Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have To Restart Router About Every 7-10 Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have To Restart Router About Every 7-10 Days?

I have noticed that after setting up homeseer S6 Pro with HS3 software that my wifi drops about every 7-10 days and I have to restart my router to get wifi internet back. Any ideas or help on this would be much appreciated...Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    I have noticed that after setting up homeseer S6 Pro with HS3 software that my wifi drops about every 7-10 days and I have to restart my router to get wifi internet back. Any ideas or help on this would be much appreciated...Rick

Although you can, try not to connect the HomeSeer server using WiFi! But if your router is way too from your server try and invest is a set of NETGEAR Powerline . That will stop you from bogging done your WiFi with traffic.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Sounds like your router may have issues. Just as a point of reference I've not restarted my router in years so the only way it gets restarted is if we have a power outage. Maybe try upgrading to a new model or simply put a controllable plugin module on that router and restart is automatically every X number of days.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the homeseer system connected via cat5 directly to my router not via wifi. Any other ideas would be much appreciated. The router itself goes down after about 7-10 days and I have to power cycle the router to get my wifi working again. Didn't do this until started to use homeseer hardware/software. Again additional thoughts on this are much appreciated...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Sounds like your router may have issues. Just as a point of reference I've not restarted my router in years so the only way it gets restarted is if we have a power outage. Maybe try upgrading to a new model or simply put a controllable plugin module on that router and restart is automatically every X number of days.
          I agree with Rupp. your router has issues. get a new one. I had a router just like that, purchased a new asus and all my hair pulling went away.

Comment

My daughter's laptop (Lonovo Yoga) and Dad's iPad were dropping the network connections on a regular basis. The iPad would be surfing the internet and then give an invalid password error. I have a dual band router and when I contacted my service provider they added -5G to the 5G band's name. This seems to have solved the problem. Note that neither device had a problem for a couple weeks for my Dad's iPad (he has been staying with us that long) and months for my daughter's laptop. The router does an auto-update of the firmware and I do not know when the last update was received, but nothing was changed on my end. I admittedly don't understand the routers and connections bit and have a feeling that if I want to use the 5G band I need to connect to that name as well and prefer it over the other, but this does appear to have solved the issues with those systems. Might be something worth trying. Then again, others with more knowledge may disagree. I can say that I noticed all my neighbors router names are "split" like this now and do not recall seeing that before. I renamed mine and they have not.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
              My daughter's laptop (Lonovo Yoga) and Dad's iPad were dropping the network connections on a regular basis. The iPad would be surfing the internet and then give an invalid password error. I have a dual band router and when I contacted my service provider they added -5G to the 5G band's name. This seems to have solved the problem. Note that neither device had a problem for a couple weeks for my Dad's iPad (he has been staying with us that long) and months for my daughter's laptop. The router does an auto-update of the firmware and I do not know when the last update was received, but nothing was changed on my end. I admittedly don't understand the routers and connections bit and have a feeling that if I want to use the 5G band I need to connect to that name as well and prefer it over the other, but this does appear to have solved the issues with those systems. Might be something worth trying. Then again, others with more knowledge may disagree. I can say that I noticed all my neighbors router names are "split" like this now and do not recall seeing that before. I renamed mine and they have not.

The Asus Routers (https://www.asus.com/Networking/Wire...ters-Products/) work in dual-band mode so does some newer devices like newer iPads. So you can add them in both bands in the router settings. They are great! And of course extremely powerful.

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
              X