This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcp View Post
    This error is trapped by the plug-in when it cannot download an album cover. It is displayed in the log to capture it and will instead return a default cover album image. My guess is that one of your players is referring to this icon in its playlist, but I could be wrong. I have not seen that SBServer returns path like this one 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' as a album cover page. Can you try clearing all playlists for all players? If you find which playlist entry creates it let me know and I can try to reproduce it.
    Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    I tracked down the issue. I use the SB as an alarm. The .png file is the one hosted by mysqueezebox for the sound effect that I use in the alarm. Apparently HS is trying to get the file and can't find?
    Seeing the same thing, is there a way to make this not show up in my log file?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I haven't done it yet, but two things I was thinking of is either turning off HS logging in the SB plugin configuration or downloading some kind of alarm sound and using that in my alarm instead of the SB sound effect. But I agree, I would hope that this gets addressed in the plugin as well.

Comment

One thing I noticed is the path

'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

there is an actual file at

'/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

I wonder if it's supposed to map that path '/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/' to the root of where it's looking for images.

If not, we should find out where it's looking and maybe I can just put the image in that spot.

I did also look in the install.xml file, and it lists the path
        <icon>plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png</icon>

None of this really seems out of the ordinary to me.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
          Seeing the same thing, is there a way to make this not show up in my log file?
          I can remove the message of course displaying the exception catch in the plug-in... though I want to see if I could add logic to display it for example at least once (to avoid hiding issues without a way to analyze them) or the other option only log it if debug or verbose debug is on.

Comment

One thing I noticed is the path

'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

there is an actual file at

'/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

I wonder if it's supposed to map that path '/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/' to the root of where it's looking for images.

If not, we should find out where it's looking and maybe I can just put the image in that spot.

I did also look in the install.xml file, and it lists the path
            <icon>plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png</icon>

None of this really seems out of the ordinary to me.
            Typically when you query for album/track information it gives you either the fullpath to the cover image or a URL. I haven't seen it supplying a partial URL like this one. Are these the sounds from the "Sounds & Effect" App that you are playing?

Comment

yes, from the sound effects app. I use them for sleeping, and morning alarms.

Thunderstorms at night sometimes
              Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

For those that encountered problems using HSTouch on iPhone/iTouch/iPad with the Squeezebox plug-in enabled, try it again with the latest HSTouch client version sent to Apple store (should be available sometimes this week) as it should resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                  For those that encountered problems using HSTouch on iPhone/iTouch/iPad with the Squeezebox plug-in enabled, try it again with the latest HSTouch client version sent to Apple store (should be available sometimes this week) as it should resolve the issue.
                  I can confirm that the beta they sent me did fix this issue.
                  Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Can I ask how some of the media functions of the plugin can be used with HSTouch? Specifically, I am referring to controlling shuffle, repeat and mute. In HSTouch there doesn't seem to be a way to "toggle" these. So do I need to have separate buttons for setting to shuffle and then setting to no shuffle? Or is there a clean way of doing this with events, hiding buttons, etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                      Can I ask how some of the media functions of the plugin can be used with HSTouch? Specifically, I am referring to controlling shuffle, repeat and mute. In HSTouch there doesn't seem to be a way to "toggle" these. So do I need to have separate buttons for setting to shuffle and then setting to no shuffle? Or is there a clean way of doing this with events, hiding buttons, etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
                      To toggle mute, repeat and shuffle w/o separate buttons I use a script (SB_controller.vb) which is triggered by the buttons:

Code:
                      Sub toggleScript(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")

Dim hspi As Object = hs.plugin("SqueezeBox")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
                              hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "Plugin not found!")
                      		Exit Sub
                      	End If

Dim musicAPI as Object = hspi.GetMusicAPI("Squeezeslave")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
                              hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "musicAPI creation for Squeezeslave failed")
                      		Exit Sub
                      	End If

if pParms.toLower = "mute" then
                      		If MusicApi.playerMute Then
                         			MusicApi.playerMute = False
                        		Else
                         			MusicApi.playerMute = True
                        		End if
                      	elseif pParms.toLower = "shuffle" then
                      		MusicApi.shuffleToggle
                      	elseif pParms.toLower = "repeat" then
                      		If MusicApi.repeat = 0 Then
                         			MusicApi.repeat = 1
                        		Elseif MusicApi.repeat = 1 then
                         			MusicApi.repeat = 2
                        		else
                         			MusicApi.repeat = 0
                        		End if
                      	end if	
                      End Sub
                      E.g. the mute button trigger an event running script SB_Controller.vb("toggleScript","mute"). This works perfectly for mute and repeat, but not for shuffle. Shuffle only returns "In order" for status 2, but for the other statuses (1 and 3) it returns "Unknown" and value 0 for the status. Anyone who has experienced the same?
                      Last edited by ; May 15, 2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rosentaarn. This is very helpful. I may just leave my button as activating shuffle. Can't think of a time I would want songs to play in order. If that comes up, I could just control directly. 99.9% of the time I leave on shuffle.

I am surprised however that it returns "unknown" status. Is this a bug in the plugin?

Comment

FYI, when I was looking through your script, I noticed a second "if HSPI is nothing" I think the second one should be "If musicAPI is nothing".

Originally posted by Rosentaarn View Post
                          To toggle mute, repeat and shuffle w/o separate buttons I use a script (SB_controller.vb) which is triggered by the buttons:

Code:
                          Sub toggleScript(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")

Dim hspi As Object = hs.plugin("SqueezeBox")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
                                  hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "Plugin not found!")
                                  Exit Sub
                              End If

Dim musicAPI as Object = hspi.GetMusicAPI("Squeezeslave")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
                                  hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "musicAPI creation for Squeezeslave failed")
                                  Exit Sub
                              End If
                          E.g. the mute button trigger an event running script SB_Controller.vb("toggleScript","mute"). This works perfectly for mute and repeat, but not for shuffle. Shuffle only returns "In order" for status 2, but for the other statuses (1 and 3) it returns "Unknown" and value 0 for the status. Anyone who has experienced the same?

Comment

yes, from the sound effects app. I use them for sleeping, and morning alarms.

Thunderstorms at night sometimes
                            I get the same error (ok, similar text) when I select the Pandora app. It appears to have something to do with where the image files are stored for apps and possibly some expected default base path.

In fact, the Pandora icon doesn't show up as album art when using the plug-in MusicAPI but it does show up on the SB Radio display.

Let me know what I can do to help debug.

Ken
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Rosentaarn, how are you triggering the script in HSTouch? I am doing it via a replacement variable in the text field of a button. I am getting some weird results where it is getting stuck in a loop for the repeat toggle. Are you triggering it some other way?

Thanks!

EDIT: If someone is trying to do this, answer can be found at post #3 in this thread...

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136333
                              Last edited by heatvent; May 18, 2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Have another question. I want to have a button and indicator in HSTouch to select/show which squeezeboxes are currently synchronized. I see that you can sync/unsync either via an event action or using the SB API. However, is there a way to see if a given player is synchronized? I don't really care which player they are synchronized to. I plan to have sqeezeplay on my HS PC and name it server and then sync each squeezebox/zone to that instance of squeezeplay. Then use HSTouch to control the server squeezeplay and the other zones should follow suit. Or is there a better way to do this?

Comment

Working...
                                X