Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never showing away state.

Hi

I have been testing the plugin for a while. All locations are updating fine, however it never goes into away mode. I've seen others complain about this in the "old" thread and I am not sure how this is supposed to work.

What I try to accomplish is if all users go into "Away" mode, then turn the house into "away state". I am currently doing this with IFTTT and life360, however I would like to move away from IFTT and use the life360 plugin instead.

Currently running version 1.2.0.0, also tried the latest beta, however that created a lot of duplicate devices.

Have tried using Mono 5.0.1.1 and Mono 5.12 with same result. Also tried with Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18.04

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
    Hi

I have been testing the plugin for a while. All locations are updating fine, however it never goes into away mode. I've seen others complain about this in the "old" thread and I am not sure how this is supposed to work.

What I try to accomplish is if all users go into "Away" mode, then turn the house into "away state". I am currently doing this with IFTTT and life360, however I would like to move away from IFTT and use the life360 plugin instead.

Currently running version 1.2.0.0, also tried the latest beta, however that created a lot of duplicate devices.

Have tried using Mono 5.0.1.1 and Mono 5.12 with same result. Also tried with Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18.04

A person is either "Home" or "Somewhere Else" and if they are "Somewhere Else" they will either be a "defined" Life360 Place or an Unknown Place and the device will show their current address. If they are at a "Life360 Place" that Device Status will be used. Only when the person is at an "Unknown" Place will the "Away" Status be used for the device but the Address will be used for the Device String.

An Event to get the functionality you're looking for would look like this.

IF Life360 Location was set and has a value that is not equal to Home
    AND IF Life360 Location has a value that is not equal to Home

For multiple people you will have to account for the "Trigger" and the "Condition". The trigger is the first statement that "Fires" the event. It's the "Action" so the first line is the "Was Set" and the following is the condition of Has a value.

For this to work with multiple people you would have a double Event to account for people leaving and being gone at different times.

If Person 1 location was set to a value
    And If Person 2 location has a value not equal
    Or If Person 2 location was set to a value
    And If Person 1 location has a value not equal

That sequence can be adjusted and provides a lot of flexibility around the conditions and the trigger for the event.

Comment

Hi

If you have the Easytrigger PI you can use "A Devices Value Was and Becomes".
      If person 1's location value was 'supermarket' and becomes Away
      THEN .....
      'Supermarket' is created in a browser (log into life360 dot com) or in the App. It will then show up in John's PI (update places).

Comment

Hi

As for the multiple devices. I just ran through a test and I just went crazy clicking the device check boxes and create devices button over and over and unchecking/checking the boxes and just went crazy. I was able to cause it to create duplicate devices.

Is this typical/normal PI use...no... but obviously it can happen. So I need to review the "optional" device selection choices and how the devices are created. Currently when you check/un-check a box the devices are created/removed on update. I may have to change that to trigger on check/un-check to try and avoid this type of scenario. Due to it being on the update interval as well not all devices for all users are updated at the same exact time and may take 2 updates to show the changes. I'll look into this.

Comment

Hi,

I have no issues in creating the events I need.

The problem is that the location never updates if it is not in a "known" location. Aka. a location that I have stored in Life360. It shows as "Home" even though I am away from home. It does not show the address like it does in the Life360 app.

Regards,
          Christian

Comment

Hi,

I have no issues in creating the events I need.

The problem is that the location never updates if it is not in a "known" location. Aka. a location that I have stored in Life360. It shows as "Home" even though I am away from home. It does not show the address like it does in the Life360 app.

Regards,
            Christian
            Have you updated to the latest version? The earlier posting showed version 1.2.0.0 which had some problems.

Comment

Yes,

I successfully updated to: 1.2.0.32

And no duplicate devices this time. If I click on the google map link, it shows the exact location of the user. However the location device still says "Home"

Christian

Comment

Yes,

I successfully updated to: 1.2.0.32

And no duplicate devices this time. If I click on the google map link, it shows the exact location of the user. However the location device still says "Home"

Christian
                I see your location is Norway. I'm suspecting this may be a language issue but I'm not sure.

In Life360 (service/website) how are your places defined, in particular "Home" and do they match what is in the Status Groups for the "Location" device for your users (pick one user they should all be the same). If not the places may be out of sync. (Shouldn't be but may happen)

Comment

I have defined home location as "Hjemme" and it matches the Location device in homeseer whenever I or my wife is in any of my predefined locations.

In the life360 app it says "At: Hjemme", in the HomeSeer location device it says: "Location: Hjemme"

Nothing in the Life360 app is in Norwegian, and I am not using any special characters in any of the locations defined, I doubt it is a language issue.

Comment

I have defined home location as "Hjemme" and it matches the Location device in homeseer whenever I or my wife is in any of my predefined locations.
                    So when away and at a defined location it is showing that place?

But when away and NOT at a defined location it still shows home?

Can you enable debugging and let it update and send me a log capture? Can you send some screenshots of the problem? If you don't want to post screenshots to the forum then use the #Slack channel. The information is in the main Simplex Tech Sub Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                      So when away and at a defined location it is showing that place?

But when away and NOT at a defined location it still shows home?

Can you enable debugging and let it update and send me a log capture? Can you send some screenshots of the problem? If you don't want to post screenshots to the forum then use the #Slack channel. The information is in the main Simplex Tech Sub Forum.
                      It will update to all known locations and stay at that location until I get to another known location.

I will start debug logging and get some screenshots.

Comment

It will update to all known locations and stay at that location until I get to another known location.

I will start debug logging and get some screenshots.
                        Are you trying to watch yourself?
                        In Life360 app what is your refresh interval?
                        In Life360 what is the radius around places? Are they over-lapping or very close to each other?
                        In the Plugin what is the update interval?

Comment

I am watching myself and my wife. One iOS and one android device however can see this on both devices.

In the app I have 15 minute update on location.

On the plugin the update rate is 1 minute.

There are two locations that are overlapping.

Comment

Cycled to work today and I have attached the debug log.

You can see the last Updated Place is Location 2 (Home) at 05:25, then you can see the Lat/Long is updating throughout the commute however there is no updates to the location until I get to work (Location 1).

I have removed the data from 05:27 to 06:21 as it is just more of the same.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cycled to work today and I have attached the debug log.

You can see the last Updated Place is Location 2 (Home) at 05:25, then you can see the Lat/Long is updating throughout the commute however there is no updates to the location until I get to work (Location 1).

I have removed the data from 05:27 to 06:21 as it is just more of the same.
                              The log information shows quite a lot.

As you have seen in the log you start at Location 2 and that is shown correctly and it then does eventually change to Location 1. So the place is updating. All of the other devices also show they are updating correctly as seen from the Lat/Long updates. There is something in the log that is curious and may have some explanation on the lag of updates in your case. Your root device shows "Offline" for a good period of time and then it comes back "Online"

Here's one entry. There's an Offline entry for every update from Home to Work until you get to Work when the device comes back Online

Jul-12 05:27:05 Life360 Debug Updated Christian Root Offline

Are you moving through an area with poor cell coverage and no wifi? The root device will be marked offline when there's no "location" data available FROM Life360. You can see in the log all of the Updates when the Root Offline message there is no update of the Location. This can be seen with the Lat/Long as well as they do not change at all during this time window block when the Root is Offline. Once the Root comes back Online the Location is updated and so is the Lat/Long. This appears to be a service/connection issue from device to Life360.

Basically you are "Online" at home and when you leave your device is then marked "Offline" and stays "Offline" until you reach Work and then it goes back "Online". During this "Offline" period Life360 has no location data so there's nothing for the plugin to update.

Comment

Working...
                              X