ST812 Everspring Flood Sensor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST812 Everspring Flood Sensor issues

With the latest HS version HS 2.5.0.49, I have different children for a ST812 Everspring Flood Sensor. It now has an enable/disable option for the alarm. The problem for me is that it doesn't matter which setting I use, when I dunk the sensor probe in water there is no alarm. I've tried rescanning, removing/reimporting, deleting children and re-addding, etc., all to no avail. Does anyone have this working with 2.5.0.49 ok?

Also, the wake up time in Configuration only allows me to Set a maximum of 4 hours, whereas with previous versions I was ablt to Set 24 hours wake up to conserve battery. Does anyone have the same limitation with theirs?

It's also possible I have a bad ST812.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Have you tried:
    1) rescanning the device
    2) manually adding an association with the root of the ST and HS?

Nicolai
    Nicolai L

Comment

Yup, per above, rescanned, and just about everything else you can to a ZW device. Yes, associations are set to HS, thanks. All I need is for someone with an ST812 and running HS 2.5.0.49 to post if theirs alarms ok through HS and then I will know it's my device that's at fault.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I guess the ST812 and I needed a break, as now after rebooting HS and putting in new batteries I can now get alarms ok. Also, I answered my own question about the wake up time as it now states clearly on the configuration screen that it has to be between 1 and 4 hours.
        For anyone's interest I've attached images of the device screen of a Homemanageables predecessor to the Evergreen flood sensor and the Evergreen - the curious difference is the Evergreen having alarm enable/disable buttons. The log also attached below does show the alarm being enabled and disabled, but the actual water alarm notification works exactly the same either way. I'm guessing this is a feature that Rich/Rick have added to .49, but I don't know what the alarm enable/disable is meant to help with or if I'm using it right???
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Olbrit

I have few question for you about EverSprint 812-2, maybe you can help me.
          1. As soon as i put the back cover on the sensor, its stops responding is this expected behavior ?
          2. When testing device in Z-Seer i get 100% Last Packets on Response Test, is that normal as well???

Thank you.

Borik

Comment

Hi Borik,
            To preface, I bought my ST812's about 2 to 3 years ago, so I don't know what, if any, are the differences between mine and the current ST812-2 like yours. However, I will assume they work the same.

1. I don't actually recall doing any testing with the back cover off, so it's hard for me to say if the cover makes a difference. Is it possible that one of the batteries is somehow losing contact when pressed? I would try gently sandpapering all of the battery terminals and the ST812-2 tabs and make sure they are fully extended so battery contact is nice and firm.

Just in case, I assume that you started off putting the ST812-2 next to your Controller, then installed the batteries, pressed the link key, replaced the back cover, did a successful HS add/import, checked HS is associated, set the wake up to 4 hours, optimized and tested the water sensor ok? Or is it in that last part it goes wrong for you? I'm not sure how you define 'stops responding'. I do all of this right next to the Controller so I know everything works well, then I remove/replace the batteries again (gives me about 5 minutes awake time for the next stage), replace the cover, move it to the final location, optimize 4 times and finally full optimize 4 times. I never had a problem with the water sensor giving me water alarms thereafter.

However don't expect the low battery condition to be reliable - I created an event to remind me to replace the batteries annually regardless.

2. None of my battery devices can be polled so your ZSeer result sounds correct, it won't/can't respond.

Hope some that helps. Feel welcome to post back more details if not.
            Last edited by Olbrit; August 1, 2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Thank you for reply.

1. In testing all my testing with sensor status never changed, and remains "No Status", I set it to wake up every 5 min... btw configuration screen says that it has to be between 1 min and 4 hours.

2. It appears that when i put back cover(not the battery cover), it pushes in the button, and as soon as i do that i cant even access option of the device.

Thank you again

Borik

Comment

Hi Borik, I'm a little confused. In my image at the top of this thread the Root Device 178 shows No Status - all my other battery Root Devices (like door sensors, temp/humid, etc.) are also always No Status and never change.

What changes is the Water Leak Alarm Child that goes from OK to In Alarm. If you don't have that Child in your device list then your ST812-2 may not be fully added/imported.

Can you post a screen capture of what your ST812-2 Device List looks like, similar to my image at the top?

(Yes, I found after I posted originally that, as you say, I could only set a max of 4 hours wake up with the newer software, I prefered when I could set 24 hours, but it's not a big deal, the alarm still triggers whenever there's water present).

If the back cover is really the problem then I suggest you call Mark at HS as he's really good at helping out with replacements.

Comment

Hi Olbrit, thank you for helping me out.

I just got a bit further by replacing batteries. and for the first time my alert changed from "Unknown" to "Type 2, Level 1 ", witch is according to manual a power on event.

But it doesn't change to anything else, here is what i mean...

Thank you

Borik

Comment

Hmm picture didn't come trough, lets thy this way

Comment

Ok so i got even further now...

It appears that my water sensor wasn't completely added to HS, and on device rescan, i got extra child device now.

So now i have new question if alarm notification is instant, what is the Wake up interval for? Does the Better Level changes or is always at 100%?

Thank you

Borik

Comment

That looks great now Borik! I assume that the Water Sensor-Water Leak Alarm successfully changes to an Alarm status when you dunk the sensor in water?

I think the wake up interval is for the sensor to routinely wake up and report its status (the manual section 3-2 has some kind of explanation), but as it does not affect the instant status of alarms, I always set it to the current maximum in HS, which is 4 hours, to conserve battery life.

I found the battery level to stay at 100% for a year+ and then either drop very quickly, or more likely just die without warning and the device goes offline. If the sensor is in the house where you live then you can keep an eye on it and change batteries when needed. In my case the sensor is in a house 1500 miles away so if the batteries die they stay that way for 3 months until I go there again; that's why I religiously change batteries every 12 months even though HS still reports 100% battery status. (Bit like my smoke alarm battery annual changeout routine...)

Comment

Hi Olbrit

You are right is Water Sensor-Water Leak Alarm successfully changes to an Alarm status when i dunk the sensor in water.

Also you mentioned that device goes offline when battery dies, how can you tell its offline?

I am planing to put it in very hard to reach place, and dont want to check it more then once a year.

Thank you
                          Borik

Comment

Hey Borik,
                            Before I started replacing the batteries annually, if a battery did not send its reducing level so I knew it was dying, then the only other ways I could tell it had gone offline were if it did not respond through HS when testing the water sensor (wet finger for 2 seconds!), or trying to reoptimize.

Typically I used to test mine once a quarter, but since I got in the habit of replacing the batteries annually regardless of their reported level, then I never had a failure again. At this stage I'm confident enough to reduce my testing to twice a year.

You say you're going to put yours in a hard to reach place, so I'd suggest you use high quality, long life batteries like energizer Ultimate Lithium and replace the batteries if they power a real sustained alarm.

Comment

Hey Olbrit,

Thank you for info.

It's would be wonderful if HomeSeer would show last time device woke up, and maybe have some kind of alarm if device didn't wake up or missed 2 wake up periods in the row.

Borik

Comment

Working...
                              X