X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pvodoz View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    I have this page after plugin installation:

I tried to add proxy flag setting but the save button is always getting the error message.
    I also tried to refresh by only clicking the sonos config button, same result....
    Pvodoz,

the HS PC and players must be in the same subnet because they make use of broadcasting to find each other. If you have a smart router, I guess you can install some proxy/forwarders but wouldn't know of the top of my head what exactly to proxy because some are pure broadcasts and some are multicast addresses.

Any reason why they are in different subnets?

Dirk

Comment

New error since installing HS 2.5.0.73. Running SonosController v1.0.0.100

HTML Code:
      Warning  Setting device string, housecode is not set. String is: Master Volume = 36Left = 100Right = 100 
      This error is reported when the PI initializes at startup and is reported for each Play 3, I don't get the error on the two ZP90s.

The rendering devices work just fine. Just started getting the error.

[Play 3 firmware v 3.8.4]
      Last edited by jbbtex; December 19, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        New error since installing HS 2.5.0.73. Running SonosController v1.0.0.100

HTML Code:
        Warning  Setting device string, housecode is not set. String is: Master Volume = 36Left = 100Right = 100 
        This error is reported when the PI initializes at startup and is reported for each Play 3, I don't get the error on the two ZP90s.

The rendering devices work just fine. Just started getting the error.

[Play 3 firmware v 3.8.4]
        The error should be benign and only at start-up. When Rich added more reporting in v65 and on, it showed itself. I have already fixed the code but given it is totally benign, I haven't released it, let all soak for a bit longer and see if anything else shows up. While porting the PI to HS3, I actually found some other (benign) issues that went unnoticed, typical at start-up or very first install. None that affect anything what so ever just a pesky error at start-up.

Dirk

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.102 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.102
          • Cleaned up a cosmetic error that may show up at start-up when you are using HS v2.5.0.75 or higher
          • Sometimes a zone doesn't get released immediately after an announcement ends. The problem somewhere started with Sonos SW3.8. If the problem still shows after introduction of this release, increase the value for "AnnouncementWaitforPlayTime" in the .ini file. The value is in seconds and you need to stop/restart HS when you change the value.
          • Removed a few log entries that may clog your log file
          • Added function where any TuneIn station will be learned, not just those that you saved to your favorite radio station list
          • Fixed major issue that unfortunately got introduced with v100. A loop can occur when an announcement ends and you have no playlists in your Sonos Playlist queue. v100 is hereby pulled immediately
          • Fixed an issue (or Sonos workaround actually) when you use Windows Media Player "play-to" feature, an error may show up and track info etc is not displayed properly
          • Made minor change on status reporting. Removed the (useless) artworkURL from the statusbox (next to the artwork)

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.105 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.105

Comment

Dirk,

Wanted to thank you for adding the TuneIn station learning, works perfect.

Really enjoy your plug-in and support, almost done with the conversion from Squeezebox to SONOS.

Chris

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.107 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.107
                • Fixed issue where announcements completely stop when an announcement is generated with an non-existing LinkGroupName
                • Add support to populate the Playlist Track selector Listbox in HST
                • Slacker track name and Artist are swapped

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.108 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.108
                  • Fixed issue with action/Events. The action to link a player to an audio input was broken a while back

Comment

Just bought your great plug-in

For a little while i'm using your plugin and i'm very pleased with it.

Just bought it and now i'm wondering if it is possible to:

get the alarmtime from Sonos and use it in Homeseer to calculate on what time the thermostat has to go on. Additional it would be nice when no one is at home, homeseer disables the Sonosalarm.

So it would be nice if the following features are available through Homeseer:
                    - get the alarmtime('s) from Sonos
                    - enable/disable alarmtime('s) in Sonos

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post

You should be able to create an event/action that turns your thermostat on/off/higher/lower based on a trigger which is the alarm going off.

With respect to your question to enable/disable alarmtimes: adding more functions to replace the Sonos controller is not the intent of this plugin as it adds quite some complexity whilst there is no guarantee ever from Sonos that they wouldn't change these things between their SW releases and break everything I do. Sorry for that.

