No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished configuring HomeBridge on a Raspberry Pi. It was fairly easy and went pretty smooth. I have it controlling one HomeSeer light right now and it works fine.

One thing I noticed though, is that there are two HomeSeer Plugins available for HomeBridge. Anyone know the difference and is there a preference? These are the two -

"homebridge-homeseer" by rdp (I installed this one)
    "homebridge-homeseer-plugin" by jrhubott

Comment

Hey Guys, I've made a tool that automatically generates the config.json file. So far, it works great for dimmable lights, non dimmable lights/switches, Thermostats, Door locks, and garage openers. I'm planning to release it in the next day or two, and I will probably give out the source code too, so others can add other devices. I'm not planning to submit it to the HS Updater, so we don't have to worry about HomeSeer yanking it.

However, I'm running into a couple issues. First of all, the locks don't seem to work properly. As far as I can tell the config file is correct, but the door lock status won't show correctly. For example, it often gets stuck on "Unlocking" and never says unlocked. Do you guys know why that is??

Also, as far as thermostats go, the plugin only allows one setpoint, but just about every thermostat I've seen has a separate setpoint for heat and another for cool. How are you guys getting around that?

Comment

Let me know when you have a version to play with. I have a few Raspberry Pi's and a house full of Apple kit.

Im keen to have a go with it and even help on testing.

Comment

+1
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm game to help in testing. From what I remember about homebridge there is a separate line item for status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here you go guys, https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvsmrrvfst...Maker.zip?dl=0

Just extract the zip file and run "HomeBridge Config Maker". Please let me know if you run into any issues and how I can improve the config file it generates.

What device type support should I add next? I'm thinking security devices like motion and contact sensors.

Also, if anyone knows how to fix the previous issues I mentioned with the thermostats and doorlocks/garage please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post

Just extract the zip file and run "HomeBridge Config Maker". Please let me know if you run into any issues and how I can improve the config file it generates.

What device type support should I add next? I'm thinking security devices like motion and contact sensors.

Also, if anyone knows how to fix the previous issues I mentioned with the thermostats and doorlocks/garage please let me know.
                Can you add support for Lutron Caseta devices? They don't show up when I run your tool

Comment

What kind of device is that? Most of my devices are z-wave. If you click on that Lutron device and go the "Advanced" tab, what does it say for "Device Type (String)"? That's the property I use to determine the device type. Currently, these are the ones I have working -

"Z-Wave Switch Multilevel"
                  "Z-Wave Switch Binary"
                  "Z-Wave Thermostat Root Device"
                  "Z-Wave Door Lock"
                  "Garage Door"

Comment

I get an error: see image
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Jumper,

I had the same issue with doorlocks/etc not updating their status after you pressed the button. This happens because when the command is sent via the Home app, homekit is not getting a response back with the updated status. I had originally written some code to immediately request the status after you sent the command, but a better solution is the one created by @jrhubott. He created a homeseer plugin to add polling. I've been using it since last fall and it works awesome. Here's the link to his plugin: https://github.com/jrhubott/homebridge-homeseer

Comment

@sschnidler, thank you. Yeah, I was using and older plugin. The new one by jrhubott works much better. Thanks.

@Rien du Pre, I think the problem is that your device control values are different than mine. Just about all of my devices are z-wave, so discovering them was pretty consistent across the board. I'm working on a version now, that'll let you customize your strings and values if you need to.

Comment

Also, as far as thermostats go, the plugin only allows one setpoint, but just about every thermostat I've seen has a separate setpoint for heat and another for cool. How are you guys getting around that?
                          Even though most thermostats have two setpoints (including mine), only one can be used at a time. So a workaround would be to set both setpoints to the same temperature whenever one of them is changed. Not ideal, but it works.

Comment

I can tell you how I dealt with my thermostat since mine has a cool and heat setpoint. I just set my homebridge json to use the cool setpoint, then inside of homeseer I setup the cool and heat setpoints as "linked devices". That keeps the two setpoints in sync. It's not ideal, but it works perfectly. Here's how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajAZiG62aY

Comment

Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

I had homebridge running on RPi 3, then added json file and homeseer plugin. I've worked through the errors I received but now i'm stuck on Cannot read property 'length' of undefined. Below is an image of the error and json. I read on this board a suggestion to change the platform name from "HomeSeer" to what is on the json shown, to no avail. Thank you in advance for any help.
                              Attached Files

Comment

@black_thunder, I think your JSon is totally broken. Your Accessories should be within the Platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X