This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon devices lost after HS upgrade, events broken

After upgrading from HS 3.0.0.298 to 3.0.0318 all Insteon devices were gone. I followed the instructions in another post and restored the entire contents of the insteon.ini file from the bottom of the insteon error report log file in the pre-upgrade backup and this restored all of the devices. The problem is that none of the events that involve an Insteon device work and the events page shows (select a device) everywhere there was a device. I have a lot of complex events so going through each one would be a royal pain in the you know what...

Is there a way to restore these easily? The backup I have is from when I was on the old version, so if I restore homeseer to that previous version backup, would there be some sort of a config mismatch? If not, could you please direct me to instructions on how to restore these events from backup while messing up a little other stuff as possible?

Thanks,
    Mark

i'll have to speak with HST on this issue.

You need to restore an insteon.ini and homeseer database together.

I think you can restore an older homeseer db and the newer app will upgrade it as necessary
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks.. Do I need to post this to a different part of the forum, or will you follow up?

Comment

you might ask elsewhere about restoring an older db to .318, but otherwise I can help you get your insteon devices back
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The devices are back. The issue now is that the events that involve the insteon devices no longer reference them. How is this rectified without rebuilding all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkSeer View Post
            The devices are back. The issue now is that the events that involve the insteon devices no longer reference them. How is this rectified without rebuilding all of them?
            you must restore a good insteon.ini and homeseer database from the same backup timeframe
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm seeing the same problem. I restore from a previous backup, but once I update the Interface port for insteon, and restart, all of my devices disappear.

Insteon plugin version 3.0.6.0
              HS3 v3.0.0.318

Comment

Originally posted by tomstechnic View Post
                I'm seeing the same problem. I restore from a previous backup, but once I update the Interface port for insteon, and restart, all of my devices disappear.

Insteon plugin version 3.0.6.0
                HS3 v3.0.0.318
                please restore an Insteon.ini and corresponding HS database

This problem is with HS. It's shuting down and not closing the ini properly
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Lost insteon.ini after HS3 Update

Hi Guys,
                  Same thing on my system after updating my Zee2, lost the basic config and all devices. The event were there, but broken (device less). All the z-wave was working perfectly (device and event). I finally recreated an .ini file from a cut and paste of an old insteon error report. Still have to reassign the devices in the event but that is only an annoyance.

Francois

Comment

did you try restoring a previous homeseer hsd file, and insteon.ini
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,
                      I've posted a new version in the beta section of the Updater that should help with the original issue here: losing the insteon.ini
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X