Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Issue: Not recognizing string

Michael,
    Might have found an issue. I have a payload of 1:04:12:51 and it's not recognized as a string.
    Attached Files

There has been a discussion on this on the 3.2.x.x thread. I believe the default UI is List rather than Text. HS also seems to have an issue forgetting VSP's after they have been deleted. I suggest the following:
    Use Manual tab to select Text for your subscription
    Use Association tab to remove Accept checkbox and then set it back. It will create a new HS device without the history of the VSP definitions.

Comment

Thanks, that worked.

Noticed the Manual tab has a lot of info populated from the last accepted topic. First time I've noticed this. How is this populated? Is it only on right after a topic is accepted?

Comment

Correct, the Association and Manual tabs are synchronized. If some thing is one on one, then the other is updated.

Comment

Great thanks.

Comment

I changed the List type in 3.2.18.0 to no longer be an auto-determined type, but still available as a user option. This seems to work better with the current behavior of HS.

Comment

Would it be possible to add an additional synchronization method outside of the Accept method.

This would be super handy in making changes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

That would be a nice feature.

Comment

Would it be possible to add an additional synchronization method outside of the Accept method.
                  I do not understand the suggestion. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    I do not understand the suggestion. Can you elaborate?
                    Currently, the method of synchronization exists when using the "A" button.

I'm suggesting adding an additional method for synchronization (button?).

This would make adjusting Accepted topics entries much easier.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Are you looking for a button that will populate the Manual tab that serves the function of the top two text boxes that are on the Manual tab?

HS uses hyperlink on the device name on Device Management to get to the Edit tabs. This actually brings up a new page. They did not provide a mechanism to my knowledge to get back other than selecting the Device Management from the menu again.

Comment

Comment

This..
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The Ref number on the Association tab is now a button. When clicked the Manual tab is updated with that Ref number information. 3.2.19.0

To clarify what appears to be a usability confusion. One can copy the Ref number (or Subscribe Topic) and paste it into the top of the Manual tab. This will populate it just as the button that just added does.

The Uncheck/Check the Accept box was done to overcome what looks to be a HS problem of remembering previously defined VSP and VGP for a Device. The only way to forget was to create a new device. That is what the Uncheck/Check dance did. Since any edit on the Association row would populate the Manual tab, this action did the population.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              The Ref number on the Association tab is now a button. When clicked the Manual tab is updated with that Ref number information. 3.2.19.0

To clarify what appears to be a usability confusion. One can copy the Ref number (or Subscribe Topic) and paste it into the top of the Manual tab. This will populate it just as the button that just added does.

The Uncheck/Check the Accept box was done to overcome what looks to be a HS problem of remembering previously defined VSP and VGP for a Device. The only way to forget was to create a new device. That is what the Uncheck/Check dance did. Since any edit on the Association row would populate the Manual tab, this action did the population.
                              Understood on the usability concerns, but this is very helpful. And you Sir are the hardest working PI dev I've ever seen here on HS.

You NEED to setup a donation method OR for the love of Pete start charging for this gem!.

Now TAKE MY MONEY!..

Oh and thanks for your help.
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                              X