Multiple light devices ConBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
    No you just need HomeSeer with the JowiHue plugin running and the DeCONZ application running. The webapp just gives you manual control outside of Homeseer/JowiHue and can be closed/opened at will.

You will have needed to pair your deCONZ with JowiHue as per the documentation.
    You will have needed to pair your zigbee devices (as long as they're supported by deCONZ and JowiHue) to deCONZ which might be easiest done using the webapp. After that the webapp isn't needed.

Cheers,

Jon.
    Ok, I added deCONZ to startup delayer and added the http and ws port info at the end of the exe as per your previous post. So now deCONZ starts first and HS3 second.

All works well and the computer reboots all the way into HS without any errors but now I have 4 identical devices for the same one as you all have mentioned before.

I can control the device by the last device that was created but the first 3 do nothing.

What is the fix for this? thanks

Comment

Jon,

I am trying hard to copy the issue, but so far I was not able to cause the issue here. I would really love to have a detailed trace on a log file where the plugin creates the extra devices, especially a trace including the start of the plugin with a description what was done with deCONZ just before that.

If you could manage this for me, I would be very happy But make sure to have a backup of your homeseer database, so you do not have to repair everything afterward, but just putting the backup back in?

Have a trace would really help me finding the issue

Thanks,

Wim

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
      Hi,

I have been experimenting with this also, having had a similar issue with a new light being created each restart (I had a few days where I needed to restart HS or the PC it was running on).

I have managed to get deCONZ to start using fixed ports (8080 for the HTTP port, 8081 for the Web Service), using the following in windows shortcut target (using deCONZ v2.04.86):-

{path}\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081

JowiHue then connects no problem to deCONZ on port 8081 and the webapp button in the deCONZ application window still works using port 8080.

A straight restart of deCONZ then does not create a new light.

I think the issues is about the deCONZ port changing while the plugin is running, or between HS restarts but need to do some more experimenting to be sure.

Cheers,

Jon.
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

I will try and recreate the scenario tomorrow and send you a trace if I can find a bit of spare time.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Hi,

Just to update - I upgraded to v2.0.1.5 this morning and so far have not been able to recreate the issues with duplicate devices being created.

I've tried:
          - Straight restart of the plugin
          - Restart of HS3
          - Close deCONZ, change WS port and restart deCONZ, leaving plugin running
          - Close deCONZ, set WS port back to 8081 and restart, leaving the plugin running

The only thing I have't tried is running deCONZ first, letting it take ownership of port 80 and then trying to run HomeSeer.

The only things I have noticed are:-
          1) The plugin will not reconnect to deCONZ if it closed and restarted on a different port - you need to restart the plugin for it to reconnect.
          2) The device status image file deCONZ_unreachable.png is missing.

None of which is show-stopping.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

...and I have now just tested:-

Close HS3
            Close deCONZ
            Run deCONZ and let it take port 80
            Start HS3 and wait for it to complain about not being able to use port 80.
            Shut down HS3
            Shut down deCONZ
            Restart deCONZ specifying port 8081 for web service
            Restart HS3

Result: No duplicate devices created.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Wim,

Here is what I have found.

Test 1
              del device from UI
              shut down HS3
              shut down deCONZ
              re-boot computer
              deCONZ opens
              HS3 opens
              device comes back once in UI

Test 2
              leave device in UI
              re-boot computer (no manual shutdowns of deCONZ or HS3)
              deCONZ opens
              HS3 opens
              device now has 2 identical devices in UI

Comment

Now that I have the computer booting up and all is loading correctly and have full control of the devices I encountered a new problem.

In trying to open the webapp I got the same message others have got.

"Not the page you are looking for"

If I open the rest api and click on the ip address link I get the same thing.

Is there a fix for this one?

Also this occurs after I have added the --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081 to the end of the deconz exe file.

Also I see there is a new exe file for deconz of .90. Anyone tried this one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  Wim,

Here is what I have found.

Test 1
                  del device from UI
                  shut down HS3
                  shut down deCONZ
                  re-boot computer
                  deCONZ opens
                  HS3 opens
                  device comes back once in UI

Test 2
                  leave device in UI
                  re-boot computer (no manual shutdowns of deCONZ or HS3)
                  deCONZ opens
                  HS3 opens
                  device now has 2 identical devices in UI
                  Would it be possible to do the test 2 aain, but now with the detailed trace and log to file option enabled before the reboot. this way I hope to be able to see why the devices are created?
                  It seems there are situations where the ip check on the conbee is not working, but I still have not found something that might cause it. If you can replicate the issue, I would be helped a lot

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                    Now that I have the computer booting up and all is loading correctly and have full control of the devices I encountered a new problem.

In trying to open the webapp I got the same message others have got.

"Not the page you are looking for"

If I open the rest api and click on the ip address link I get the same thing.

Is there a fix for this one?

Also this occurs after I have added the --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081 to the end of the deconz exe file.

Also I see there is a new exe file for deconz of .90. Anyone tried this one yet?
                    This is an issue of the deCONZ application, so it is an issue out of my hands here. But it makes me think this might be an issue behind the cause of the plugin deciding to create double devices. I see in some logs I received that the ipcheck on the ConBee chokes every now and then..

Wim
                    Last edited by w.vuyk; November 23, 2017, 09:05 AM.
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      Would it be possible to do the test 2 aain, but now with the detailed trace and log to file option enabled before the reboot. this way I hope to be able to see why the devices are created?
                      It seems there are situations where the ip check on the conbee is not working, but I still have not found something that might cause it. If you can replicate the issue, I would be helped a lot

Wim
                      Wim,
                      I have done the test 2 again. Which files do you want me to send you?

Comment

Cowinger,

The log files JowiHuelog and Jowihue_last.log in the logs directory. Send them to my private email address?

Thanks,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

If you need help testing i am still getting duplicate devices every time i have to restart my system.

Comment

Airey,

I think I have found the cause. I think t is really a bug in deCONZ when changing ports between starts. When the bug appears, you won't be able to reach for the WebApp either, giving a message "this is not the page you are looking for"

At that point the plugin should recognise the bridge as unreachable, but it did not. Then internally at the next try the bridge connects and starts working. Because of this issue, the plugin started creating new devices.
                            I have updated the plugin, but am still testing with a few users to be sure it is now 100% on this part.

Will send you a PM with the details.

Thanks,

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Thanks i installed it will let you know. I was originally getting the "this is not the page you are looking for" error then I hard coded the ports and stopped getting that but still would get duplicate created when i had to restart my machine or shutdown the app.

Intresting enough my HS3 starts as a sheduled task on boot. I have never been able to get deconz to work this same way. When i hard code it to start as a task with the ports it always gives me that error. So every time my server is rebooted i was starting deconz manually after HS3 was already started.

Thanks,

Aaron

Comment

I just noticed a new version of deconz 94 so i upgraded to that. I still can't get it to run as a scheduled task just like my HS3 does. If a task starts the program as my user account it always has that error.

Comment

Working...
                                X