This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested with 3M-50 Thermostat

I tried the HSDROID plugin today with the Radio Thermostat 3M-50 WiFi thermostat. The devices that were created by reidfo's 3M-50 thermostat plugin were controlled perfectly from my Samsung Galaxy 5.0 WiFi device.

I only noticed one minor issue. When the fan is set to the "On" mode, the "On" radio button is not green. When switching to "Auto", the "Auto" button is correctly illuminated green. The fan does correctly turn on and off. I noticed the following error when turning on the fan: "Invalid FanMode=2"

One other request/question. When selecting the "Thermostats" button when there is only one thermostat, is it possible to go directly to the "Thermostat Details" screen and bypass the thermostat selection.

Great plugin. Thank you!

UPDATE 04/19/2012: I wanted to post an update for anyone who may read this in the future. After struggling with timeout errors from the 3M-50 thermostat I decided to give up and return the thermostat to Home Depot. I switched to the Trane ZWave thermostat which has been very reliable and works great with HSDroid.
    http://www.amazon.com/TZEMT400BB3-Re...ref=pd_cp_hi_0
    Last edited by regm; April 19, 2012, 12:45 PM. Reason: Update

Not ignoring this, just caught me at a busy time. I'll look into this and post RSN.

Dan

Comment

OK, got the first issue fixed. For some reason your thermostat returns 2 for fanmode on when the doc says it should return 1. Anyway, I accept either now. Just download the apk from www.danhinsley.com/downloads and test it out and let me know.

I'm looking into the second issue (going directly to the thermostat when there's only one) and will post here when I get that fixed.

Dan

Comment

OK, now if you only have one thermostat it should go directly to that screen (it goes to the control screen since I now don't have a way to do control versus display).

Test this out and let me know if it works the way you want.

Dan

Comment

Glad to hear the plugin works with HSDROID. I'll take a look at why the plugin is returning a 2 for fan mode.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thank you Dan. I'm now going directly to the "Thermostat Details" screen after selecting "Thermostats". And the fan radio buttons are correctly illuminated green.

However, when I select "Devices" I get an "Unexpected Error" message in the status bar of my device and the HomeSeer devices are not displayed. When this occurs I also see the following message in the HomeSeer log file from HSDROID: "No Music API found".
            Last edited by regm; March 30, 2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Download a new apk and see if that fixes it.

Do you have a Music plugin (WMP or iTunes or ...)?

Dan

Comment

Thank you Dan. The new apk fixed the problem. I do not use iTunes and I don't have any WMP plugins that I know of.

I'm test driving the trial version of the plugin. One thing that makes me nervous when using the plugin is the on/off toggle when tapping a device name. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally toggle the status of a device when scrolling through the list. Do you have any plans to modify this behavior? It would be nice to have On and Off buttons by the device name with the current device status. Only the buttons would be activated by a tap. The press and hold works great to view the device details.

Comment

Given the limited amount of screen real estate on some phones, I don't want to add two buttons on each device. What I could do is create an option that disabled short press as toggle, so you'd have to long press, then use the on/off buttons on the details screen, but that would seem to be a step back in usability.

I am looking at being able to display the current status of devices, but haven't decided on it for sure yet.

Dan

Comment

I understand what you are saying about not adding buttons because of the limited space on the screen. The option to disable the short press for a device status change is a great compromise. I would certainly use this feature.

Displaying the current status in the device list would also be beneficial. This would be a plus for those who prefer to use the short press to change the device status and those who choose the long press to change the status in the device details screen.

I think the most user-friendly interface is to display the current status in the device list and give the option to use the short press to change the device status or disable the short press and use the long press to navigate to the device details screen. And apply a similar option for events. There would be no status listing, but offer the option to use the short press to run the event or long press to navigate to the event and select a Run button. The option to disable the short press to invoke a device or event command would help eliminate any accidental device changes or event executions.

Thank you for considering these changes.

Comment

Download a new apk from the website and under Menu->Display Preferences there's a new checkbox for No Toggle on Short Press. If you have logging set up to verbose, you'll get a message when you short press on a device or event, but if you don't it will just silently ignore you.

I'm still looking at displaying the status. That's going to take a bit more work, and a change on the server side as well. I'll post back here if I manage it.

Dan

Comment

Excellent Dan. The single press option works perfectly for devices and events. Having this as an option is a win-win for all users. This is already a great plugin for us Android folks, but it will be a home run if you are able to add the current status to the device list. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                        X