New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreezePlanet View Post
    Was able to easily add the node to my network, but I cannot get it to report motion, nor can i get it to "wake up". Nothing in the instructions says how to wake it up. Three quick presses removes from network, one long press (5 secs) to add it, one really long press (20 secs) to factory reset.

When I do a "Test Connectivity" I get it to work once every so often by repeatedly pressing the button (slow enough so that is is not confused with "remove from network").
    Ultimately I am trying to get to the parameters to change the time from 10 minutes to something shorter. (in addition to just getting it to report motion).

The settings/parameters never returns successfully. Keeps reporting that the device is not normally a listening device. Just can't figure out how to make it listen, and do so for more than 2 nanoseconds.

And then, I am getting the impression (don't know for sure yet) that I might need to know the parameter number in order to make the change in minutes. I will add that the single double-sided page that comes with it refers to "page 2". There is no page 2, unless the same side of the paper saying refer to "page 2" is in fact page 2 already. And nowhere else on the page can I find anything related.

I even gave up and plugged it in. No change. Everything stated above is the same. (I do understand that I will want to get it to work on battery during inclusion so that it does not route traffic - but getting it working in any mode is the goal right now)
    press the network button 4 times in rapid succession to wake the sensor up. That should give you enough time to check the settings/parameters or test connectivity or.... to optimize the sensor (recommended).
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Info

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
      ZWave plugin 3.0.1.130 using Net-Interface

Comment

4-times

1) I pressed the button four times (I must say that this is counter-intuitive as three times is supposedly to remove the node). That did seem to help it wake up.

2) When I get it to wake up, I get one single "known" parameter to set, the wake interval. Since I don't have a list of parameters, I don't know how to set the motion off delay minutes.

3) When I leave the device alone for a long while and then move in front of it, what I see in the device list is very confusing:

a) the root device named "Homeseer Tech Notification Sensor" has it's last update time updated to the current time

b) it's string set to "Motion Detected Unknown Location".

c) The child device named "Sensor Binary Motion" does not get any update to the time and

d) the string/description remains "Off-Closed-No-Motion".

It further looks like the root string changes to "No Event" once motion has gone away (after 10 mins or so) and still the child motion device does not change.

The associated devices list on the root (Parent Root) shows:
        Node 43 Z-Wave Battery, Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security, Node 43 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Tamper, Node 43 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Motion
        Last edited by FreezePlanet; December 20, 2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

logs....

Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Node 43 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor, Child:Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6, EndPoint=0
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 Frame(7)=5
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=129
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave Net-Interface: Sending to node 43 (Undefined) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY
          Dec-20 6:42:51 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=64
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected Unknown Location
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Node 43 Z-Wave HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor, Child:Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6, EndPoint=0
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 Frame(7)=5
          Dec-20 6:34:27 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=129
          Dec-20 6:34:26 PM Z-Wave Net-Interface: Sending to node 43 (Undefined) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY
          Dec-20 6:34:26 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=64

Comment

1) I pressed the button four times (I must say that this is counter-intuitive as three times is supposedly to remove the node). That did seem to help it wake up.

2) When I get it to wake up, I get one single "known" parameter to set, the wake interval. Since I don't have a list of parameters, I don't know how to set the motion off delay minutes.

3) When I leave the device alone for a long while and then move in front of it, what I see in the device list is very confusing:

a) the root device named "Homeseer Tech Notification Sensor" has it's last update time updated to the current time

b) it's string set to "Motion Detected Unknown Location".

c) The child device named "Sensor Binary Motion" does not get any update to the time and

d) the string/description remains "Off-Closed-No-Motion".

It further looks like the root string changes to "No Event" once motion has gone away (after 10 mins or so) and still the child motion device does not change.

The associated devices list on the root (Parent Root) shows:
            Node 43 Z-Wave Battery, Node 43 Z-Wave Home Security, Node 43 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Tamper, Node 43 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Motion
            If you update your Z-Wave plug-in to the latest beta version, you can make changes using the settings we provide. If you'd rather stay on the release version, you can use parameters that are in the online version of the guide. We posted a link to that from the product page in our store: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...S-MS100v1b.pdf

Comment

Online Manual - Perfect

Thank you for pointing out the online version of the manual. I guess I just missed it somehow on the product page in the store.

I can handle the parameters using the current version, but incidentally, I did attempt the beta, but was not able to connect to the interface. I would get "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." (I don't know how to refresh the interfaces).

So failed back to the current version.

Question: Will the new interface (eventually) update the child devices correctly? and not just the string/text of the root device?

Comment

Thank you for pointing out the online version of the manual. I guess I just missed it somehow on the product page in the store.

I can handle the parameters using the current version, but incidentally, I did attempt the beta, but was not able to connect to the interface. I would get "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." (I don't know how to refresh the interfaces).
                All you need to do is refresh the browser page! If that doesn't do the trick, just disable/re-enable the plug-in. That will get you going on the beta.

