No announcement yet.

Status changeing/not updating on IH dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Beta we are making some changes to events, but the goal is to make it more robust. Before, if one plugin is slow to respond, it would impact all plugins. But 390 still has some issues, can you please try build 391 and see if you still see your issue:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_391.msi
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich I been on 391 since yesterday (almost 24 hours) and the issue with slow updates like Tom posted seem to have went away so far. The other issue I have I know is still there as it happened earlier today.

I'll keep digging.

Comment

ok.... tell me now to copy logs faster.

I turned on trace... and got a ton of logs over 90 seconds. just clicking and dragging in the log window (after turning updates off) takes me about 10 minutes to grab it all for some reason... and then it wouldn't copy to word. no idea why.

is there a faster way? :-)

this is definitely still happening .. but i'm still on v387

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          ok.... tell me now to copy logs faster.

I turned on trace... and got a ton of logs over 90 seconds. just clicking and dragging in the log window (after turning updates off) takes me about 10 minutes to grab it all for some reason... and then it wouldn't copy to word. no idea why.

is there a faster way? :-)

this is definitely still happening .. but i'm still on v387
          since you say it still happen, could you answer this question:
          To rule out (a), could you confirm that when the problem happens the status of the light in HS3 is set to On without delay?

if you can't copy/paste logs, just use the log to file feature, and post the full log file (Logs/ImperiHome.txt). You will need to tell me the exact time you turned on the light.

and as Rich said, it's best if you update to .391

Comment

will try update next... but just for now... here is the log.

ran the test between 806am and 807 am.

Turned table lamp (device 337) on.
            on IH dash, lightbulb icon shoes on, then goes off within a second
            on HS3 device page, device icon goes on immediately,.. and STAYS ON
            roughly 10 seconds later, lightbulb updates in IH dashboard to on.

Waited a few seconds... then turned table lamp off. Same exact behavior.

log to file worked... txt file 3319KB. won't let me upload :-(

Comment

will try update next... but just for now... here is the log.

ran the test between 806am and 807 am.

Turned table lamp (device 337) on.
              on IH dash, lightbulb icon shoes on, then goes off within a second
              on HS3 device page, device icon goes on immediately,.. and STAYS ON
              roughly 10 seconds later, lightbulb updates in IH dashboard to on.

Waited a few seconds... then turned table lamp off. Same exact behavior.

log to file worked... txt file 3319KB. won't let me upload :-(
              zip it and post, or send it to me by email at spud.webb.4@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                zip it and post, or send it to me by email at spud.webb.4@gmail.com
                thanks. just sent.
                also just updated to 193 as well.... seems to be working at the moment. but it could be just because I restarted HS3 as well.

Comment

thanks. just sent.
                  also just updated to 193 as well.... seems to be working at the moment. but it could be just because I restarted HS3 as well.
                  got it thanks.

Rich, the logs that Tom sent me confirm the problem, i.e a device's value is changed, but the plugin is notified 20 seconds later through the HSEvent

Tom, let us know if you can replicate the same problem with .391

Comment

For this device I see on your screenshots you have Home/Away controls. When the problem happens (i.e status not updated in IH), could you use these controls to force a change of status back and forth and provide a Trace logs of this.

I want to know if HS3 notifies the plugin of the device status change.

Thanks
                    Ok, I have more logs and info on this. This time a different device but same virtual switch (I'm thinking all my problems are with virtual switches, and that might be valuable info). This time its Garry Master Home/Away on a different HS3 system at a different house.

Device is 224 in Homeseer and Y45 identifier on the mobile app. Logs are attached.

I started trace turned device on and off few sec later then turned off trace.

Even now as we speak its not synced up with the last change time or the correct status. But I can restart the plugin or refresh the plugin in the settings then all will be back for a short time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

got it thanks.

Rich, the logs that Tom sent me confirm the problem, i.e a device's value is changed, but the plugin is notified 20 seconds later through the HSEvent

Tom, let us know if you can replicate the same problem with .391
                      I think this problem is gone with .391. Atleast for me it is. I have been running it for over 24 hours and that issue was constant for me. It hasn't happened once since I update that I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                        Ok, I have more logs and info on this. This time a different device but same virtual switch (I'm thinking all my problems are with virtual switches, and that might be valuable info). This time its Garry Master Home/Away on a different HS3 system at a different house.

Device is 224 in Homeseer and Y45 identifier on the mobile app. Logs are attached.

I started trace turned device on and off few sec later then turned off trace.

Even now as we speak its not synced up with the last change time or the correct status. But I can restart the plugin or refresh the plugin in the settings then all will be back for a short time.
                        Can you post a screenshot of the "status graphic" tab for this virtual device?
                        thanks

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the "status graphic" tab for this virtual device?
                          thanks
                          Here you go but I just cought it doing it to a BLLAN device as well. Said the device was online when it wasn't and last change time was updated. I have the app open in front of me and 1-3 sec after I hit the reload button in the plugin settings the device updates correctly without touching the phone.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And after I reloaded it, it worked but then he left and came back and it's still showing gone in the phone app with no updated time change and in HS the device is correct. His BLLAN device is still working as of now. So this is happening very often but not to all devices.

Comment

I saw this again this morning... just on another lamp. But it was very quick... updated correctly in about a second

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw this again this morning... just on another lamp. But it was very quick... updated correctly in about a second

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                ok, let's ignore any delay < 5secs as it could be due to other factors.

Comment

Working...
                                X