HS2 to HS3, Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 to HS3, Finally...

Michael, I am finally ready to move my mcsSprinklers from HS2 to HS3 and retire HS2. I would appreciate it if you would review the following migration notes and let me know what has changed, needs to be added or is no longer applicable.

For background, I will go with mcsSprinklersP with my current Rain8Net. Most of the following were taken from posts back in 2015.

HS3 does not support the allocation of house codes between plugins so mcsSprinklers uses "R" for the valves and "S" for the status devices. mcsSprinklers.ini should be edited to change all "#" to "R"
    Here are my ini items, other than HTML color settings, that have the # and need to be changed.
    NET:1:1=#1,60,False
    NET:1:2=#2,60,False
    NET:1:3=#3,60,False
    NET:1:4=#4,60,False
    NET:1:5=#5,60,False
    NET:1:6=#6,60,False
    NET:1:7=#7,60,False
    NET:1:8=#8,60,False
    A_#1=I1
    A_#2=I2
    A_#3=I3
    A_#4=I4
    A_#5=I5
    A_#6=I6
    A_#7=I7

Is Browser still an issue, from a prior post you stated:
    This page uses multipart encoding to allow transfer of binary images and that capability does not exist with Chrome. Chrome may have a different way to do it, but never did the research to know. Use IE for Other and Picture Pages. IE also works best for the two touch pages.
    Other points from posts:
    Get mcsSprinklers from the updater.
    Copy your \Config\mcsSprinklers.ini and \Config\mcsSprinklers_Interview.ini (if it exists) to the equivalent location on HS3. This will give you the same setup.
    Copy your database which is located based upon the user definition on the Other Page to same location on HS3 computer. This will keep your irrigation history.
    IN MY CASE: C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb moved to C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\data\mcsSprinklers\

Also in the .ini, and I assume needs to be changed to:
    DATABASE=C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers .mdb
    DEBUGPATH="C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\Data\mcsSprinklers"

Enable mcsSprinklers from HS3. During initialization it should create the devices you are setup.
    Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by Kbevo; February 12, 2018, 05:08 PM.

This all looks good. The multipart forms work with HS3. I intercepted the payload and did the decoding in the plugin rather than where it is normally done by the http server. Still have an open bugzilla ticket for uploading pictures in Linux, but Windows is fine.

If you open your database you will find tables starting with "d". These are the on/off command history of each zone. You will need to rename the table name just as you did the # to R transformation in the .ini file. If you do not care about the history then you do not need to do this.

There is also a "tbldevice" table in the databzse that has similar status and zone device usage. It restores the state on startup. It only means that when you start with HS3 you will not have your HS2 shutdown state.

I dropped separate Basic and Standard plugins and reduced price on Professional. Your wait has a financial payback. This should all be reflected in the HST store/updater and if it is not then wait before pulling the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      This all looks good.

If you open your database you will find tables starting with "d". These are the on/off command history of each zone. You will need to rename the table name just as you did the # to R transformation in the .ini file. If you do not care about the history then you do not need to do this.
      I did cut the history back to three years of data in all the tables, so I may as well do the renames also. You are saying change the "d" to an "R" in all the table names (e.g. d351 to R351)?

There is also a "tbldevice" table in the databzse that has similar status and zone device usage. It restores the state on startup. It only means that when you start with HS3 you will not have your HS2 shutdown state.
      My shutdown state in HS2 (transfered to HS3) is "Seasonal Shutdown" (all zones disabled). However, more concerning, I don't see a tbldevice.

I dropped separate Basic and Standard plugins and reduced price on Professional. Your wait has a financial payback. This should all be reflected in the HST store/updater and if it is not then wait before pulling the trigger.
      Ouch! Unfortunately I already paid, however, this issue has a history. I will email you the discussion with the HS Store so you can weigh in on what is appropriate.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

d351 = d#1 (35 is ascii for #). Change d351 to dR1. Dont worry about tblDevices. It likely is only used on the standalone version. HS maintains device status for startup initialization.

Comment

d351 = d#1 (35 is ascii for #). Change d351 to dR1. Dont worry about tblDevices. It likely is only used on the standalone version. HS maintains device status for startup initialization.
          Thanks Michael. One more question before I flip the switch. Now that I have preserved the last three years of history, does the HS mcsSprinklers version actually use the history in any way? If so how?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

If you're using Pro, the history is kept in \Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              If you're using Pro, the history is kept in \Data\mcsSprinklers\mcsSprinklers.mdb.

Robert
              Thanks Robert. I intended to ask how the history is actually used by the mcsSprinklers plugin, if at all? A big part of the dB is history. I know in the past Michael has offered several utility programs that could graph that history but those were separate and apart from the plugin. If the plugin logic does not actually use the history, it may change the way one would view that dB's maintenance and cleanup.

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Gary,

I have referred to my history prior to upgrading to HS3 using the mcsSprinkler PRO built in graphing capabilities.

Sill kind of interesting...

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The history is used to calculate water flow rates so an expected average is determined against which unexpected usage is compared. It is used for wind speed calculation to support the inhibit setup by the user. There may be others, but this is what comes to mind for scheduling.

There is a rich package for display of historical information. The calendar is normally the entryway, but there are other pages that give access. Just click on the calendar cells. Daily details can be displayed and annual trends can be viewed graphically. The annual ET display is the most telling for me to get an overall view of the season. Water usage is also interesting.

