Tried to update to 1.0.0.141 beta - failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to update to 1.0.0.141 beta - failed

Today I tried to update from 1.0.0.139 to 1.0.0.141 beta. Tried several times and it failed each time. I'm looking forward to testing the nodeMCU API sketch.

Here is a screen cap of the error log:
    Attached Files

I have just run this update on two systems here and it is fine. Try to disable the plugin, restart homeseer, update the plugin then restart the plugin and see if that works.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Do I also need to update the sketches on the Arduino's for this update or is it a only plugin update?

BTW. the link to the release notes end up in a "File not found - Sorry, that file doesn’t live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private. "

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
        Do I also need to update the sketches on the Arduino's for this update or is it a only plugin update?
        This update only updates the API mode so if your boards use the standard sketch then you will not need to update the Boards but there is also no new features so there is not much point in updating unless you use the API sketch.

The API sketch has had a bit of an overhaul and if you are using it on other boards they will also need to be updated.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks Greig, I hold off for now since I am not using the API mode.

Not sure if you seen this (seems like we were posting at the same time:

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
            I just installed 1.0.0.141 without issue. As is common with most plug-ins for the last several months, it installed successfully but failed to initialize after installation. I had to disable/enable the plug-in to get it started. I think this is a HomeSeer problem as it affects most updates.

With 1.0.0.141 Available Sketch Version = 1.0.0.134, API Version = API1.0.0.140, so it depends on the version you are currently running.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Well, based on your experiences, I have to assume I am doing something wrong in regards to installing the 141 beta. I'll be away for the next couple of weeks but will be unable but anxious to test upon my return.

Could anyone possibly post or PM me the default API sketch for a nodeMCU? I can learn about how it works during my away time. The SendToHS and FromHS functions look pretty straight forward. If I have the base API sketch, I can probably make some coding progress before I am able to resolve the upgrade problem. Under 139 I don't see an option to download API.

Comment

Updated the plugin from 1.0.0.139 to 1.0.0.141 without any problems.

Like always I followed the following steps:
                1. Shutdown HS3
                2. Copy the HS3 directory to a backup location (just in case )
                3. Start HS3
                4. Disable the plugin to prevent "file in use"
                5. Update the plugin
                6. Enable the plugin

Comment

Back from vacation. Today was the first chance I had to mess around with the API mode. After several tries, I got the PI upgraded to 142. I was on 138 I think. I've figured it out mostly. I have multiple sensors working across several API sketches and am testing more now. I really like it so far. Very straight forward.

The thing I did get frustrated with was the board configs. I would add one as IP attached nodeMCU API and then another also as the same. Somehow it kept trying to revert to a comm port. I think there is some wackyness in the config UI as far as COM port vs IP. Swapping back and forth between boards is when I saw it. I probably added and deleted 3 times before I got all devices to 'stick'.

I am looking forward to adding a few more devices. A DT11 is on the list for tomorrow and probably a CO sensor too. Having outside temp and humidity will be new inputs. My furnace is inside so CO sensing is a plus.

My main focus this weekend is getting all Arduinos moved to a common sketch on the API framework. These devices are physically spread out. I'm having comm reliability issues. Uptime is really important for me. I can get good signal to them at the edges but my suspicion is that the little nodeMCU doesn't have enough power to get back reliably. I do have two extenders I can play around with to characterize what is going on. Also have Netgear analyzer on android. That helps a lot.

Hopefully the weather will be decent. I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                    Back from vacation. Today was the first chance These devices are physically spread out. I'm having comm reliability issues.
                    And there is NO opportunity to run Ethernet ? I was going to go down the wireless path but like you I need it to just work....the ethernet has been totally rock solid....
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Would have to be 200+ feet of cat 5 buried grade. I'm not up to trenching that.

I'm hopeful I can balance with the two extender networks I have.

Comment

All nodeMCUs have been updated to the API sketch. They now all have temp and humidity reporting in addition to motion and door/window sensing. Working great.

Still have some comm issues at the edge but that is a project for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X