Status changeing/not updating on IH dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    And after I reloaded it, it worked but then he left and came back and it's still showing gone in the phone app with no updated time change and in HS the device is correct. His BLLAN device is still working as of now. So this is happening very often but not to all devices.
    I have installed HS3 .391, but so far I'm not able to reproduce this problem.

In the version of the plugin attached I have added some more logging to help troubleshoot.

Could you install this version and recapture the problem as you did before. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

In the version of the plugin attached I have added some more logging to help troubleshoot.

Could you install this version and recapture the problem as you did before. Thanks!
      Working on this now. Thanks

Comment

I'm also having the same problems as described . Running HS3 .387, ImperiHome 3.0.0.25 and latest beta version of IH-app on IOS. Not sure when the problems started, but about a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by iceball View Post
          I'm also having the same problems as described . Running HS3 .387, ImperiHome 3.0.0.25 and latest beta version of IH-app on IOS. Not sure when the problems started, but about a week ago.
          which problem do you see exactly? the statuses in IH are updated with a delay, or they do not update at all?

did the problem started after you updated HS3 to version .387?

Could you try to update to .391 and see if you still have the same problem?

Comment

Nothing to report so far. Currently both systems havent had the issue since I updated both to your beta version 26 of IH yesterday.

And the delay on updates has been gone since hs3 update 391.

I'll keep u posted.

Comment

I have seen some slowness also. Been living with it. Everything else is stable and I haven't fancied getting in the mess with the dozens of BETA releases for the core HS3. Going to wait until there's a release and it's been out for a week or two. Will report back then.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Spud. I'm not sure what it was, but before I couldn't make it a few hours without the issue. But I have had no issues at all with .391 and version 26 of IH.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                  Spud. I'm not sure what it was, but before I couldn't make it a few hours without the issue. But I have had no issues at all with .391 and version 26 of IH.
                  That's strange, I only added 2 log lines in version .26.
                  What was the version you had before .26?

Comment

That's strange, I only added 2 log lines in version .26.
                    What was the version you had before .26?
                    .25 beta. But I seem to have been the only one with that problem altho it was on two different system. Its been I think 48 hours now and no issues.

I may roll back one of my systems to test, but seems unlikely that has anything to do with it.

Comment

Well its back. I have both delays and devices not changing now. I am still running your beta version you posted. Working on a test and log for you.

Comment

Although not directly related to Imperihome I wanted to report I started another thread in the BLRadar forum for delays and missed device value changes on the later HS3 Betas. I wasn't able to pin down a specific version it started on, but rolling back to .379 fixes the major problems. I had tried all of the later .38% versions and .391 and .393 and they all showed the same issue.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192610

I think Blade is still on vacation so he hasn't been able to respond, but maybe Spud can confirm and get some traction with Rich as something with the changes in queue handling for the plugins has had to have changed. I normally see things working fine right after a restart of HS, but not long after that I start seeing delays up to 40 seconds or the device change doesn't happen at all. While .379 there might be a few second delay from time to time it was nothing like the later betas after it and it doesn't appear to miss the commands completely.

Thanks,
                        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
                          Although not directly related to Imperihome I wanted to report I started another thread in the BLRadar forum for delays and missed device value changes on the later HS3 Betas. I wasn't able to pin down a specific version it started on, but rolling back to .379 fixes the major problems. I had tried all of the later .38% versions and .391 and .393 and they all showed the same issue.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192610

I think Blade is still on vacation so he hasn't been able to respond, but maybe Spud can confirm and get some traction with Rich as something with the changes in queue handling for the plugins has had to have changed. I normally see things working fine right after a restart of HS, but not long after that I start seeing delays up to 40 seconds or the device change doesn't happen at all. While .379 there might be a few second delay from time to time it was nothing like the later betas after it and it doesn't appear to miss the commands completely.

Thanks,
                          Jeff
                          Thanks for reporting this. What you described in the BLRadar thread is exactly what I saw in the logs posted by Tomgru in this thread.

I will try to have Rich look at it.

Comment

So I'm on .393 HS and .26 IH versions. I have attached the log. The device I was testing was "Adrianne Master Home/Away" and it's device #291.

Adrianne Master ---291
                            Adrianne Almost Home ---789
                            Jim EgiGeo ---752 (didn't manually change this one during test)

In the imperihome App (screen shot) All don't show that they are "on" or "home" with day before time stamps of last updating. But in the HS3 web UI you can see they should be on and have been on since the day before. So they never updated besides being on for hours straight. Manually changing them in the Web Ui still will not updated or change them in Imperihome most of the time. In this test only one of those three actually did update which was "Adrianne Almost Home". There is a another screen shot that shows after the testing one of those three is on now, with an updated time stamp.

EDIT: I just disabled and then re-enabled the plugin and all devices updated with correct last changed times from yesterday. Also a note I noticed the old slow to update issue was back right before I noticed these were not updating. I was turning on all my heaters and changing temps and in the App (on local wifi) they would all show on in the app after I turned them on then click back to off and stay like that for some time before they would finally go back to on like I had turned them on. Changing temps on 4 thermostats with an app that don't update was like pulling teeth.
                            Attached Files

Comment

after analyzing your logs, I reported the issues I saw to Rich, here is his answer:

Not really sure what is going. In regards to the value not being set, the value is definitely being saved in the HS data structures before your event is being called. There could be some issue with the HS call getting stale data so I made sure the data is in sync.

As for the delay, I recently added a queue per plugin to avoid an issue with one plugin not returning from HSEvent. However, I don't think this ever happens, so I backed out this change so it works as it did in the last release.

Have your users try build 395 and see if it makes a difference:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_396.msi

-Rich
                              so please install .395 and let us know if that fix the problems.
                              thanks
                              Last edited by rjh; December 13, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

after analyzing your logs, I reported the issues I saw to Rich, here is his answer:

so please install .395 and let us know if that fix the problems.
                                thanks

yeah tried that...now it says on startup...wrong version of scheduler.dll please reinstall

Comment

Working...
                                X