HS2 to HS3, Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Not sure why the side affect to z-wave however...

Robert
    Thanks Robert. I just did the clock copy. I suspect the z-wave issue has to do with the initial setup failing and me manually coping files to the respective directories. But, I dont really know, and need some smarter folks to weigh in.

Gary

IMAGE:

Comment

For the weather source setup... if your station is uploading to WU and producing csv data file then only set one of them up. My choice would be csv as that removes a dependency on internet and the WU server. I would not bother with the other two WU stations if you have local data.

NOAA and WU are both good weather forecast sources. I have no specific knowledge, but impression is that WU tries to become more localized. I could be totally wrong on this, however.

images\clock.gif or images/clock.gif is not used within mcsSprinklers and do not why HS3 would look for something in the mcsSprinklers subfolder if the plugin was not enabled or not.

The \html\help file structure was the standard for HS2 so I continued with HS3. Zwave was not a plugin in HS2, but part of the core HS2. It may be that HS3 has a different convention for help files and by creating the help folder confused the new Zwave plugin.

The debug on the csv file shows:
      CSV/XML File \\LIAN34G\Public\VWS-Data\csv\data.csv does not exist for reading

Need to make certain this file exists and the network drive and user running HS3 has read authorization on the network drive.

Comment

Yep, bad path. My bad, sorry for the trouble. I assumed it was working in HS2, but I guess it was bad there also, because I did not change it in HS3. In any case, when the problems surfaced I should have checked it out. I have converted it to be a file reference (e.g. C:\Users...) instead of a UNC and it is delivering valued now. Thanks much.

if your station is uploading to WU and producing csv data file then only set one of them up. My choice would be csv as that removes a dependency on internet and the WU server. I would not bother with the other two WU stations if you have local data.
        Yes, my station is delivering data to WU (KTXNORTH9), but I am still confused about how you treat the Weather sources. Are you saying dont configure anything under "Optional Alternate Weather Source" (i.e. set the "None" button)? Or just don't put any Station ID's in (including mine)? My original thought was that your first source would be my local csv data and if my station was down you would go to the other, nearby WU stations. (Raises the question HOW would you determine my station was down?) Under what conditions do you use the "Optional Alternate Weather Source"?

It may be that HS3 has a different convention for help files and by creating the help folder confused the new Zwave plugin.
        Are you going to research this further?

My next steps are to "Activate For Season" and see what happens.

Gary

Comment

Lower in the Weather Setup Page you select the source for each sensor. If you have all your weather sensor info coming from CSV then there is no point in doing any download of internet data for current weather conditions. You would select the optional weather download to be "None". Don't confuse this with Forecast source as you do not have that as being local in CSV so you will want NOAA or WU for that soure.

The only time alternate sensor sources are used is if they are selected to be WU. If the site reports some error or there is something like 404 HTTP code then the secondary station would be used. There is no logic to evaluate if a reporting station has not updated values. If you think your station may stop then dont use csv and use WU.

For the help file there is no SDK guidance and I see no reason to change where it is located. If this causes problems with Zwave plugin, then the Zwave plugin should be updated so it is not sensitive to where other plugins put their help files.

No problem with investigating the CSV. It showed where I did have an issue on the Linux install. There are so many things done by mcsSprinklers that when a major change like Linux compatibility is introduced there is only so much testing I can do before release. I actually did this is two steps. One was standalone a few years ago and this year merged it with HS3 to have a single .NET 4 set of code. I do not expect to produce .NET 3.5. Will see if the PRO100 users will need a .NET 2 version.

Comment

Thanks Michael for the feedback. Appreciate your support.

Gary

Comment

Working...
            X