What's the meaning of HS-WS100+ central scene values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the meaning of HS-WS100+ central scene values

I have a light switch that controls both my front door lights and outside garage lights. These lights have exhibited an odd behavior which if I toggle power once the garage lights come on, and if I do it twice then the garage and front door lights come on. I was just looking through my logs and saw the following
    Sep-04 10:13:32 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Front Entry Entry Chandelier and Hall Set to 0
    Sep-04 10:13:30 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Outside Front door and over garage lights Set to 255
    Sep-04 10:13:30 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Outside Front Door and Over Garage Central Scene Set to 1000
    Sep-04 10:13:30 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Outside Front door and over garage lights Set to 0
    Sep-04 10:13:30 PM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Outside Front Door and Over Garage Central Scene Set to 2000
    S

Central scene value 1000 corresponds to the garage lights being on, and central scene value 2000 corresponds to both lights being on.

Now the fun part, I have no events setup to do anything with this switch. I also do not understand what the 1000 and 2000 values are actually specifying. In looking at setting up an event i can't even find a way to edit the central scene value to force the single click of the switch to always set value 2000 and turn on both lights.

Anyone understand how these Central Scenes for a WS-100+ work?
    thanks!
    Matt

I would do a search in your event list and see if there is one using "1st Floor Outside Front Door and Over Garage Central Scene". I can see no reason why they central scene device could affect any other device without using an event. 1000 is always going to be the top key pressed once and 2000 is the bottom key pressed once. The pressing of the keys will control the switch as well as setting the values of the central scene.

With all HomeSeer devices whether virtual or assigned to a physical device through a plug-in, there are values and status text. This thread may help you understand how they are created and/or modified.

This thread may help you understand more specifically about the HS switches and dimmers.

The Central Scene device for the HS-Wx100+ switch/dimmer is setup like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1186965

When a button is pressed such that it creates a central scene a numeric value is "set" in the device. Those numeric values correspond to the text above. When a numeric value is set, it can be used as a trigger or condition in events. Here is an event we use allowing a double tap on two different switches to run an event that turns the living area lights on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1186966
    Last edited by randy; September 5, 2016, 08:58 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy for explaining the values. This house has magical seeming wiring at times so there is probably more to it that I just haven't discovered. I'll post back if I figure it out

Comment

Working...
      X