Elk C1M1 comparability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk C1M1 comparability

The plug-in documentation discusses compatibility and setup for the M1XEP. I have a C1M1. Does this plug-in work with the C1M1?
    Last edited by ; August 12, 2017, 04:03 PM.

Yes, I believe it should but I cannot confirm because I don't own one. You can try my plug-in for 30 days to make sure it works before purchase.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Yes, I believe it should but I cannot confirm because I don't own one. You can try my plug-in for 30 days to make sure it works before purchase.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Has anyone been able to confirm that the C1M1 works with this plugin? Very interested in getting this to replace my XEP.

Comment

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

One more thing. I have been using the C1M1 with HomeSeer, Allonis, and my own code since last March. Not saying that I am the defacto expert, but just wanting to share that it does work with the exception of a few "C1M1 stops responding" issues that I am working with Elk Tech Support. My hunch is that you will likely experience the same issue if you buy one. But I am certainly not 100% sure. To date, the resolution of this issue is with the C1M1 hardware and it appears that Ultra will not have to change any code. The XEP is bullet proof. If you have a XEP and, with how we use the ELK/HomeSeer integration, you may want to hold off on the C1M1 for the moment.

One other issue with the C1M1 that I have encountered is with the cell modem signal reception. In my case it is in an area where cell signal is very challenged (by a significant duct work area) and my previous cell communicator never had signal drops which I am experiencing with the C1M1. Mine is GSM, previous was probably CDMA. Getting a TMO cell spot to see if it will improve signal and eliminate the intermittent signal drop issue. I wish the C1M1 would log errors with the cell signal so that I can review the frequency of dropped signal. Their ELK external antenna does not seem eliminate the issue as well. Bottom line is that there is just too much metal in the area where I have my C1M1 and maybe the GSM signal is not strong enough....

I am very impressed with ELK Support of their products as I have presented them with a few very unique set of issues which they have always been open to exploring a solution for.
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
          X