Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error installing on Linux (Homeseer SEL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on this? I have been searching for alternative solutions to this but cannot find any. My trial for this plugin expires in 7 days and I would love to get this plugin to work.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by thejtdude View Post
      Any update on this? I have been searching for alternative solutions to this but cannot find any. My trial for this plugin expires in 7 days and I would love to get this plugin to work.

Thanks in advance.
      I asked the HST team, they said they are building a new SEL image with the mono-complete package installed, but they have not figure out a way to update existing units yet.

For my part, I'm going to investigate to see if I can build a version of the Ecobee plugin that would not need the mono-complete package to be installed but I think this is going to be difficult.

Comment

I changed a few things in version 3.0.0.22 attached, and I'm now able to run this version on Linux without the mono-devel package.

Could you try it and let me know? Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud -
          Thanks for making the changes. I can move the files into place but not sure where they go. Update3 directory? Or do they each go into the specific directory called out in the install.txt file? And do I need to delete the other Ecobee files from the old version that wasn't installed properly?

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
            Hi Spud -
            Thanks for making the changes. I can move the files into place but not sure where they go. Update3 directory? Or do they each go into the specific directory called out in the install.txt file? And do I need to delete the other Ecobee files from the old version that wasn't installed properly?

Thanks,

Pat
            sorry, the installation steps are here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177451

you don't need to delete anything
            the zip goes in Updates3/Zips
            and the updater_override.txt file goes in the HS3 root folder

Comment

OK. Thanks. I think we're getting closer. I had to change the updater_override.txt for the .22 version but once I did that it showed up on the list, downloaded, and said it installed correctly. It never did show up in the plugins list and the error in the log is:

Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_Ecobee.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Invalid type Ecobee.Net.Api for instance field HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp:m_ecobeeApi

Let me know what else we can try.

Thanks again.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
                OK. Thanks. I think we're getting closer. I had to change the updater_override.txt for the .22 version but once I did that it showed up on the list, downloaded, and said it installed correctly. It never did show up in the plugins list and the error in the log is:

Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_Ecobee.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Invalid type Ecobee.Net.Api for instance field HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp:m_ecobeeApi

Let me know what else we can try.

Thanks again.

Pat
                what do you mean by "I had to change the updater_override.txt for the .22 version", the updater_override.txt I posted here seems ok

please try to run the exe manually from the command line and post what you get:
                Code:
                sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe

Comment

Hi Spud -
                  I didn't see the updated file you provided. I had used the link from the forum. It was for the .21 version. I updated it and it worked fine. Just to be sure that didn't cause any problems I started over and used the .22 txt file that you provided and got the same results.

Here is the output from your request:

