get the date to change regardless of the updated status.

I think the plugin is reporting the status as best it can based on the heartbeat msg.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

But if the last heartbeat is reporting full, shouldn't the device have updated back from Good to FULL? That's the part I'm concerned about.

If it is just that the battery level function in these new motions is flawed to the point of uselessness then I'll just ignore and remove rules based on battery level for these devices.

Comment

But if the last heartbeat is reporting full, shouldn't the device have updated back from Good to FULL? That's the part I'm concerned about.

If it is just that the battery level function in these new motions is flawed to the point of uselessness then I'll just ignore and remove rules based on battery level for these devices.
            can you post a few detailed log entries of the heartbeat msgs.

I also need to know the fw ver of the MS in question
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yep, I'll get that info to you.

Sorry to say that my Motion issue still exists.

Sep-06 10:58:54 AM Insteon Device Living Room Motion II (41.5D.24) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=83.9, Light=87
              Sep-06 10:55:56 AM Insteon Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=86.3, Light=248
              Sep-06 10:49:04 AM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
              Sep-06 10:49:04 AM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\config\Insteon Error Report.Log
              Sep-06 10:49:04 AM Insteon ***:Error in ProcessRawReceive: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at Insteon.Support.Devices.MotionSensorIIClass.ProcessGroupBroa dcast(TransmitMsgType Msg, Boolean RemoteMsg) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProcessRawReceive(Object iCmdStr)
              Sep-06 10:48:03 AM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
              Sep-06 10:48:03 AM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\config\Insteon Error Report.Log
              Sep-06 10:48:03 AM Insteon ***:Error in ProcessRawReceive: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at Insteon.Support.Devices.MotionSensorIIClass.ProcessGroupBroa dcast(TransmitMsgType Msg, Boolean RemoteMsg) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProcessRawReceive(Object iCmdStr)
              Sep-06 10:45:00 AM FitbitSeer Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
              2 of my 6 Motion II's are reporting in. One is USB powered an has always reported in. The other is the one on my front porch. The 4 others I have (Kitchen and Master Bedroom, Master Closet and Storage Rm.) I believe are the source of the issue. They all report motion just fine.

I've turned on detailed logging. As soon as I get some good log data I will post an update.

Tony

Comment

wanted to add this:
                Attached Files

Comment

OK so here is the error with detailed logging turned on:

Sep-06 11:23:03 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):41 5F 03 E6 0D 0B CF 0C 98 Debouncing repeat.
                  Sep-06 11:23:03 AM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
                  Sep-06 11:23:03 AM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                  Sep-06 11:23:03 AM Insteon ***:Error in ProcessRawReceive: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at Insteon.Support.Devices.MotionSensorIIClass.ProcessGroupBroa dcast(TransmitMsgType Msg, Boolean RemoteMsg) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProcessRawReceive(Object iCmdStr)
                  Sep-06 11:23:03 AM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):41 5F 03 E6 0D 0B CF 0C 98
                  Sep-06 11:22:47 AM Insteon Saved ini file
                  Also attached the error log.

Hope that helps,

Tony
                  Attached Files

Comment

ah, this is a different error than what I saw previously. I'll research it.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

please give this a try
                      stop the plugin, and copy only the .exe and insteon.dll to your hs root folder, then restart plugin.

hs won't notice the new version, but it should be displayed on the plugin config page
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

In works.... I will report back.

Comment

This is an unrelated error that is most likely more to do with your updated ini settings. But I wanted to give you the heads up. Still waiting for my motions to report in. Should know more shortly.

Code:
                          Sep-06 2:15:03 PM	 	Error	Exception saving grammar data to file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HomeControl-1#shield.hs : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HomeControl-1#shield.hs' because it is being used by another process.

Comment

This is an unrelated error that is most likely more to do with your updated ini settings. But I wanted to give you the heads up. Still waiting for my motions to report in. Should know more shortly.

Code:
                            Sep-06 2:15:03 PM	 	Error	Exception saving grammar data to file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HomeControl-1#shield.hs : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HomeControl-1#shield.hs' because it is being used by another process.
                            this isn't related to my plugin. I only deal with the insteon.ini file.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK... I've never seen that error before. I just assumed it had to do with the experimental build. Looks like something made HS3 mad. Anyways I've gotten good heartbeats from all devices since this last build so I think you have it licked. I am also now getting correct battery levels.

Code:
                              Sep-06 2:41:03 PM	 	Insteon	Device Kitchen Motion II (41.5F.03) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=88.4, Light=8
                              Sep-06 2:38:41 PM	 	Insteon	Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=89.9, Light=236
                              Sep-06 2:30:00 PM	 	FitbitSeer	Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
                              Sep-06 2:29:53 PM	 	Insteon	Device Master Bedroom Motion-II (41.5F.46) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=90.6, Light=156
                              Sep-06 2:25:36 PM	 	Insteon	Device Living Room Motion II (41.5D.24) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=88.2, Light=63
                              Sep-06 2:16:25 PM	 	Insteon	Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=92, Light=246
                              Thank you for looking at this so quickly for me.

Regards,
                              Tony

Comment

OK... I've never seen that error before. I just assumed it had to do with the experimental build. Looks like something made HS3 mad. Anyways I've gotten good heartbeats from all devices since this last build so I think you have it licked. I am also now getting correct battery levels.

Code:
                                Sep-06 2:41:03 PM	 	Insteon	Device Kitchen Motion II (41.5F.03) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=88.4, Light=8
                                Sep-06 2:38:41 PM	 	Insteon	Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=89.9, Light=236
                                Sep-06 2:30:00 PM	 	FitbitSeer	Timer elapsed. Updating Fitbit-data.
                                Sep-06 2:29:53 PM	 	Insteon	Device Master Bedroom Motion-II (41.5F.46) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=90.6, Light=156
                                Sep-06 2:25:36 PM	 	Insteon	Device Living Room Motion II (41.5D.24) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=88.2, Light=63
                                Sep-06 2:16:25 PM	 	Insteon	Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Good, Temp=92, Light=246
                                Thank you for looking at this so quickly for me.

Regards,
                                Tony
                                You're welcome. Thanks for testing and reporting back.

I'll put this version in the beta updater later
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X