HS stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS stopped working

Now I have a new problem. I disconnected the Z-troller from HomeTroller (while both were on) to add my new Leviton relay switch. Now nothing works. The Z-toller was not manageble from Setup>Interfaces; I played with it until it finally showed up again, but now it doesnt conrtol anything. It won't recognize the Kitchen switch which has always been low on connections to neighbors. It also shows status unknown for several other Z-wave devices. I disconnected Z-troller from computers before while both were on with no problem.

Will I have to resotore the HomeTroller and start everything over from scratch again?

Would it do any good to erase Z-troller or remove batteries? Can I restore Z-troller from HS?

I beginning to think I should have stuck with X-10, at least it was stable.

Were you able to add the new switch?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I was able to add the switch. See attached for bad status reports and bad polling results. The ACRFis working and Hometroller is annoucing as it should the garage door opening and closing.
      Attached Files

Comment

I checked z-seer and all of the nodes that were green are now yellow or don't have any response.

Comment

Have you added any new wireless devices in the house since this started? Certain baby monitors are using a frequency that can cause Z-Wave issues.

Comment

No, I replaced a Z-wave switch node 47 with an new one that became node 67. I did not delete the faulty switch. Could that be the problem? It started after I added the new switch to the Z-troller. When I upload devices from Z-troller it keeps adding Node 47 and I deleted it from HomeSeer.

I don't think any of the neighbors would have anything that would interfer. I have WiFi devices, but those have been working long before this started.

Comment

You should always use the remove/delete function on the Z-Troller to remove a switch before physically removing it fromt he wall.
              Try using the Configuration options on the node that was removed , then: "Remove Failed Nodes". Your Z-Wave controller has to be primary controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                You should always use the remove/delete function on the Z-Troller to remove a switch before physically removing it fromt he wall.
                Try using the Configuration options on the node that was removed , then: "Remove Failed Nodes". Your Z-Wave controller has to be primary controller.
                I tried this and it worked.
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X