No announcement yet.

Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are getting an error when connecting to HomeSeer (Cannot access HomeSeer...), copy the Z-Seer.exe file from its install folder to your HS folder. Run it from there and it should then work. If you are Linux, you will have to wait for another solution.

The problem is that you have loaded a plugin where the plugin author has saved plugin specific data into a device and Z-Seer does not know how to handle the device when it searches for Z-Wave devices. We are working on a fix for this. We are trying to determine which plugin it is as plugins are not suppose to be doing this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
      Tried running Z-Seer+ on the HomeSeer server computer and it works. Looked at the Z-Seer folder for an ini file to see where the application stores it's pointer to the HomeSeer application, but there isn't anything like that.

Where does Z-Seer get the information to find the HomeSeer server?
      Within Z-Seer, select Edit->Connection

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I can't get Z-Seer to come up. It loads, stops polling as seen from HomeSeer log, and then minimizes.

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        Within Z-Seer, select Edit->Connection
        Don

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I can't get Z-Seer to come up. It loads, stops polling as seen from HomeSeer log, and then minimizes.
          What about .NET? This says 4.52 or later required.

Comment

NET is up to date

It worked when I first loaded it, but not now. Nothing changed that I'm aware of. Tried to uninstall and then reinstall. Still won't work.

What about .NET? This says 4.52 or later required.
            Don

Comment

NET is up to date

It worked when I first loaded it, but not now. Nothing changed that I'm aware of. Tried to uninstall and then reinstall. Still won't work.
              Found this - contains one XMLfile. Maybe try blowing it away?
              Attached Files

Comment

Fixed the Son of ..... !!

Turns out that I had a copy of HS3 on the machine running Z-Seer and somehow Z-Seer latched on to that, even though it wasn't running.

How in the would did you find that file?

Thanks for all the help.

Found this - contains one XMLfile. Maybe try blowing it away?
                Don

Comment

Fixed the Son of ..... !!

Turns out that I had a copy of HS3 on the machine running Z-Seer and somehow Z-Seer latched on to that, even though it wasn't running.

How in the would did you find that file?

Thanks for all the help.
                  Great! I just looked in the Appdata subfolders for folders with HomeSeer in the name.

Comment

So I'm having issues running this or I'm doing it wrong.

After opening the program I'm getting a bunch of errors of could not contact a node, then the next node and so on, then only devices from one of my Z-nets show up. The Other Z-net and Smartstick+ don't even show on the icons. The ones that do show up all from that one z-net all can't communicate (even though all work fine in hs3).

Comment

I think this version can't deal with more than one controller.
                      Don

Comment

I think this version can't deal with more than one controller.
                        Well that could explain things and prove this a waste of money (I dont have pro)

Comment

Hopefully, the next version will have the ability to see multiple controllers.
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            Well that could explain things and prove this a waste of money (I dont have pro)
                            Confirmed. Wasn't that thrilled to find out that I spent money on something that doesn't work for my system (4 Z-Nets) but hopefully they will get this straightened out soon.

Comment

Routes not displaying

Still no routes displaying (rebooted HS system).

"Last Working Route" field shows up on the node info page.

HomeSeer Z-Wave BETA 3.0.1.126
                              Z-WaveStick GEN5 Version: 3.95 (ZDK 6,51.2)

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                                Confirmed. Wasn't that thrilled to find out that I spent money on something that doesn't work for my system (4 Z-Nets) but hopefully they will get this straightened out soon.
                                Did I miss where it told us that? Or did they just take my money quietly?

Comment

Working...
                                X