Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to get the node number

Could a way to get the node number be added?

Comment

Do you mean when a device is added, or after its added?

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
      Could a way to get the node number be added?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Node Number

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Do you mean when a device is added, or after its added?
        After it had been added, going back into a large system and discovering each switch's node number.

i know I can use a Z-Troller, but using the cell phone would be great.

Comment

The problem with that is that the Z-Wave interface (in this case the Z-Net or USB interface) has to be very close to the device you are detecting because the node information frame does not route. So if I added the ability to get the node info it most likely would only work for devices close to the controller, not ideal.

If you have a Z-Troller, you can add it as a secondary controller to your HS system and then carry that around to get the node #'s. Just remember to power it off when you are not using it.

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
          After it had been added, going back into a large system and discovering each switch's node number.

i know I can use a Z-Troller, but using the cell phone would be great.

Comment

Z-Tool+ Can not connect

I installed the Z-Tool+ app and it sees my HS3 server, but a message appears that "Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)"
            I have the Enable control using JSON, checked.
            I am using .206 and Z-Wave 3.1.37

Comment

If you to find.homeseer.com with a web browser, does your system appear there? If so, can you click on the link to access it?

Originally posted by KSO View Post
              I installed the Z-Tool+ app and it sees my HS3 server, but a message appears that "Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)"
              I have the Enable control using JSON, checked.
              I am using .206 and Z-Wave 3.1.37

Comment

If you to find.homeseer.com with a web browser, does your system appear there? If so, can you click on the link to access it?
                Yes it appears, and the link takes me to my HS3.

Comment

Odd, it should be working then, all the app does is connect to the IP address given by find.homeseer.com. What kind of device are you using and is it on the same wireless network as the PC you tried? Do you have another mobile device to try? It sounds like your mobile device cannot get to HS3. Can you bring up find.homeseer.com on the device you are running Z-Tool+ on, then connect to HS3.

Originally posted by KSO View Post
                  Yes it appears, and the link takes me to my HS3.

Comment

Odd, it should be working then, all the app does is connect to the IP address given by find.homeseer.com. What kind of device are you using and is it on the same wireless network as the PC you tried? Do you have another mobile device to try? It sounds like your mobile device cannot get to HS3. Can you bring up find.homeseer.com on the device you are running Z-Tool+ on, then connect to HS3.
                    OK, it works if I join the correct network channel. I was on the guest channel

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.
                      Any progress on this?

Comment

Z-Tools+ Version 1.9 Broke ??

I have two different iPAD's that cannot get the Z-Tools+ application to work. Safari can connect to find.homeseer.com however Z-Tools+ immediately opens and then crashes.

I just received my HomeSeer products and so far I am not having any luck getting them to talk to a HomeTroller Zee S2 (US).

Comment

I see the issue with Z-Tool+ on IOS, looking into it.

Comment

Appears to be an issue with IOS 11 only but has been fixed. Version 1.11 has been submitted and is awaiting Apple approval.

Comment

Erm, apparently not supported on iphone latest ios 10.3.3. Pitty sounds good product.
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                                Erm, apparently not supported on iphone latest ios 10.3.3. Pitty sounds good product.
                                I have been using Z-Tool successfully on my iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11, 12 beta, and now final iOS 12. Honestly can't remember what was happening with iOS 10, since it's been quite a while since then. But I don't recall issues...

Comment

Working...
                                X