No announcement yet.

New Linear Z-Wave Light Bulb - Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience is that if you apply power via the switch will turn the light on, it doesn't require zwave to turn it on. Mike
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      @Macromark and @MNB - so, one of these bulbs is on and I shut if off via z-wave control from HS3. Then... someone physically turns off the switch (for whatever reason), now I can't turn the light on from HS3 because the switch is off, got it. However, if the light is off from HS3 and the switch is off physically, will turning on the switch (non z-wave) make the light come on, or does it still have to be turned on via HS3 somehow?

I hope I didn't overly wordy there.

I was about to buy a bunch of these, but now I'm not so sure.
      The behavior (when turned on by the physical switch) can be configured. By default, the lights come on at 100% when they get power again. You can configure them to return to Last On level (no matter if it was off). . .or to last state (off if it was off, on if it was on).

The concern @Macromark was mentioning is that your ZWave network may get confused if nodes it is depending on (the bulbs) are turned physically off at the switch.

Comment

When flashing the bulbs to 5.12, how long should this normally take? I haven't received any errors but my 1st one has been "Firware Update Status: Receiving" for about 10 minutes now!
        Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
          When flashing the bulbs to 5.12, how long should this normally take? I haven't received any errors but my 1st one has been "Firware Update Status: Receiving" for about 10 minutes now!
          Along with that message, you should also see a byte counter counting the number of bytes that have transferred to the device. If that byte counter is not moving, things may be stuck.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Mark, I am not seeing any numbers at all. I have aborted a couple of times, re-selected the file etc. but it just seems to sit there. I have also restarted HS and restarted the interface. No change.

Comment

This is what i always get. I am using the latest release of HS and the Z-Wave
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
                This is what i always get. I am using the latest release of HS and the Z-Wave
                Please post your support profile.

Comment

Current Date/Time: 6/7/2018 1:24:35 PM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.425
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 21 Minutes 5 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.2.4
                  Number of Devices: 103
                  Number of Events: 48
                  Available Threads: 400
                  HSTouch Enabled: True
                  Event Threads: 1
                  Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                  Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                  Device Exec Queue: 0
                  HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                  Email Send Queue: 0
                  Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Comment

Please include your plug-ins with this...

Comment

Sorry, all the details here
                      Attached Files

Comment

Neil - FWIW, this is what I mean by a support profile: https://forums.homeseer.com/announcement.php?f=620

My recommendation to you is to update your Z-Wave plug-in to the latest beta (.216) and try again.

Comment

Power cycle the bulb too before updating the firmware. It might be in a bad state.

Comment

That's what i did the first time, oh well. I will try the beta and let you know.
                            Thanks

Comment

I'll have to try this tonight when i'm there to reset the bulb. Thanks again

Comment

Upgrading to the Beta worked Mark. I am using the 3.0.1.216 beta and it worked straight away (well, it's slow, but it's working!). Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                                X