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$ sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSPI_Ecobee.exe
                  [sudo] password for homeseer:
                  Mono: Config attempting to parse: '/etc/mono/config'.
                  Mono: Config attempting to parse: '/home/homeseer/.mono/config'.
                  Mono: process_set_name: using [HSPI_Ecobee.exe] as prog name
                  Mono: mono_w32handle_new: create Process handle 0x400
                  Mono: Assembly Loader probing location: '/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll'.
                  Mono: Image addref mscorlib[0x9396bc0] -> /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll[0x9395e 98]: 2
                  Mono: Prepared to set up assembly 'mscorlib' (/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll)
                  Mono: AOT: image '/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll.so' not found: /usr/lib/mono/4. 5/mscorlib.dll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                  Mono: Found assembly remapping for mscorlib and was for the same version 4.0.0.0
                  Mono: Found assembly remapping for mscorlib and was for the same version 4.0.0.0
                  Mono: Assembly Loader probing location: '/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll'.
                  Mono: AOT: image '(null)' found.
                  Mono: Assembly Loader loaded assembly from location: '/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib .dll'.
                  Mono: Config attempting to parse: '/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll.config'.
                  Mono: Config attempting to parse: '/etc/mono/assemblies/mscorlib/mscorlib.config '.
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.OutOfMemoryException:.ctor (string) [0xb4bbf450 - 0xb4bbf488 0xb4f3ff78]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void__this ___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Exception:.cctor () [0xb4b9f8f0 - 0xb4b9f930 0xb4 f3f3ed]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void (object ,intptr,intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper alloc) object:AllocSmall (intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Exception:Init () [0xb4b9df40 - 0xb4b9dfa7 0xb4f3 f26d]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.NullReferenceException:.ctor (string) [0xb4bbb720 - 0xb4bbb758 0xb4f3feb6]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.StackOverflowException:.ctor (string) [0xb4bccee0 - 0xb4bccf18 0xb4f40682]
                  Mono: Assembly mscorlib[0x9396bc0] added to domain HSPI_Ecobee.exe, ref_count=1
                  Mono: Assembly Loader probing location: 'HSPI_Ecobee.exe'.
                  Cannot open assembly 'HSPI_Ecobee.exe': No such file or directory.
                  Mono: GC_MAJOR: (user request) time 1.02ms, stw 1.49ms los size: 0K in use: 0K
                  Mono: GC_MAJOR_SWEEP: major size: 224K in use: 1K
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_virtual_void __this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context:.cctor () [0xb4 de3b20 - 0xb4de3b70 0xb4f4f2c7]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_gc_ alloc_obj (intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.cctor () [0xb4ee0310 - 0xb4ee0360 0xb4f56e6a]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void (object ,intptr,intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper alloc) object:AllocVector (intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.LocalDataStoreMgr:.ctor () [0xb4b6e240 - 0xb4b6e3 11 0xb4f3d752]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2:.ctor () [0xb4ed 4a40 - 0xb4ed4a77 0xb4f569f2]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Collections.Generic.EqualityComparer`1:get_Defaul t () [0xb4edb950 - 0xb4edb9c0 0xb4f56b9c]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Collections.Generic.EqualityComparer`1:CreateComp arer () [0xb4edb9c0 - 0xb4edbda0 0xb4f56b9e]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:.cctor () [0xb4bcaa40 - 0xb4bcabb0 0x b4f4053a]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:IsAssignableFrom (System.Type) [0xb4b c3be0 - 0xb4bc3d67 0xb4f401b8]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:get_UnderlyingSystemType () [0xb4bc3f 80 - 0xb4bc3f9f 0xb4f401da]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeTypeHandle:type_i s_assignable_from (System.Type,System.Type).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method string:memset (byte*,int,int) [0xb4bd67a0 - 0xb4bd68e0 0 xb4f408aa]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:CreateInstanceForAnotherGenericParame ter (System.Type,System.RuntimeType) [0xb4bc9410 - 0xb4bc94c3 0xb4f4046f]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper stelemref) object:virt_stelemref_class_small_idept h (intptr,object).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeType:MakeGenericT ype (System.Type,System.Type[]).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:GetDefaultConstructor () [0xb4bc7590 - 0xb4bc76c2 0xb4f40369]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:GetConstructors (System.Reflection.Bi ndingFlags) [0xb4bc2030 - 0xb4bc20b5 0xb4f400ad]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo:.cctor () [0xb4c6ca60 - 0xb4c6caa0 0xb4f4483d]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:GetConstructorCandidates (string,Syst em.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.CallingConventi ons,System.Type[],bo ol) [0xb4bc1640 - 0xb4bc18c8 0xb4f40073]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CultureInfo:.cctor () [0xb4d0a3f0 - 0xb4d0a470 0xb4f4887e]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CultureInfo:.ctor (int,bool,bool) [ 0xb4d06a60 - 0xb4d06e85 0xb4f4867a]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CalendarData:.cctor () [0xb4cbec80 - 0xb4cbf920 0xb4f46811]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CalendarData:.ctor () [0xb4cbec50 - 0xb4cbec76 0xb4f4680c]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper stelemref) object:virt_stelemref_sealed_class (int ptr,object).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CultureData:get_Invariant () [0xb4c f3ec0 - 0xb4cf4200 0xb4f47ef4]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.CultureInfo:ConstructInvariant (boo l) [0xb4d06820 - 0xb4d0697c 0xb4f48659]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo:get_InvariantInfo () [0xb4cde0f0 - 0xb4cde160 0xb4f4780f]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo:.ctor (System.Glob alization.CultureData) [0xb4cddc70 - 0xb4cde099 0xb4f477d7]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo:ReadOnly (System.G lobalization.NumberFormatInfo) [0xb4cdfc00 - 0xb4cdfc92 0xb4f478c6]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) object:MemberwiseClone ().
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) object:MemberwiseClone (object) .
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Globalization.TextInfo:get_Invariant () [0xb4ce22 d0 - 0xb4ce2340 0xb4f47a41]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:FilterHelper (System.Reflection.Bindi ngFlags,string&,bool,bool&,bool&,System.RuntimeType/MemberListType&) [0xb4bc0bf0 - 0xb4bc0d19 0xb4f4002c]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:GetConstructors_internal (System.Refl ection.BindingFlags,System.RuntimeType) [0xb4bc9680 - 0xb4bc97bd 0xb4f40481]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeType:GetConstruct ors_native (System.RuntimeType,System.Reflection.BindingFlags).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MethodBase:Ge tMethodFromHandleInternalType_native (intptr,intptr,bool).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.RuntimeGPtrArrayHandle:GPt rArrayFree (Mono.RuntimeStructs/GPtrArray*).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType/ListBuilder`1:.ctor (int) [0xb4bcabb0 - 0xb4bcabf0 0xb4f40563]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType:FilterApplyMethodBase (System.Reflect ion.MethodBase,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflect ion.BindingFlags,Sys tem.Reflection.CallingConventions,System.Type[]) [0xb4bc1160 - 0xb4bc13ca 0xb4f4 0055]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType/ListBuilder`1:Add (T) [0xb4bcade0 - 0 xb4bcaef2 0xb4f4056d]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.RuntimeType/ListBuilder`1:ToArray () [0xb4bcac50 - 0xb4bcad21 0xb4f40567]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:GetParametersCount () [0xb 4c74c70 - 0xb4c74cad 0xb4f44cb9]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethodInf o:get_parameter_info (intptr,System.Reflection.MemberInfo).
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:I nternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Collections.Generic.GenericEqualityComparer`1:.ct or () [0xb4edc370 - 0xb4edc38c 0xb4f56bd1]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context:Finalize () [0x b4de23e0 - 0xb4de2424 0xb4f4f178]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.Remoting.Context s.Context:ReleaseContext (System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context).
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Threading.Thread:Finalize () [0xb4d1f830 - 0xb4d1 f86e 0xb4f493ac]
                  Mono: AOT: FOUND method System.Threading.InternalThread:Finalize () [0xb4d28f20 - 0xb4d28f69 0xb4f497ee]
                  Mono: AOT NOT FOUND: (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.InternalThread :Thread_free_internal (System.Threading.InternalThread).
                  Mono: mono_w32socket_cleanup: cleaning up
                  Mono: mono_w32handle_ref_core: ref Process handle 0x400, ref: 1 -> 2
                  Mono: mono_w32handle_unref_core: unref Process handle 0x400, ref: 2 -> 1 destroy : false
                  Mono: Unloading domain HSPI_Ecobee.exe[0x9393330], assembly mscorlib[0x9396bc0], ref_count=1
                  Mono: Unloading assembly mscorlib [0x9396bc0].
                  Mono: Unloading image /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll [0x9395e98].
                  homeseer@hometrollerSEL:~$

