No announcement yet.

LAMetric Time Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird, rebooted my router and the LaMetric is working again, had to restart the plugin because it didn't heal itself

Comment

I'm going to hope it is a network connection issue rather than a plugin issue, I did have some initial issues which came about to my WiFi extender and AP isolation mode. Once I sorted that out it seemed to work just fine, interesting that you seem to get high ping rates and then very low ones, what other apps are you running on it?

Comment

Originally posted by tCC View Post
        Weird, rebooted my router and the LaMetric is working again, had to restart the plugin because it didn't heal itself
        Hope it is all sorted now - I'll look at adding a auto reconnect for the future releases.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I'm going to hope it is a network connection issue rather than a plugin issue, I did have some initial issues which came about to my WiFi extender and AP isolation mode. Once I sorted that out it seemed to work just fine, interesting that you seem to get high ping rates and then very low ones, what other apps are you running on it?
          Besides the default apps I have "Dark", "IFTTT Indicator" and "IFTTT Button" installed, auto scrolling the apps "Clock", "Weather" and "Stock Quotes" from 07:30 till 20:00, using Clock as screensaver in between.

Maybe my WiFi router had updated itself (using Portal WiFi without any logging) and did the LaMetric switch to another band or something (1 SSID for both 2.4 and 5Ghz).

But still working, ping are still fluctuating tho.
          I'll let you know after a couple of days, thanks for your reply

Comment

Still working

Comment

Best,
              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by tCC View Post
                Still working
                thats good, I don't think the connection needs to be looked at because the connection does not persist and it is done per event action, I'll check though.

Replacement variable support should already be there, just use the normal HS ones and it should send in the message, have you tried this or not yet? I'll sort out the international characters should hopefully be a quick fix.

Comment

Version 0.0.0.4 in the updater should support international/special characters, was just an encoding issue.

Someone has reverse engineered the new API to control the device radio/applications, I'm waiting for an official document to be produced before I implement anything into HomeSeer but should open up some nice additional features.

Comment

Notifications without Sounds

Loving my new LaMetric and the plugin, although I've only had it a couple of days.

Is it possible to send a Notification without a sound? I'd like to send a blank notification (kept forever) to blank my screen when I run my Goodnight event.

I can mute the device to stop the sound playing, but it looks like my Alarm is then also muted.

Thanks
                    Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyb View Post
                      Loving my new LaMetric and the plugin, although I've only had it a couple of days.

Is it possible to send a Notification without a sound? I'd like to send a blank notification (kept forever) to blank my screen when I run my Goodnight event.

I can mute the device to stop the sound playing, but it looks like my Alarm is then also muted.

Thanks
                      Anthony
                      Thanks for the feedback, I'll check whether or not sending one without sound is supported as the API is not particularly clear whether the sound object is optional or not.

Is the event to blank the screen working OK and it is just the sound or are you after a method for that also?

Comment

I can get a blank screen by sending a single frame with no text or icon to cycle forever so a blank screen all night is no problem.

I'll check tomorrow, but I think the Message Board app support text with no sound, although I don't know if that uses the cloud or local API.

By using the hue App (for lights) and IFTT, I think I'll be able to replace my old bedside remote.

Comment

I can get a blank screen by sending a single frame with no text or icon to cycle forever so a blank screen all night is no problem.

I'll check tomorrow, but I think the Message Board app support text with no sound, although I don't know if that uses the cloud or local API.

By using the hue App (for lights) and IFTT, I think I'll be able to replace my old bedside remote.
                          Can you please try version .5 in the updater, I've added the option to send no sound (scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list to the one that says 'No Sound'), it seems to work for me OK which says that they were optional in the API. Hope it works for you but if not let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Can you please try version .5 in the updater, I've added the option to send no sound (scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list to the one that says 'No Sound'), it seems to work for me OK which says that they were optional in the API. Hope it works for you but if not let me know.
                            Thanks, totally works!

Comment

Thanks, totally works!
                              Good to hear and thanks very much for the donation

Comment

Hi,

Do you have a changelog for 0.0.0.4 and 0.0.0.5 ?

Thanks m8!

Comment

Working...
                                X