Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dirk,

thank for your fast reply.

I will read this carefully tomorow and will get back to you.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      was firewall off before it stopped or you just turned firewall off after it stopped? ( I turned the firewall off after it stopped) Don't delete the PI, it really makes no difference (in this case). If there is a corruption, you need to stop HS3 and delete the sonos.ini file and start again which will wipe out all Sonos created devices and start all over BUT it will also corrupt all Sonos PI related events that you might have created, so you would have to redo those.
      So last time the problem went away after you made all players wireless, so this may suggest an issue with the router. Subsequently you posted you had updated the FW on that router and things were better. Yes but just for a period of time, like 3-4 days Are you now back to the old wired config or still on a pure wireless config? I am now on the wired config because i had the same problem with wireless. Only the sonos connect is wired ( i did line sonos recomand ( boost setup) Sonos on channel 6 for now and my wireless 2.4 on channel 11 with 20hz range between channelsThe problem could still be in your network where perhaps mac entries age out or other issues (switches tend to learn where traffic comes and goes to and "remembers" it to be more efficient for the next time but times them out if no traffic comes through for a while). Maybe but how do i get over this if this is the problem?

If you restart the PI (not PC not HS) does it start working again? No Key to remember why there are these (firewall) challenges is that at start-up, the PI will establish TCP connections with players (for each UPNP service-event it is interested in) so it will initiate the conversation which is something firewalls like. What firewalls (or age based tables like arp, mac learning) don't like, is that traffic comes from somewhere and they have no prior knowledge of this source (because the info has times out). That's why after x minutes suddenly updates don't work anymore. UPNP was designed that when the TCP connection fails, the UPNP subsystem generates an event and the UPNP user will take action to recover from this. In your case, the events are lost but the TCP connection is actually still active. How do I know this: because I wrote the UPNP subsystem

Dirk
      See my response in bold.

Nb: windows firewall is off since yesterday 4 pm. The plugin was not able to send status for 4 hours..
      What i did : ''factory''reset the router with the last Lede firmware wich is 17.01.04. Upgrade the wireless drivers ( kmod-mwlwifi) wich is explained in this thread https://forum.lede-project.org/t/pre...-releases/3262.
      ( i had to start a putty session via ssh to do this)

The benefit form this is i have the last wireless driver for my wireleess marvel ship...
      if i go with the linksys stock firwware , the last date they updated it in july of 2017. And if you do a research... on the net you will know people experience 5hgz down issues.

anyways all of this was already done ( lede firware + drivers update). And the problem occured. The only difference is now i started for a fresh Lede install.

This install is so much stable ... i was experiencing amazon echo ( i have 6) deconection a lot. And now i have no problem at all.
      The only thing remaining is the sonos plugin not able to update it's state for whatever reason.

So the problem disapered 1 hours after i did the fresh install of LEDE. But happened again intermitetlly. When i press the '' PLay_pause '' button it sometimes wake up the the plugin and the status are working again.

( firewall off since yesterday)

Can i add rule to open a port in my router just for the Sonos? OR Do i need to buy a SONOS Boost wireless extender??

thank you

Comment

it is working fine at the present time. For what it worths.

i sent you my Log since yesterday in PM
        Last edited by ; February 10, 2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Don,

Just wanted to share that i didnt have this issue anymore since i bought and installed the Sonos Boost. (More than one month ago).

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X