Comment

Thanks again. Its clear I am going to have to go back to school on all the mcsSprinkler functions. For the last several years, I guess I focused so much on the watering part, I neglected the historical functions. I am going to play the age card and blame it on poor memory.

Gary

Comment

No Joy...

Michael, looks like there are some startup issues.

The first time I enabled the mcsSprinklers plugin I received:
                      Feb-14 2:46:03 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP with instance: has disconnected
                      Feb-14 2:46:00 PM Error Initializing plug-in(1): MCSSPRINKLERSP Instance::mcsSprinklers InitHW Error Line 0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Time to load: 365 milliseconds
                      Feb-14 2:45:59 PM mcsSprinklers RegisterCallback2 Line Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                      Feb-14 2:45:59 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP ...
                      Feb-14 2:45:59 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59496
                      Feb-14 2:45:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

I then, searched for the MySql.Data.dll and found the only copy in the setup_hs folder. There was no bin\mcsSprinklers folder so I created one and copied the dll to that folder. I then enabled the plugin again and this time:
                      Feb-14 2:59:44 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP with instance: has disconnected
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM Error Initializing plug-in(1): MCSSPRINKLERSP Instance::mcsSprinklers InitHW Error Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Time to load: 383 milliseconds
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP Device S89 not recognized by HS
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM MCSSPRINKLERSP Device S62 not recognized by HS
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM mcsSprinklers InitHW: Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Feb-14 2:59:41 PM mcsSprinklers RegisterCallback2 Line Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Data.Sqlite, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                      Feb-14 2:59:40 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP ...
                      Feb-14 2:59:40 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:61035
                      Feb-14 2:59:40 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

What now?

Gary

Comment

Update...

After finding and copying the Mono.Data.Sqlite.dll (also in the setup_hs folder) to the bin\mcsSprinklers folder, I tried again. The third time it at least enabled, but got a S**t load of errors. See attached file.

Please look over the list and let me know the ones that need action, and of course what that action may be.

Gary
                        Attached Files

Comment

and #3...

I copied what I thought were the other mcsSprinklers files and folders from the setup_hs folder to their respective folders in the HS3 root. I then enabled the plugin a 3rd time and ran a Communication test to my rain8net. This what I got the errors in bold are the ones I need guidance on. It appeared that all my sprinkler zones came on and off (there is no zone 8).

Gary

Feb-14 4:02:01 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
                          Feb-14 4:02:01 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"

Feb-14 4:01:59 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8 Unit 1, Valve 6 R6: East Side/Back Yard OFF
                          Feb-14 4:01:59 PM mcsSprinklers R6(Rain8 East Side/Back Yard) OFF
                          Feb-14 4:01:20 PM mcsSprinklers Zone R8 has been declared failed after multiple attempts due to timeout in expected response
                          Feb-14 4:01:20 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8Net Unit 1 responded to valve 8 command=OFF with status of ON
                          Feb-14 4:01:10 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8Net Unit 1 responded to valve 8 command=OFF with status of ON
                          Feb-14 4:01:00 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8Net Unit 1 responded to valve 8 command=OFF with status of ON
                          Feb-14 4:00:50 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8Net Unit 1 responded to valve 8 command=OFF with status of ON
                          Feb-14 4:00:50 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Homeseer_HS3Pro/scripts/GDS_X10_Main.vb("Main","GDS_J1_Night")
                          Feb-14 4:00:50 PM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Night-Light-Recurring"
                          Feb-14 4:00:40 PM mcsSprinklers Zone R8 has been declared failed after multiple attempts due to timeout in expected response
                          Feb-14 4:00:40 PM mcsSprinklers Rain8Net Unit 1 responded to valve 8 command=OFF with status of ON
                          Feb-14 4:00:37 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
                          Feb-14 4:00:37 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
                          Feb-14 4:00:37 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.
                          Feb-14 4:00:37 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.
                          Feb-14 3:59:19 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
                          Feb-14 3:59:19 PM mcsSprinklers WeatherUnderground Download Error:type": "keynotfound"
                          Feb-14 3:59:17 PM mcsSprinklers Sprinklers now inhibited due to: Inhibit Setup Incomplete
                          Feb-14 3:58:21 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP started successfully in 4784 milliseconds
                          Feb-14 3:58:17 PM mcsSprinklers Version 2.18.0.1 | V2.18.0.1/2.18.0.1 (Professional) Copyright 2004-2018 mcsSolutions Registered with Homeseer
                          Feb-14 3:58:17 PM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:
                          Feb-14 3:58:16 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP ...
                          Feb-14 3:58:16 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50383
                          Feb-14 3:58:16 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP

Comment

It looks like the install was incomplete. First with the missing .dll's and now with the missing images. Disable mcsSprinklers. Unzip the setup_hs.zip into C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\ folder. Enable mcsSprinklers. Go through the setup pages with simply a Save on each on. Devices, Wiring, Layout, Area should be sufficient to assure all the device creation and initialization is done in a predictable sequence.

The HSTouch Server messages are not associated with mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Disable mcsSprinklers. Unzip the setup_hs.zip into C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\ folder. Enable mcsSprinklers. Go through the setup pages with simply a Save on each on. Devices, Wiring, Layout, Area should be sufficient to assure all the device creation and initialization is done in a predictable sequence.
                              I may be past that. I have worked through the setup pages and what I saw looked right, but have not done a save (except for the programs setup, which I changed the times). You still want me to the saves, just to be sure?

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X