GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status

I bought two of these from HS. They work fine but mode operating status and fan operating status don't change to reflect what the thermostat is doing. Has anyone else seen this issue. At my other house I have two Omnistat's and use Kirby's plugin with excellent, rock solid results. I tried Blade's BLStat and it didn't seem to add all the devices so I had to disable that plugin. Has anyone noticed if the Trane or Honeywell stats reflect the operating status?

Originally posted by LikeAutomation View Post
    I bought two of these from HS. They work fine but mode operating status and fan operating status don't change to reflect what the thermostat is doing. Has anyone else seen this issue. At my other house I have two Omnistat's and use Kirby's plugin with excellent, rock solid results. I tried Blade's BLStat and it didn't seem to add all the devices so I had to disable that plugin. Has anyone noticed if the Trane or Honeywell stats reflect the operating status?
    I'm having similar issue w/ my Evolve T100 thermostat, only the operating mode and fan mode are not communicating, i.e. whatever the system is actually doing (heating, cooling, fan only, pending heat or pending cooling), HS3 shows it's status a "Idle". The 7 different status descriptions were created automatically when I added the t-stat on zwave.

Also, I just removed and re-added node to see if it would fix the problem. Now I've lost the actually temperature reading.

Are the row, column and column span data all set to 0 the culprit? I can't find what those actually do...
    Attached Files

Comment

Update Zwave Plugin

I did get it to work by updating to Zwave Plugin 3.0.1.48

Comment

GoControl GC-TBZ48 Operating Status is not updating

I just installed the Go Control GC-TBZ48 thermostat. It enrolled easily to HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 on a hometrollerSEL running Zwave 3.0.1.190.

The only issue I am having is the Device Operating State is not showing up properly in HS. For example, the current actual operating state is Cooling (AC is on and blowing cold air and stat shows snowflake) and HS is showing the operating state as Idle (value 0).

I have rescanned and optimized with no change. Anyone have any ideas?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jbeletti View Post
          I just installed the Go Control GC-TBZ48 thermostat. It enrolled easily to HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 on a hometrollerSEL running Zwave 3.0.1.190.

The only issue I am having is the Device Operating State is not showing up properly in HS. For example, the current actual operating state is Cooling (AC is on and blowing cold air and stat shows snowflake) and HS is showing the operating state as Idle (value 0).

I have rescanned and optimized with no change. Anyone have any ideas?
          Mine all report properly. I have 8 of them. 5 of them would not report as received new. There is a parameter for reporting and on the 5 it was set incorrectly.

It is parameter 23 (2 bytes) that sets the reporting. Setting parameter 23 to 2042 will report everything except battery, 10,239 reports everything including battery. If you are curious what the current value is, blank the setting (not 0, but blank), click submit, click "set", it will return the current value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	1197493

Simply sum the values of what you want reported, select the parameter, enter the value in the root configuration and set.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1197492

Here is the chart. The parameter guide is attached.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1197490
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy - thanks!

I tried 2032 a number of times before I calculated the value based on your input. 2047 is the value I needed per your graphic which I hadn't yet looked at.

So 2047 does make it all show except battery - thanks!

As for my main issue of Operation State being stuck on Idle, it seems to be cured but I think it cured before I poked the new value into parameter 23.

By the way, for the graphic for Device Mode, for Auto Mode, the default path and filename for the graphic did not contain the graphic (SEL box). I navigated to images/HomeSeer/contemporary/auto-mode.png for the correct image. Of course, each time I rescan the node, I lose this path and have to redo it. Hopefully I'm done doing that. Just curious if this is a Homeseer issue and if anyone else had it.

Thanks again Randy!
            Attached Files

Comment

hey @rpade - I'm having issues with these thermostats not updating the operating state when things like AC kick on. Pretty sure its on the t-stat side because if I set the cool setpoint to cooler than the current temp, it'll kick on the AC but Operating State stays at Idle. If I then poll zwave devices, it shows up as 'cooling'. I've set param 23 to 2047 but it still doesnt seem to be working. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                hey @rpade - I'm having issues with these thermostats not updating the operating state when things like AC kick on. Pretty sure its on the t-stat side because if I set the cool setpoint to cooler than the current temp, it'll kick on the AC but Operating State stays at Idle. If I then poll zwave devices, it shows up as 'cooling'. I've set param 23 to 2047 but it still doesnt seem to be working. Thoughts?
                I have parameter 23 set to 8319 and all works correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I have parameter 23 set to 8319 and all works correctly.
                  What zwave plugin version are you on?

Comment

What zwave plugin version are you on?
                    I am on z-wave 234 and HS3 470.

Comment

I am on z-wave 234 and HS3 470.
                      windows or linux? I'm on 472 (linux) and 234 as well. It's strange, they sometimes send operating state correctly, but then they just stop.

Comment

windows or linux? I'm on 472 (linux) and 234 as well. It's strange, they sometimes send operating state correctly, but then they just stop.
                        Windows 10. Did you try 8319? One trick people have found works is to go back to 190 z-wave and exclude/include and then after it comes in and is working then go back to 234.

Comment

Windows 10. Did you try 8319? One trick people have found works is to go back to 190 z-wave and exclude/include and then after it comes in and is working then go back to 234.
                          Interesting, I may give that a try. I noticed if I re-scan the device, they come back with 8319, but if I try try to 'get' the param, it shows 2407. Not sure if its taking the default value from the thermostat (which appears to be 8319) or if the param is not actually getting set.

Comment

Interesting, I may give that a try. I noticed if I re-scan the device, they come back with 8319, but if I try try to 'get' the param, it shows 2407. Not sure if its taking the default value from the thermostat (which appears to be 8319) or if the param is not actually getting set.
                            So if you select parameter 23 with the value box empty it returns 2407. Have you entered 8319 and selected the set button to see what it does?

Comment

So if you select parameter 23 with the value box empty it returns 2407. Have you entered 8319 and selected the set button to see what it does?
                              Yes - I've entered 8319 and set it. When I do that, it takes the setting (as it does with 2407) but I don't see any difference in behavior. I've just downgraded the zwave plugin, excluded and re-added a tstat and confirmed there are no changes in behaviors really, its still reporting incorrectly.
                              If I set the fan to 'On', then poll, it gets the right state back still, so it still seems its something on the thermostat itself still, but could certainly be something with the way that the zwave plugin is interacting with the tstat.

Comment

Working...
                              X