Question: Will the new interface (eventually) update the child devices correctly? and not just the string/text of the root device?
                Not sure I completely understand your question. This might help though... when a device is added to HS3, an interrogation process occurs. During this process, HS3 learns about the device. However, some of the information exchanged is fairly cryptic. A "BINARY" sensor (for example) could be a door sensor, motion sensor or other similar device. If we don't know exactly what it is, we associate "On-Open-Motion" and "Off-Closed-No Motion" text strings with the available values generated by the device. You can edit these values in the "Status Graphics" tab of the device. If it's a motion sensor, just shorten the text strings to "Motion" and "No Motion".

Comment

More info

I am still not able to get the beta to work. I get that "refresh" error message and the plugin does not start. Could it be that I an using the Z-Net-Z-Wave interface? Refreshing the page does nothing. And since the plugin does not start, it does not appear in the list of plugins to be able to configure.

Regarding the devices and "status graphics", as I've written numerous personal plugins, I am aware of the "status graphics" concept, and I get that Homeseer learns about the device during the import. I frequently rename the long names to more straightforward names. So I am with you there. I will admit the Z-wave protocol is unknown to me.

When I imported this device, I got all these devices:
                  - Homeseer Tech Notification Sensor (the root device)
                  - Home Security
                  - Sensor Binary Motion
                  - Sensor Binary Tamper
                  - Battery
                  Should I be deleting the "Sensor Binary Motion" and "Sensor Binary Tamper" devices? Or at least hiding them as they appear to do nothing?

I created two events based on the "Home Security" device since the sensor binary never changes state. One to detect motion, the other for no motion. When it changes to "Motion Detected Unknown Location" I have homeseer speak "motion". when it changes to "No Event" I have homeseer speak "quiet". Now every single minute I hear "motion" immediately followed by "quiet". The logs indicate both events are firing together every minute (note that I have the motion delay set to one minute). Not that it is related, but I also ensured the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" is checked. It changes every minute. The logs indicate that the device is in fact sending motion followed by no-motion every minute, even though I have it hidden away in a drawer.

Thank you for being so responsive. I did not expect this diagnosis to continue here, so if easier for me to contact you directly, let me know.

Comment

The latest beta Z-Wave plug-in had problems for me. I couldn't update to it using the normal simple process. What I had to do was disable the plug-in, restart HS3, after the restart update to the new version and then re-enable the plug-in.

With this beta I was able to update the MS settings using the 4 tap method and the child devices worked as expected.

Comment

Beta

Yes, I found the same thing. You do indeed have to disable the plugin first so a dll can be updated. But it won't "discover" my Z-Net Z-Wave device. Perhaps because it is not directly on the machine, but on the network.... I am happy to hear though that the beta does update the child devices. Gonna try downloading a later version of .net (totally a shot in the dark here), wondering if it has nothing to do with the actual "interface" but rather the plugin itself.

Comment

Beta stopping

After updating .net, I decided to run the plugin directly, from the command prompt. The current release works fine. The beta plugin starts up, but then shuts down.
                        Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1
                        Connected, waiting to be initialized...

Program closes.

I then put the current version back in, turned on all logs, put the beta version back in and captured this error entry in the logs:
                        Initializing plug-in(1): Z-Wave Instance::Error creating web utility pages with the HomeSeer server.

I should add that the remainder of the related logs appears to indicate that the new plugin did discover my z-net interface and all the devices.

With the current release of the plugin, i am seeing this in the logs:
                        Exception processing incoming secure message from node 43 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I think we're getting close...
                        Last edited by FreezePlanet; December 21, 2017, 12:52 PM. Reason: bit more detail

Comment

Running okay

At this point I am able to ignore the binary devices and just use the "Home Security" devices. The repeating motion/no-motion on the one device has subsided.

So, for intents and purposes, I am good for now.

Comment

Oh, we Europeans still wish you would buy some EU chips too.

Z-NET using UZB1? Please!
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

In the online manual it states:
                              "The battery sensor is designed to report battery level with a Z-Wave command every 43200 seconds (12 hours). If desired, HomeSeer users can adjust this interval (0-2678400 seconds) by accessing the settings on the Z-Wave tab of the root device."

It also says this interval can be changed. The manual doesn't detail parameters for battery reporting intervals.

Does this mean the sensor will automatically do a battery report every 12 hours or are we expected to poll the battery node using HS3?

I've had the sensor installed for over 24 hours now and have not received an automatic battery report since it was installed. I have turned off polling.

EDIT: Still no battery updates since 12/21/17. Does it only report if the battery level has changed?
                              Last edited by andyf; December 26, 2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

So what kind of range and spread are we looking at for the motion sensing?
                                I was just about ready to pull the trigger on some Zooz sensors, but the line power intrigues me. Also what kind of power adapter does it require? I'd assume I could just use the same sort of adapter that I have for a Pi3?

Comment

Working...
                                X