X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear from you Antonio. I have not received the notification yet for my iPad replacement. Does it take a while or do you need anything else? Thanks

Comment

Quick Question on the Push notifications. Will the notifications be delivered to the clients if they are not connected to the same network? Will they be delivered via the MyHomeSeer connection?

Thanks,

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by HTGeek View Post
        Quick Question on the Push notifications. Will the notifications be delivered to the clients if they are not connected to the same network? Will they be delivered via the MyHomeSeer connection?

Thanks,

-Dave
        Hi Dave,

The push notifications are sent from your HS3 server, through either Apple or Google's push notification services, just like the notifications you get for most other apps in your phone. There is no need for the phone to be on the same network as your HS3 server, and it does not rely on MyHomeSeer either.

Thanks,
        Antonio

Comment

When will a new version be deployed ? - I think my profile should be among validated profiles since i switched mobile.

Whats in general the process for making it a public AppStore App ? - I guess it would ease your work significantly

Comment

Originally posted by levring View Post
            When will a new version be deployed ? - I think my profile should be among validated profiles since i switched mobile.

Whats in general the process for making it a public AppStore App ? - I guess it would ease your work significantly
            Yes, I switched phones as well and haven't been able to continue using HSBuddy on that new device.

Comment

Hey Antonio,

I just sent you a PM to request access to the iOS app. I'm adding a note here just in case it doesn't go through.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey all,

Unfortunately, I'm currently at the maximum number of devices that can be registered for ad-hoc distribution. So now I'm looking into adding HSBuddy to the app store for iOS. It will take me a few days to get it started, and approval can take a couple weeks. If you've simply replaced a device and know your previous and new UDIDs then I can swap them and you'd be able to use the app in the next couple days. Just send me the details on a PM.

Thanks!
                Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                  Hey all,

Unfortunately, I'm currently at the maximum number of devices that can be registered for ad-hoc distribution. So now I'm looking into adding HSBuddy to the app store for iOS. It will take me a few days to get it started, and approval can take a couple weeks. If you've simply replaced a device and know your previous and new UDIDs then I can swap them and you'd be able to use the app in the next couple days. Just send me the details on a PM.

Thanks!
                  Antonio.
                  Thx. Sent my old and new device ids.

Comment

Version 1.0.22

Quick note:

A new version of the app is out for both iOS and Android. This new version lets you set a 'local' connection override. Set it if you would like your phone/tablet to connect to your HS3 via local WiFi while at home, but still be able to connect using MyHomeSeer or your own DNS when connecting from anywhere else. You can choose this new setting at the bottom of the Connection configuration page.

Also, in this new version you will find at the top-left corner of the app two icons that will show when the 'local' connection override is active (a Home icon) as well as one to let you know when the ASCII connection is established (an @ icon). This new version includes a few reliability fixes for ASCII.

Minimal tests were performed on both iOS and Android Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Links to the new versions below. Cheers!
                    Antonio.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
                    Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
                    Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                      Quick note:

A new version of the app is out for both iOS and Android. This new version lets you set a 'local' connection override. Set it if you would like your phone/tablet to connect to your HS3 via local WiFi while at home, but still be able to connect using MyHomeSeer or your own DNS when connecting from anywhere else. You can choose this new setting at the bottom of the Connection configuration page.

Also, in this new version you will find at the top-left corner of the app two icons that will show when the 'local' connection override is active (a Home icon) as well as one to let you know when the ASCII connection is established (an @ icon). This new version includes a few reliability fixes for ASCII.

Minimal tests were performed on both iOS and Android Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Links to the new versions below. Cheers!
                      Antonio.

Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.
                      Nice, I have always manually switched to MyHomeseer when away from home. . .

Comment

Antonio, it would be great to add support for thermostat setpoint (heat or cool) control. It shows the values but cannot control it in the app. Thanks

Comment

Version 1.0.23 (Android only)

Hello!

A new version is available in HockeyApp. This update is only for Android. It makes it possible to add dynamic shortcuts to HSBuddy. Dynamic shortcuts show when you perform a long tap on the HSBuddy icon from your launcher/home screen. This feature, which was only available in the iOS version of the app (using 3d touch) is now available for Android devices with Nougat or later.

Light testing was performed before releasing the app - please let me know if anything looks weird after updating!

Thanks,
                          Antonio

Comment

any update on the app store for IOS?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb View Post
                              any update on the app store for IOS?
                              Not much yet, cleaning up the project so it can be submitted to the store has been taking me a little longer than expected

Thankfully there were a few people who reached out with UDIDs from old phones no longer in use, which gave me a little room to take in a few more users meanwhile.

Comment

Version 1.0.25

A couple more updates have gone up to HockeyApp, both for iOS and Android:
                                • Support adding shortcuts to cameras.
                                • Support pinning shortcuts (Android only). These are independent shortcuts that show up in the home screen, and there is no limit to how many you can add.
                                • Minor improvements in reliability for cameras

There is also a new version of the HSBuddy plugin for HS3 (version 3.5.1118.14) which improves reliability and performance for cameras.

As always, let me know if anything looks weird after the update.

Thanks,
                                Antonio

Comment

Working...
                                X