SonosController Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and another one

31-12-2011 15:31:40 SonosController ZonePlayer Living Room has been disconnected from the network in myDeviceFinderCallBack_DeviceLost.
    31-12-2011 15:31:43 SonosController ZonePlayer Living Room reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect
    31-12-2011 15:31:43 SonosController Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Living Room: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E588908BC01400
    31-12-2011 15:31:44 SonosController Callback received for Zone Living Room with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E588908BC01400 and Model = S5
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController AvTransportCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController RenderingControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController ContentDirectoryControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController ZoneGroupTopology ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController GroupManagement ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController AlarmClock ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController AudioInCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController DevicePropertiesCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:45 SonosController Service callbacks established for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:50 SonosController ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for Living Room. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 201920664 <> 333645464
    31-12-2011 15:31:53 SonosController Search for ZonePlayer Living Room complete.
    31-12-2011 15:31:53 SonosController Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Living Room: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E588908BC01400
    31-12-2011 15:31:54 SonosController Callback received for Zone Living Room with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E588908BC01400 and Model = S5
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController AvTransportCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController RenderingControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController ContentDirectoryControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController ZoneGroupTopology ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController GroupManagement ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController AlarmClock ControlCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController AudioInCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController DevicePropertiesCallback added for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController Service callbacks established for zoneplayer = Living Room
    31-12-2011 15:31:55 SonosController myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound found AudioInputName = Line-In
    31-12-2011 15:32:02 SonosController Search for ZonePlayer Living Room complete.

Comment

Lost connection

tCC,

you get this when the plugin (or better Microsoft's UPNP subsystem) loses contact with the player. You'll get this typically when your player boots (example SW upgrade), network problems/congestion or network reconfigurations. I see it a lot on my players, when I boot up/power down a player, especially wireless ones; Sonos does maintain its own wireless "network" and if that get reconfigured because a player was added or removed, the UPnP subsystem seems to get disconnected as well. I also get this when my PC was put to sleep/awoken or perhaps your Ethernet port that got powered down.

The error you see is harmless but shouldn't be there. The UPnP subsystem is a bit finicky, most of the times the object can just rediscover the player but sometimes, the object itself is dead and I need to recreated it. What I haven't figured out is some race condition where the events from the old object and the new object intersect, really a benign error.

Before I forget, nothing in the last 20 or so beta was changed in this area ..... at least not intentionally

Dirk

Comment

okay, thanks for the reply.

I've restarted HomeSeer to see if that helps, the Sonos player itself never boots

Comment

it's indeed the (wireless) netwerk connection itself, sigh, thnx

Comment

New beta v.77 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.77:

• My music screens are not updated when my iPad HSTouch client reconnects. Pretty sure it is a problem with either HS server or the iPad client but I've added sending some track-change events which seems to do the trick

Comment

New beta v.78 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.78:

• When you select music by specifying an album, the resulting tracks will be sorted by track number and not by trackname. If you select tracks without an album (all tracks or all tracks from an artist or genre), the tracknames will remain sorted by name.

Comment

New beta v.79 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.79:

• Fixed this benign start up error "Error in UpdateHS updating other linked zones. SourceZone=Family Room. TargetZone=RINCON_000E58526B2001400. Error = Object variable or With block variable not set."
                • Event player state change missing after announcement

Comment

Hi dirk,

I'm considering sonos as a whole-house music and homeseer announcement system for an AP800 driven mic system. Can you tell me how much delay is there between homeseer dispatching the announcement and sonos speakers playing it?

I would like to add that input to be echo-cancelled by the AP800 but worried the delay is too great to even work.

Thanks in advance,

-Leo
                  HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                    Hi dirk,

I'm considering sonos as a whole-house music and homeseer announcement system for an AP800 driven mic system. Can you tell me how much delay is there between homeseer dispatching the announcement and sonos speakers playing it?

I would like to add that input to be echo-cancelled by the AP800 but worried the delay is too great to even work.

Thanks in advance,

-Leo
                    At best it would take 1 to 2 seconds to link the players and stream the announcement. The more players you have the longer it is going to take.

I'm somewhat confused with what you are trying to accomplish. Echo-cancellers would be effective if you stream real-time from microphone to speakers. That's not what is meant by announcements for this plug-in, it is converting text to speech and stream the file via the Sonos system. Maybe you are interested in the latency of a Sonos audio input to it's output, is that the question? That latency is very small but you're probably better off posting that question on the Sonos forums.

Dirk

Comment

Latest beta .v79 was posted on the updater

Just FYI but v79 is now the latest official release and available on the updater.
                      Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                        At best it would take 1 to 2 seconds to link the players and stream the announcement. The more players you have the longer it is going to take.
                        Oh, that doesn't sound too good. But I've already pulled the trigger on some Sonos pieces anyway.

