Unable to connect to HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to HomeSeer

When starting Z-Seer, I get a message that says "Unable to connect to HomeSeer, click OK to open the connection settings. This happens whether I run it on my HomeSeer computer or another computer on the network. On the HomeSeer computer, in the "Select System" dropdown, my HomeSeer IP address is listed but when I select it, I get the same error. On a different computer, I put in the IP of the HomeSeer system and I get that error. The message is very vague and doesn't give any information about WHY it's unable to connect.

Its a bug affecting some systems which HST never resolved. The only way to get it working is to put the Z-Seer.exe file in you Homeseer root folder and run it from there. Not very helpful if you want to run it on a remote PC.
    Jon

Comment

I tried putting the .exe file in the HomeSeer HSPRO directory and in the HomeSeer directory. Neither one works. Now I get this error:

"Error initializing: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerAPI, Version=1.0.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Line: 0"

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Comment

Odd....unless you are running Linux, that is the advice given by Rich (which works for me): https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=121
        Jon

Comment

Not running Linux.

What HS folder is he talking about? In c:\ProgramFiles (x86), I have HomeSeer, HomeSeer HS3 and HomeSeer HSPRO.

I've also got a folder where my HomeSeer database is located called c:\automation\Homeseer

Comment

You should put it in the same folder as the HS3.exe file is located.
            Jon

Comment

I put it in that directory and it's still not working. I'm not getting that long error though. I'm getting the "Unable to connect". I'm sure it's something simple but I sure don't see it. I've attached a document with some screenshots.

Maybe I'm not putting the right thing in the "Host Name / IP Address" field. I've tried just the IP, the IP with the port (81) and localhost. Nothing works.

Thanks for your help!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DC; October 3, 2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I am having the same problem, even when located in the same folder as HS3.exe

Comment

Same problem here

This is a little ridiculous if you ask me -- you buy a program, install it on the same machine running HS3 and Windows and it can't connect to it?

Anyway, same problem for me.

Comment

You guys need to put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com so this can be fixed.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Check for current z-wave plug-in.

Make sure you are running the current z-wave plug-in.

I was having the same communication problem and tried moving the EXE file with no success.

I decided to go ahead and register the software even though it was not working. During registration, I got a message telling me to update the plug-in. I found that I was not running the current version, so I updated. (Actually, after the update, I accidentally uninstalled the plug-in, and had to add it back.)

In any case, after all this, Z-Seer+ communicates properly with HS3 even with the EXE file located in its normal location.

This may or may not be what others are experiencing, but it solved the problem for me.

Comment

I have the same problem even after following all the advice above. I have 3.0.1.87: Z-Wave version.

Comment

Originally posted by Clement View Post
                          I have the same problem even after following all the advice above. I have 3.0.1.87: Z-Wave version.
                          You might try upgrading to the latest beta for z-wave which is .179. I am on .179 and it works there. Disable z-wave plugin first then upgrade then re-enable z-wave plugin. What version of HS3 are you on? I am on .368.

Comment

Same problem, Z-Seer cannot generate Map

I also have the same problem after purchasing and installing Z-Seer.
                            It geenrates only the Z_Wave interface along with its neighbors but log show:

Initializing connection to HomeSeer...
                            Cannot access HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
                            System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 34 Minutes 48 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.1.145
                            Number of Devices: 309
                            Number of Events: 91
                            Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                            2.0.57.0: BLDSC
                            2.0.8.0: BLEmail
                            5.0.0.7: Global Cache
                            0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.6132.16975: UltraGCIR3