Dirk

Comment

SonosController Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        You should be able to create an event/action that turns your thermostat on/off/higher/lower based on a trigger which is the alarm going off.

With respect to your question to enable/disable alarmtimes: adding more functions to replace the Sonos controller is not the intent of this plugin as it adds quite some complexity whilst there is no guarantee ever from Sonos that they wouldn't change these things between their SW releases and break everything I do. Sorry for that.

Dirk
                        I understand what you mean Dirk, it's really a shame if the change there SW release and it will break your plugin.

Comment

How good are you with coding and scripting?

If you consult the help file, the API is published at the end. You'll find some of the alarm functions exposed as follows

Public Function ListAlarms() As String ' Returns XML data of all active alarms
                          Public Function SetAlarm(ByVal AlarmID As String, ByVal State As Boolean) As String
                          Public Function SetAlarmParms(ByVal AlarmID As String, Optional ByVal StartTimeLocal As String = "", Optional ByVal Duration As String = "", _
                          Optional ByVal Recurrence As String = "", Optional ByVal Enabled As String = "", Optional ByVal ROOMUUID As String = "", _
                          Optional ByVal ProgramURI As String = "", Optional ByVal ProgramMetaData As String = "", Optional ByVal PlayMode As String = "", _
                          Optional ByVal Volume As String = "", Optional ByVal IncludeLinkedZones As String = "") As String
                          ' Enabled False/True

' Recurrence ONCE/WEEKDAYS/WEEKENDS/DAILY/ON_(digits*)
                          ' * digits 0-6 where 0=Sunday and 6=Saturday.Multiple days may be specified, ex ON_24 would set Recurrence to Tuesday and Thursday

' IncludeLinkedZones False/True

This should allow you to pull up the list of alarms, process them, find out which time they are set to and use that to control the thermostat. From the Alarmlist, with the AlarmID, you can use the SetAlarm function to turn an alarm on or off.

Dirk

Comment

SonosController Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Never try to edit a API, on my work I let the professionals do the job. But it can harm to give it a try! Thanks for the feedback, Dirk!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              How good are you with coding and scripting?

If you consult the help file, the API is published at the end. You'll find some of the alarm functions exposed as follows

Public Function ListAlarms() As String ' Returns XML data of all active alarms
                              Public Function SetAlarm(ByVal AlarmID As String, ByVal State As Boolean) As String
                              Public Function SetAlarmParms(ByVal AlarmID As String, Optional ByVal StartTimeLocal As String = "", Optional ByVal Duration As String = "", _
                              Optional ByVal Recurrence As String = "", Optional ByVal Enabled As String = "", Optional ByVal ROOMUUID As String = "", _
                              Optional ByVal ProgramURI As String = "", Optional ByVal ProgramMetaData As String = "", Optional ByVal PlayMode As String = "", _
                              Optional ByVal Volume As String = "", Optional ByVal IncludeLinkedZones As String = "") As String
                              ' Enabled False/True
                              ' Recurrence ONCE/WEEKDAYS/WEEKENDS/DAILY/ON_(digits*)
                              ' * digits 0-6 where 0=Sunday and 6=Saturday.Multiple days may be specified, ex ON_24 would set Recurrence to Tuesday and Thursday
                              ' IncludeLinkedZones False/True

This should allow you to pull up the list of alarms, process them, find out which time they are set to and use that to control the thermostat. From the Alarmlist, with the AlarmID, you can use the SetAlarm function to turn an alarm on or off.

Dirk

Dirk,

Can you help me out a little bit?

Where can I find the help file and which file do I have to alter?
                              What kind of software do I need to edit the file?

I hope you can help me with that.

Comment

Dirk,

Can you help me out a little bit?

Where can I find the help file and which file do I have to alter?
                                What kind of software do I need to edit the file?

I hope you can help me with that.
                                The help file can be found by clicking on the Help button on the HS status web page. Then select the SonosController Help file link.

If you are not familiar with VB scripting, I don't think I can explain how to go about writing a program to pick up the right API handle, call the procedure to get the XML based list of alarms, how to process XML etc.

Are you familiar with VB scripting?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X