I'm somewhat confused with what you are trying to accomplish. Echo-cancellers would be effective if you stream real-time from microphone to speakers. That's not what is meant by announcements for this plug-in, it is converting text to speech and stream the file via the Sonos system.
                        Oops, I guess I used the wrong term. Should've said 'noise cancelling'.

Ref: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109542 (Paul's master thread on AP800)

Basically the AP800 can take audio inputs that it'll filter out of the mic line to improve HS voice recognition performance. I've read people feeding the AP800 background music line, HA announcement audio and even outdoor microphones to filter out environmental noises.

Maybe you are interested in the latency of a Sonos audio input to it's output, is that the question? That latency is very small but you're probably better off posting that question on the Sonos forums.
                        I'm interested to know the time difference between the PC soundcard outputting the HS Annoucement audio and the (selected) Sonos speaker(s) playing out that audio. If the time difference is less than a second, I think it should be safe?
                        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Oops, I guess I used the wrong term. Should've said 'noise cancelling'.
                          Basically the AP800 can take audio inputs that it'll filter out of the mic line to improve HS voice recognition performance. I've read people feeding the AP800 background music line, HA announcement audio and even outdoor microphones to filter out environmental noises.
                          If noise cancelling, I don't think that any delay of Sonos will matter. From what I understand that Paul (and you) want to do, is you hook up one Sonos output to the AP800 and it will use that to filter out the music (or announcement) that is playing from what it picks up from the microphone(s) that you use for VR. All of this is in real-time, as far as I can tell, not influenced of how long it takes to link and actually play the announcement.

Dirk

Comment

If noise cancelling, I don't think that any delay of Sonos will matter. From what I understand that Paul (and you) want to do, is you hook up one Sonos output to the AP800 and it will use that to filter out the music (or announcement) that is playing from what it picks up from the microphone(s) that you use for VR. All of this is in real-time, as far as I can tell, not influenced of how long it takes to link and actually play the announcement.
                            If I have to feed Sonos' output back to AP800, that means I will have to run audio wires to all of the Sonos devices; because the announcements could be sent to individual Sonos/rooms or groups of Sonos.

More over, not all Sonos devices have line-out. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

If I have to feed Sonos' output back to AP800, that means I will have to run audio wires to all of the Sonos devices; because the announcements could be sent to individual Sonos/rooms or groups of Sonos.

More over, not all Sonos devices have line-out. Please correct me if I'm wrong?
                              OK, I think I now understand where you want to go. You had in mind to take the output feed of the speaker client and run that in the the AP800 and have it "subtract" it from what the microphones are picking up, that it? In that case, you would have to use the plugin in "non Speak-to-file" mode, meaning, you have to have one of your zones physically connected to what I assume the same speaker client output as the one you had in mind to hook up to the AP800. So now, the only problem is the latency added by the sonos player for it to digitize your analogue input, stream it to other players, sync output and then convert back to analogue. I have no idea what that (added) latency is, that is something for you to find an answer on the Sonos forums. Having that said, depending on how "intelligent" the AP800 is, it might actually not work, it all depends on how the AP800 was designed. If it is somewhat more "analogue" where different inputs are extracted from each other, this won't work. If it is digital and the AP800 can "delay" your microphone input to match up with the (added) latency by the Sonos player, a DSP could then subtract (or filter out) one from the other.

Are these microphones going to be in different rooms or in one room? You could use two microphones with one being next to the Sonos speaker and use that to filter out what the other microphone is picking up.

Alternatively, you could just not speak while there is an announcement

In fact wouldn't your biggest challenge be when you have lot's of ambient noise, like when you play music and you are trying to say something to the VR system?

Assuming you have the mike in one room, you would solve that by buying one more sonos player (note I have zero affiliation with them), install it right next to the AP800, hook that player's output to your AP800 and now it can be used to filter out whatever it is playing, whether it is music or an announcement.

Cheers

Dirk

Comment

OK, I think I now understand where you want to go. You had in mind to take the output feed of the speaker client and run that in the the AP800 and have it "subtract" it from what the microphones are picking up, that it?
                                Yup, that's it!!

Are these microphones going to be in different rooms or in one room? You could use two microphones with one being next to the Sonos speaker and use that to filter out what the other microphone is picking up.
                                They're going to be in different rooms. That's a very interesting solution for those players without line-out

Alternatively, you could just not speak while there is an announcement
                                lol you got me there. But I also have concerns that (parts of) the HS Announcements are picked back up by the system as voice commands?

In fact wouldn't your biggest challenge be when you have lot's of ambient noise, like when you play music and you are trying to say something to the VR system?
                                Yes, that's right..

Assuming you have the mike in one room, you would solve that by buying one more sonos player (note I have zero affiliation with them), install it right next to the AP800, hook that player's output to your AP800 and now it can be used to filter out whatever it is playing, whether it is music or an announcement.
                                Another interesting idea... except that I'm not made of money (yet)
                                I'll try some of those out... the tricky thing is that the house that I'm installing this to has concrete walls and dry-wall ceilings, so it's not easy to reconfigure the cable positions and so forth...

Comment

Working...
                                X