Comment

It seems that mono didn't find HSPI_Ecobee.exe
                    did you run the command from the HS3 installation directory i.e. /usr/local/HomeSeer ?

If not you need to:

cd /usr/local/HomeSeer

Comment

I worked on this issue with HST, one package is missing on the SEL.
                      so please install it using the following command:

sudo apt-get -y install libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil

then reboot your SEL

then try to start version 3.0.0.22 of the Ecobee plugin from the web interface.

Let me know if it works. Thanks

Comment

Works perfect. Fantastic. Thanks for all of the efforts.

Comment

After working with Spud, we have a fix for this issue. Along with the install of a lib on the SEL and Spuds updated (version 22) Ecobee plug-in. There seems to be no problem installing and running the Ecobee plug-in on any SEL (old and new). This update is only for users that are getting an error when installing the Ecobee plug-in on their SEL.

1. Go to Tools->System->Linux Tools
                          2. Log in with 'homeseer' and your SEL system password
                          3. Enter this command 'sudo apt-get -y install libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil'
                          4. Reboot your system
                          5. Update your plug-in to version 3.0.0.22 (or fresh install)

Voila! You can now connect your Ecobee thermostat to your HS3 system. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I am having this error with the Chromecast plugin. I did try your latest version that I noticed today but had no luck.

My trial period expires today so I guess I am out of luck for now.

Comment

Working...
                            X