View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
OverSeer

Since you don't have a wall switch and you probably ony have a single power line to the fan, your options are limited. One option would be to install a remote control fan switch. The receiver is mounted inside the fan unit. The remote will allow you to control the fan speed and dim the fan lights. Once that is working, you could then install a z-wave "fixture" module somewhere on the power line running to the fan. Either at the fan itself or at the junction box for the wiring that runs to the fan.

This approach would allow Homeseer to turn ON/OFF the power to the fan at whatever preset times you desire. You could then adjust the fan speed and light level with the remote.

I have several fans that I control with Homeseer. I find that we rarely change the fan speed or the light level. The fan turns ON/OFF based on the room temperature.

Steve Q